A Failed Gameplay Model - the rise of Cosmopolitanism and the death of Duality

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

Neop
Nation: Neop

A Failed Gameplay Model - the rise of Cosmopolitanism and the death of Duality

Post by Neop »

This is not a lecture. It is more of an acquiescence. A reluctant acceptance of reality as it has existed for much of the NationStates world for the better part of the last decade. It is an acknowledgement that I have held to a standard of gameplay that is untenable and an acceptance of the ramifications of that internal shift. The basis upon which I have structured my level of activity (on and off) for the last ~14 years in NationStates is a failed construct that impedes more than helps my position in the current cosmopolitan atmosphere.

Duality is dead. For many (most?) it was never truly alive and those that adhered to it were either fooling themselves or seeking to fool others. I must admit to some level of the latter in my own gameplay activities over the years. I have been quick to point to separation as a means of justification for the most heinous acts against my fellow nations. More often than not, however, I was successful, even if there were persistent detractors to my method of play.

The trend towards large-scale cosmopolitanism further erodes the position of duality. There is no longer an effective assembly of nations willing and/or capable of the cognition required to maintain truly distinctive action under multiple national identities. Personally, I lament the loss of this method of gameplay, but as one of the last vestiges of the outmoded system, that is understandable. Therefore, I come here as Ivan Moldavi, leader of Pierconium, and quite a few other things.

While I do not anticipate this generating much attention, I offer to answer any questions about intermixed activities, justifications, or other items of interest if there are any that wish to ask them. I do not now state that all of my positions were interactive, but since the position of duality is no longer recognized in NS, then I must accept responsibility as the controller of those other nations. Pierconium is not my oldest nation, but it has undoubtedly become the one most directly associated with my activities. I am happy to address questions regarding the actions of Pierconium specifically or some of the other nations and institutions with which I have been affiliated. I have provided a truncated list below.

Some organizations with which I have been involved in no particular order:

The Pacific (Delegate and other positions)
New Pacific Order (Emperor and other positions)
The Meritocracy (Consul, Tribune, Senator)
The Union of Sovereigns (Founding member)
The GCR Sovereignty Accords (Founding member)
The North Pacific (Delegate and other positions)
North Pacific Directorate (Founder)
The South Pacific (Vice Delegate)
The West Pacific (Triumvirate and other positions)
The East Pacific (Empire, Justice)
The Alliance Defense Network (defender alliance) (Secretary of State, Attorney General, Admin)
The Sardaukar Confederacy Defense Trust (defender alliance) (Director)
Sparrow Elite Covert Ops (defender army) (Founder)
Sparrow (UN Delegate)
New Sparrow (Founder)
Empire (Founding member)

I'm sure there are a few others but they have currently slipped my mind.
neop
frattastan wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 12:01
Gamers rise up.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”