Principles and Politics

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Principles and Politics

Post by frattastan »

Principles and Politics
By EuroSoviets // 3 Aug 2005

Original source: http://alliedstatesofeuroislanders.blog ... chive.html
As posted in the Naivetry Reference Library.

I have never laughed so hard in my life as I did when reading the massively indignant responses of many citizens of the Pacific (located here). It just goes to show that no matter how long you know someone, Lenin's old adage applies only too well. "A lie repeated often enough becomes the truth." It occurs to me to wonder how many scared inhabitants of the Pacific have congregated together and discussed the possibility of the Pacific joining the ADN. Certainly the replies of The New Duce and Armatea have been full of viciously anti-ADN arguments. How many times has the question, "Are we going to join the ADN?" been repeated ad infinitum until in the manner of Chinese Whispers it has become " We're going to join the ADN! What do we do?"

I must say I trust to the good sense of Mammothistan, Unlimited and BlackAdder. Certainly I believe it unlikely that they will long sustain the inevitable collapse of the internal organs of the Pacific should the region join the ADN - internal rebellion is one characterisation I have heard mentioned about what might happen if the Pacific joins the ADN. The would-be rebels expect that their voice will be listened to. If it is listened to and the Pacific Senate does not force the region into the ADN, it is a blow in favour of democracy in the region and it is to be hoped that members of the Pacific will increasingly use principles to derive opinions as a result (rather than some of the changeable opportunism shown by 1838 in the thread listed above). The mass quotation of Unistrut was one irksome example of that opportunism, shot down by Unlimited.

Many people will reject the interpretation I offer of the events as they have transpired in the Pacific. Many people will also say that joining the ADN would be good for Pacifican democracy. Someone needs to clue me in on that particular thesis.

If the Pacific joined the ADN, parts of the Senate might be accepted into the solidified elite that exists at the ADN (Pope Hope, Unistrut, Blackbird, Dilber plus the army of Pope Hope bootlickers that spam away on the ADN forum) but what of the rest of the great Pacific citizenry? Such a massive change in foreign policy on the part of the Pacific would mean that the citizens of the Pacific would need to be active in the ADN, to fulfil military obligations if nothing else. Would the members of the Pacific be content to pick up the crumbs of what the closeted elite drop from their table? I should hope not! Such a thing would be the end of any democratic spirit in the Pacific.

So, to end this little polemic, in the interest of principle and the interest of a nice little one-two jab at the ADN, I say to the citizens of the Pacific, tell your Senate not to play games with the principles your region holds dear and tell the ADN that Pacific membership will not occur until there is no one in the Pacific left to oppose the hypocritical, pompous arrogance of the ADN.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”