Survey Results! - Survey of Influence and Perceived Talent and Ability between players.

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Survey Results! - Survey of Influence and Perceived Talent and Ability between players.

Post by frattastan »

Conducted by The Mighty Pump / 12 Jun 2005

Original source: http://z4.|invisionfree|.com/Galts_Gulch/ar/t204.htm
As posted in the Naivetry Reference Library.

From Monday the 13th June I shall be taking a two week break from NationStates. Afterwards I may decide to retire from NationStates. I probably won't retire but just in case I've decided to collect in the results of my survey and count them up. As I've decided to collect the results in now I didn't get to show this survey to all the regions and organisations that I wanted to and for the regions and organisations that I did show it to - often I didn't get many answers back. Overall though, I got a huge amount of feedback. Many nations have said that this is very biased to defenders - when I was thinking this up I realized that it is almost impossible to make a survey which wouldn't be biased towards defenders, as there are so many more defenders than invaders. I did try, and I think I managed, to make it unbiased in the ADN - UoS war of words. Here are the results:
Name, in order, the five nations (other than yourself) that you feel are the most influential on NationStates.
By a long distance at the top of this one is Pope Hope, Director of the ADN. This isn't as ADN orientated as I thought it would be as so many of the major figures of NationStates are attracted to the ADN. Very close to making the top 10 were Dilber, Crazy Girl, Stars of Sky, Kandarin and Free4All. I expected that Moldavi would make the list but I never predicted that he would end up where he did.

1. Pope Hope
2. Blackbird
3. Unlimited
4. Moldavi
5. EuroSoviets
6. General Tommy Franks (in his many forms)
7. Unistrut
8. Grub
9. The Red Factions
10. Gates the God
Name, in order, the five regions, other than the Pacifics or the Rejected Realms, that you feel are the most influencial on NationStates.
This one was a very closely fought one. There was a little battle at the top between Nasicournia and Gatesville and another one a bit lower down between Equilism, The Proletariat Coalition, The New Meritocracy and Allied States of EuroIslanders. The YoungWorld just kept 10th place from Lemuria and Stars.

1. Nasicournia
2. Gatesville
3. Equilism
4. 10000 Islands
5. The Proletariat Coalition
6. The New Meritocracy
7. Allied States of EuroIslanders
8. Whatever region the DEN resides in
9. Lazarus
10. The YoungWorld
Name, in order, the five regions, other than the Pacifics or the Rejected Realms, that you feel have the most effective and powerful armies/military groups on NationStates.
Incredibly close. There wasn't that much difference between 1st and 10th place. I believe that Pacific Defenders should be higher but obviously that isn't everybody's opinion. The Worlds Stronghold's presence on the list may startle some people. The YoungWorld, Ireland, Peaciean, Allied States of EuroIslanders and The Jolly Roger were all very close to making the list.

1. 10000 Islands
2. Nasicournia
3. Equilism
4. Gatesville
5. The Proletariat Coalition
6. Pacific Defenders
7. USK
8. Whatever region the DEN resides in
9. USSR
10. The Worlds Stronghold
Name, in order, the five organisations (e.g. EAA, TITO) that you feel are the most influential on NationStates.
No suprises here. EAA were extremely close to taking away the DEN's 5th place.
1. ADN (Alliance Defense Network)
2. RLA (Red Liberty Alliance)
3. UoS (Union of Sovereigns)
4. TITO (Ten Thousand Islands Treaty Organisation)
5. The DEN (God only knows!)
Name, in order, the five nations (other than yourself) that you feel have achieved the most from September 2004 to June 2005.
I'm not sure what people are going to make of this one. Everyone who is on deserves to be there but people may question others not being on the list. My opinion is that General Tommy Franks deserves to be higher up but he had trouble making the list as he had fierce competition from EuroSoviets, Westwind and Cu Mara.

1. The Red Factions
2. Moldavi
3. Stars of Sky
4. Unlimited
5. Blackbird
6. Minineenee
7. Dilber
8. Unistrut
9. Pope Hope
10. General Tommy Franks
Name, in order, the five nations (0ther than yourself), who consider themselves defenders, who you feel are currently causing nations who consider themselves raiders or invaders the most problems because of their ability and activity during invasions.
I have got some answers to this that I would count as stupid but everything is included. I think that Noelarie should be up there but he isn't. I (The Mighty Pump) was very close to making the list as was Pope Hope, which is bizarre in my book as I have never seen her in a liberation or defense - although she could be using puppets, which would explain it. It is probable that nations just included her in their survey results as they expect her to be active in defenses and liberations as she holds the top job in what this surveys results say is the most influencial organisation on NationStates (No offence meant PH). I may be wrong though......

1. Eagles Disobey
2. The Red Factions
3. Unistrut
4. Xhadam
5. Caras Way
Name, in order, the five nations (0ther than yourself) who have appeared between September 2004 and June 2005, who you feel deserve the title of best nOOb. Their oldest nations population must be under 1.5 billion.
Many people decided not to answer this one as it involved having to go look which nations are and aren't under 1.5 billion in population. I liked the results of this one (for obvious reasons). I don't think there are any suprises on it except maybe The Anti Commie Clan and I should switch places. Gidria and Gordonel were both very close to getting on.

1. Stars of Sky
2. The Mighty Pump
3. Gasponia
4. John Ashcroft Land
5. The Anti Commie Clan
Name, in order, the five organisations (e.g. ADN), that you feel have the most effective armies or military groups (e.g. RLAF).
Immensely close at the top - only a few points separating the top two! The DEN and UoS were very close to making the list. It is my opinion that Pacific Defenders should've been higher up on the list. I would've said first but the people who voted didn't think the same.

1. ADN
2. RLA
3. TITO
4. EAA
5. Pacific Defenders
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”