NS Influence Survey Results

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

NS Influence Survey Results

Post by frattastan »

Original source: http://|invisionfree|.com/forums/Wysteria ... /t6776.htm
As posted in the Naivetry Reference Library.
Falconias / 11 Apr 2009 wrote:NS Influence Survey Results

Thank you to everyone for participating!

105 unique users participated in this survey (1 survey appeared to be incomplete and was negated.) This was a pretty good success, and there are a lot of people interested to see the results. So without further delay, here are the results!

NATIONS

Nation -- Votes (Top 20 selections from 104 voters)
1st Todd McCloud -- 54
2nd Moo-Cows With Guns -- 44
3rd (tie) Pope Lexus X -- 43
3rd (tie) Falconias -- 43
5th Kandarin -- 40
6th TAO -- 37
7th Francos Spain -- 36
8th Gates the God -- 35
9th Red Back -- 34
10th (tie) Evil Wolf -- 31
10th (tie) Westwind -- 31
The Bruce -- 30
HEM -- 29
Anime Daisuki -- 29
Charles -- 28
Drop Your Pants -- 27
Parrrrtay -- 26
Hadisthe -- 24
NewTexas -- 24
Grub -- 23
Rykkland -- 23
Numero Capitan -- 22
The Graz -- 22
Romenoch -- 21
Sir Lans -- 20
Neasmyrna -- 19
Pope Hope -- 19
Bromannikha -- 18
Flemingovia -- 18
Fudgetopia -- 18
Great Bights Mum -- 18
General Franks -- 17
Gryffynn -- 17
Biyah -- 16
Northern Chittowa -- 16
Naivetry -- 15
West Hampshire -- 15
Ann -- 14
Crushing Our Enemies -- 14
Eli -- 14
Govindia -- 14
Joshua -- 14
Lethen -- 14
Mavenu -- 14
A Slanted Black Stripe -- 13
Big Killer Babys -- 13
Dalimbar -- 13
Halcones -- 13
Karputsk -- 13
Sydia -- 13
EuroSoviets -- 12
Kobold -- 12
Most Great Britannia -- 12
Wopruthien -- 12
Conservative UK -- 11
Diddly Squitt -- 11
Kharkistania -- 11
Of Crazed -- 11
Blackbird -- 10
Byzantine Glory -- 10
Eluvatar -- 10
Gerzam -- 10
Scardino -- 10
Caninope -- 9
Mikeswill -- 9
Neenee -- 9
Anumia (Julian Anumia)* -- 8
Chin-Chillas -- 8
Der Furher Dyszel -- 8
NeoHabighorst -- 8
Praetor -- 8
Sorenity2 -- 8
Alphaks -- 7
Con-Con -- 7
Haor Chall -- 7
High King Aragorn -- 7
Rhand -- 7
Assorro -- 6
Biteland -- 6
Caras Way -- 6
Fleeb -- 6
Krulltopia -- 6
Shell -- 6
Tir Eogain -- 6
Whamabama -- 6
Caer Rialis -- 5
Gracius Maximus -- 5
Lucretia Borgia -- 5
1 Infinite Loop* -- 4
Belchingburg -- 4
Felasia -- 3
Meridianland -- 3
Regius -- 3
Shizensky -- 3
The Merlion -- 3
Alexandros O Megas -- 2
Fraunkenstein -- 2
Gwenstefani -- 2
Omigodtheykilledkenny* -- 2
Rose* -- 2
Aexnidaral* -- 1
Alsted -- 1
Baabel* -- 1
Biain The First* -- 1
Cisco* -- 1
Equus* -- 1
Erastide* -- 1
Free4All* -- 1
Greekamerica* -- 1
J Delight* -- 1
Kaelonith* -- 1
Klaus Devestatorie* -- 1
Litreya* -- 1
Missing Dog Head* -- 1
Morrenstien* -- 1
Nastic* -- 1
New Britannian Kingdom* -- 1
New People* -- 1
Quintessence of Dust* -- 1
Rysonia* -- 1
Sardia* -- 1
Savaer* -- 1
Sedgistan* -- 1
Short Shorts* -- 1
Smurfosity* -- 1
Sovereign Dixie* -- 1
St. Constantine* -- 1
Swarmlandia* -- 1
The Grendels* -- 1
The Monkye* -- 1
Urguench* -- 1
Vryland* -- 1
Zanaro* -- 1

* indicates nation not included in the original 100

Honourable Mention
Anumia gained 8 of the 51 write-in selections.

Notes
-- I mistakenly listed the player known as "Anime Daisuki" twice. This was due to Goddess Relief Office being automatically included under the "top 25 founders" group and AD being listed under the "10 defenders" group. My apologies, I missed that error. To compensate, 1/3 of the votes from GRO were attributed to AD (GRO had 12 votes, so AD gained 4 votes.)
-- There were a couple names left off the original 100 that came up frequently in the write-in box. Anumia was the biggest one with 8 votes. For the next survey, any nation that earned 2 votes or more will be included on the original 100: Anumia, 1 Infinite Loops, Omigodtheykilledkenny, and Queen Rose.
-- 4 players who were actually were on the original 100 were given votes in the write-in box: Drop Your Pants, The Bruce, Falconias and Assorro. All of these only occurred once and were added to the player's total.
-- No, I did not fabricate my own results, lol. If anyone questions any of the rankings (their own, or someone else's), contact me and I can supply you with evidence.
-- 2 players did not get a single vote, which I have omitted from this list. One of them I was extremely surprised that he did not get a single vote... oh well.

