Speaker's Office

An area for citizens of The Rejected Realms to discuss regional and legislative affairs.
Until you have gained citizenship, you will not be able to post in this forum or view the Citizens' Private Forum sub-forum. To get citizenship, apply here.

Moderators: Speaker, Deputy Speaker

BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Re: Speaker's Office

Post by BowShot118 »

JL has been appointed to the position of Deputy Speaker to run the Speaker Election
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Goobergunchia
Nation: Goobergunchia
Discord: Goobergunch#2417

Post by Goobergunchia »

I have updated the OP.

The position of Deputy Speaker is vacant—I don't think it's a good idea to have an Officer as Deputy Speaker. Of you're interested in the position, please let me know.
Your friendly neighborhood Scary Antiquity Nation.
ADN Advisor Emeritus
Chef Big Dog
Nation: Chef Big Dog
Discord: idrivedrunk

Post by Chef Big Dog »

Hey guys, thanks for giving me your vote of confidence in confirming me as speaker. Really looking forward to serving the region in this capacity. I may have been the only choice but rest assured, you made the right one!

I've updated the OP and if anyone is interested in serving as Deputy Speaker please don't hesitate to let me know.
Wolfist-Francoist
Proud Griefer
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

Question: as indicated in the “Speaker and Procedures of the Assembly Act”, the Speaker may “…revise statutes passed by the Assembly to correct typographical or clerical errors or make other non-substantive changes where expedient…” which makes sense and all, but, in that very same act articles 6 and 7 seem flipped. Like, they don’t flow as well due to 6 bringing up what the Deputy Speaker can do while 7 establishes the Deputy Speakership as a role. It’s very backwards.

I guess my question is, does this situation fall under the purview of the Speaker as suggested in article 5 or will the act need an amendment?
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Chef Big Dog

Post by Chef Big Dog »

Manson wrote:
02 May 2023, 05:09
Question: as indicated in the “Speaker and Procedures of the Assembly Act”, the Speaker may “…revise statutes passed by the Assembly to correct typographical or clerical errors or make other non-substantive changes where expedient…” which makes sense and all, but, in that very same act articles 6 and 7 seem flipped. Like, they don’t flow as well due to 6 bringing up what the Deputy Speaker can do while 7 establishes the Deputy Speakership as a role. It’s very backwards.

I guess my question is, does this situation fall under the purview of the Speaker as suggested in article 5 or will the act need an amendment?
I think in this case flipping those two around would be okay since it wouldn't change the meaning of the act or anything. I also don't see it as particularly necessary though.

Also, as per our conversation on discord you are accepted as Deputy Speaker.
Wolfist-Francoist
Proud Griefer
ICH
Nation: ICH TRR

Post by ICH »

I am interested in serving as a Deputy Speaker if there's a vacancy for that position and should the Speaker require one.
Chef Big Dog

Post by Chef Big Dog »

ICH wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 23:02
I am interested in serving as a Deputy Speaker if there's a vacancy for that position and should the Speaker require one.
Welcome to the club.
Wolfist-Francoist
Proud Griefer
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Heya Folks
Looking for someone who hasn't been Speaker before to be Deputy Speaker, if you've thought about running for the role now is a great time to tip your toes into the water!
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

Plz update this thread Mr. Speaker: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=10029917
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Manson wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 06:14
Plz update this thread Mr. Speaker: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=10029917
Should be updated, sorry about that
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Kayden Nation has been appointed as Deputy Speaker
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Kayden Nation has been dismissed as Deputy Speaker. Additionally, Kraljevstvo Rata has been appointed as Deputy Speaker and will be running the vote for the Officer election.
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Off of the back of a short conversation on discord a while back with Grim and others, I've amended the titles of treaty threads in the legislation subforum to reflect the regions involved in the treaty (except TRR), where the title did not already reflect the involved region(s).

I have not done this for the Aegis Accords or Partnership for Regional Sovereignty due to their size.
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Aggie
Nation: Agalaesia
Discord: reversemilkshakeduck

Post by Aggie »

Dimetrodon Empire has been appointed as deputy speaker.

The assembly schedule is now public.
Aggie. Citizen of this Region
Also does many other boring things.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia
Dimetrodon Empire

Post by Dimetrodon Empire »

Just need to be masked as such here. :p
Aggie
Nation: Agalaesia
Discord: reversemilkshakeduck

Post by Aggie »

Persuant to the Government Accountability Act, the government has failed to produce and deliver a report within 48 hours of May 1 23:59 BST.
Aggie. Citizen of this Region
Also does many other boring things.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia

Return to “The Assembly”