FOREVER PACIFIC

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

FOREVER PACIFIC

Post by Manson »

In 1942, Gen. Douglas MacArthur was departing the Phillipines as the Japanese continued their onslaught of the Pacific islands in the US's early days of World War II. He uttered the famous line, "I shall return," and indeed he kept that promise.

Today, I watch the crumbling of the Republic, that which I gave hours of my precious time both in writing and construction. I have given much to help the success of this region and we had won over many people to our Revolutionary ways. It was only a month ago that I still marvelled at the tenacity of this region with its ability to adapt to changes both in game mechanics and world politics.

I was shocked yesterday when a few people made the wrong decision to dissolve all of the hard work we had put into this region. Apparently, it was only a few senators who happened to be online who made the decision to defecate on this region.

Now the region has been turned over to Pierconium, a notorious Senator who once betrayed The North Pacific. His vision is not the same as mine regarding our great region; he is here to destroy it. Call him Nero and you will certainly have his character well in hand.

It is difficult for me to watch and see what is happening, for I was with many of these same senators at various epochs of the Revolution. Alas, I can remember the days when I was scorned by comrades Unlimited and Mammothistan, both of whom eventually gave me a chance to redeem myself. Sir Paul was certainly there in the early days; I still remember his great speech on how to become a senator on the old NPO forum. BlackAdder will certainly always be remembered for his incredible skills of diplomacy, being quite instrumental in garnering peace with TSP and many other regions. Dopp and I go back a long way, to days when we were on the wrong side of the Revolution. The New Duce and I were among the first Governors of the NPO. As you can see, I hold these people with a great deal of high esteem. What happened yesterday fragmented the solid bond we had with one another.

You will note that I have not included Pierconium in the list above of Republic Senators. The reason is clear: I never trusted him and have never felt any loyalty towards him. I have my reasons, some of which I will not state publically. But his actions against TNP during his acquisition of Pixiedance has left a huge wall of distrust between he and me that will probably never be broken down. And now he is the Delegate of my beloved region, and all I can do is watch with an aching heart as the Republic goes up in flames.

For all of you True Pacificans, my lamentations should be of grave concern. I once espoused to each of you that the Republic is each of you; you always had a voice to move the Republic in the desired direction you wanted. Look now, and you will see that with the recent events, a piece of you has just been murder, the homicide committed by a small cabal.

My only hope is that our memory never dulls of our Golden Age, our Pax Pacifica. So much has been destroyed in 48 hours: our culture; our future; our history; our home.

It is with the heaviest heart that I must walk away, for I cannot support a delegate who is nothing more than destructive. But mark my words, as I walk away to friendly lands:

I WILL RETURN!
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”