REGIONS

Region -- Votes (Top 10 selections from 104 voters)
1st Europeia -- 48
2nd 00000 A World Power -- 44
3rd Gatesville -- 43
4th 10000 Islands -- 41
5th The Black Hawks -- 39
6th (tie) Canada -- 36
7th (tie) Equinox -- 36
9th Equilism -- 35
10th (tie) Texas -- 34
10th (tie) The New Inquisition -- 34
Great Britain and Ireland -- 33
Wysteria -- 29
The Kodiak Republic -- 27
Lone Wolves United -- 25
Yggdrasil -- 25
DEN Army -- 23
Absolution -- 18
Unknown -- 17
Europe -- 15
Hampshire -- 15
Liberalia -- 13
NationStates -- 13
New Folsom -- 13
Alteran Empire -- 12
DEN Central Command -- 12
Kingdom of Ireland -- 12
Sapientia -- 12
Eastern Roman Empire -- 11
Blades of Conquest -- 9
The Conservative Coalition -- 9
The Kingdom of Middle Earth -- 9
Empires of Earth -- 8
Aahz -- 6
Leviathan -- 6
Liberty Alliance -- 6
Paradisia -- 6
Australia -- 5
Catlandatopia -- 5
Fidelia -- 5
The Council of Narnia -- 5
Jethnea -- 4
The Brotherhood of Blood -- 4
Hellenic Civilization -- 3
New Sorvun -- 3
The YoungWorld -- 3
Audux* -- 3
Genesis Defense Project -- 2
Lichentia -- 2
The Black Market -- 2
Ulthar* -- 2
Land of Kings and Emperors* -- 2
Peaceian -- 1
Canterbury* -- 1
Treasure Island* -- 1
The United Kingdom* -- 1
The Heartland* -- 1
Farkistan* -- 1
Taijitu* -- 1
Antarctic Oasis* -- 1
Land of the Red Army* -- 1
New Britannian Empire* -- 1
Caprecia* -- 1
France 2* -- 1
Egeden* -- 1
Battle School* -- 1
The Last Kingdom* -- 1
Antarctica* -- 1
England* -- 1
Gothic Underground* -- 1

* indicates region not included in the original 50

Honourable Mention
Audux gained 3 of the 31 write-in selections.

Notes
-- The most important note I have to make is that 4 people entered "The Commonwealth" in the write-in box, and one person simply used the write-in box to tell me to include alliances. Alliances are NOT regions, and including them can be very messy and awkward to use. The Commonwealth is an membership-based alliance of regions, disqualifying them from region contention. However, Alteran Empire, LWU and TKoI were all included in the list, which are members of the Commonwealth, and Audux gained the most write-in votes.
-- Speaking of write-in votes, I will use the same criteria; any region with 2 or more votes will be included in the next list. Thus, Audux, Ulthar and LKE will qualify for the next survey.
-- One region did not garner a single vote and has been omitted from this list... but open further review I realized that it was a registered school class :P just a really, really large one....

FEEDERS

Region -- Votes (Top selection from 104 voters)
The East Pacific -- 28
Lazarus -- 19
The North Pacific -- 18
The West Pacific -- 16
The Rejected Realms -- 9
The South Pacific -- 8
The Pacific -- 6

Notes
-- Nothing really to note, other than one guy voted "The East Pacific" in the write-in box under Regions, whose vote I have not included in TEP's total here.

Thank you again to all those who participated, and I enjoyed doing this! :D

Cheers

Falconias
In response:
The Bruce / 12 Apr 2009 wrote:While an interesting survey, there is a definite skewing of the focus towards the invader-defender aspects of the game, with those clearly dominating the list of nations and regions. It was also clear that there was some voting irregularity towards the East Pacific. Very influential yes, but the most influential delegate and region by that kind of margin? I would say no.

There should have been more influence given to the community builders and alliance collectors of the NS World. Then there is how you are defining influence. If you're talking about the influence that a nation has over the rest of the NS World, then Quintessence of Dust has far more of that than the Bruce, outside of Wysteria. Our current delegate's influence on the former UN and the current WA has far more reaching influences, both in writing and shaping the WA, compared to my occasional diplomatic involvements. If Omigodtheykilledkenny were to be included in the new survey then it would be an oversight to omit Quintessence of Dust. In general, there was a glaring lack of emphasis on the WA and very little attention paid to nations that consistently lead in the World Census reports. While Mods are mainly an administrative construct, the way Mods are selected is by their involvement on the NS Forum. Prominent NS Forumites, who have little to do with the rest of the NS experience, should definitely be included. Some of the one vote write ins address these deficiencies and should be looked at closer.

If this was done by someone focused on feeder politics and the invader-defender wars though, it was a good start. Those mentioned were definitely the ones getting the most votes, so there is likely a need for expanding this survey further and/or better communication of the survey to those regions not featured.

Some regions have been around a very long time and remain relevant, such as: USSR, Africa, Hell, Scandinavia, Japan, Middle-East, Quebec, and Australia. You might even want to consider adding the Featured Region Followers (region), which for better or for worse is an influence in the game. Nations like Zyklon B have been for years now going to the region of ill repute of the day in the World Census/UN Reports, for top corporate billing and bad social skills.

If we're including past influential nations like Francos Spain, then we need to think about players like Vazquez (Alcatraz), Stephistan (Role Play University), Labrador (Area 51), Hunt Master (Global Treasure Hunts), Hatred (PVP Nation/Forumopolos), and the Dragon Alliance (founder of United Dragon Realms and Heaven).
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”