Deceit of Defenderism

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Deceit of Defenderism

Post by frattastan »

Deceit of Defenderism
HEM Tiberius Anumia

Original source: http://z6.|invisionfree|.com/Europeia/ind ... opic=23842 (29 Apr 2011)
As posted in the Naivetry Reference Library.

It's a cute title isn't it? I thought the alliteration was especially invigorating.

What shall this article address? Shall it analyze the military power and diplomatic strength of the defender world? Shall it try to prove to the world that the defender bloc of power is on a decline? Shall it triumph the actions of invaderism and imperialism? It shall not, for the decline of defenderism in many aspects is not occurring. There is no decline in military or diplomatic clout, rather, there is a stench of moral decay.

Now, there are many people who will stop me here. They will claim that the FRA is not the only defender institution, and that surely I am generalizing in my statements. (After, of course, the initial indignation at the notion that any defenders would dare to harbor motives less than...pure). However, the truth is that the defender world is being led by the FRA and 10,000 Islands. Those two regions are the most active defenders, most competent defenders, and certainly the most prestigious defenders. My question is at those who pose such a politically pointed assertion of independence is...why do you allow one of your leaders to be such a morally incompetent organization?

The Founderless Region Alliance is the poster child for morally bankrupt institutions. Their insistence of 'ethical duty' and doing what is 'right' can cause the more informed to cringe due to pain of hypocrisy upon impact to the eyes.

Allow me to take the world back only a few years ago. Europeia was still a budding power, and one of her precursor regions, Empires of Earth, was reaching the end of it's second heyday (last under Most Great Britannia). Under a mission to help expand it's empire and help struggling regions synonymously, MGB offered Suffolk a regional forum and constitution in exchange for becoming part of the Imperial Empire. Discussions of refounding for regional security was discussed, and the transition was proceeding with ease and competence.

This action caught the eye of the Founderless Region Alliance, who deemed this action an 'invasion' as EoE troops were in the region. Even after EoE troops departed, the FRA remained 'concerned' about the state of the region. MGB's nation remained in the region, and eventually the FRA moved in with the intent of 'securing' the region. By the time FRA rangers actually took the region, all EoE troops bar Most Great Britannia had been out of the region for over a week.

Falconias, who was Arch Chancellor at the time, would claim: "And yeah, we took the delegacy. But who exactly were we going to endorse? There were no WA natives in the region" (Falconias).

Except Falconias was lying. The mission, under Lord Bern, actually placed the FRA in control of the delegacy while there were three other native world assembly nations in the region. (Aston, Pieta, and Finlayville). Aston is still alive and active in the region to this day.

Indeed, in order to secure the delegacy, the FRA actually overthrew the incumbent delegate, Pieta, who was a native. Indeed, the 'noble' Founderless Region Alliance made a unilateral choice to remove a native delegate in favor of their own forces. During this time, both Pieta and Aston expressed dismay at the invading FRA.

Mounting and extremely convincing evidence that Empires of Earth had full permission to reside in the region by the dean of Suffolk fell on death ears by the FRA, despite fairly damning evidence against their claims of invasion: "you can do what you want, I dont want any kinda of role in the new suffolk other then to be in the place" (Aston to MGB).

"Wow. It seems my region was raped and myself ousted. Lovely" (Pieta). Was also ignored by the FRA after their invasion. Pretending to act on behalf of natives who did not want them there, they ejected MGB's nation with Lord Bern staying as delegate long after it became obvious that the region detested their illegal presence.

Only when Lord Bern bothered checking his telegrams he conceded that Aston confirmed to him that MGB was telling the truth, the FRA pulled out of Suffolk. Before this incident, when the FRA informed Empires of Earth of their extreme concern, MGB asked the Arch Chancellor for a definition of an invasion: "any attempt to install a non-native delegate without the consent of the people of Suffolk" (Falconias).

The Founderless Region Alliance invaded a region. They invaded a region that had a serious chance to retain, regain, and grow in activity. They criminalized the assistance they were getting, and finalized the fate of the region. Today Suffolk has 4 nations and is more inactive than it has ever been. Later Falconias would speak of resentment that the region agreed to be helped by Empires of Earth rather than the FRA, which means the whole affairs was probably nothing more than a politically motivated power grab.

Later, FRA officials would deny the actual events that occurred at Suffolk. Sedge would later brag: "We had a load of fun when EoE tried to invade the region Suffolk, and the FRA kicked them all out" (Sedge). Nevermind the fact that only one EoE resident remained in Suffolk, or that EoE had full permission from the natives to be there. Nevermind reality, because defenders are the ethical and moral bunch. Right?

This matter never achieved interregional attention. Mainly because of credibility issues and MGB leaving Nationstates only a few weeks later. However, it is one instance out of many that the FRA put aside their defender roots in favor of powerplay and destruction.

Later, in 2010 the FRA would strike again. This time they physically invade a founderless LKE region with the intent to control it. Violating sovereign soil, they unilaterally decided to attack a region that they were not at state of war with (seeing as they don't actually recognize official states of war as a general rule). In a rather humiliating defeat, the FRA forces were ejected by a revived founder and stability returned. This was the United Kingdom of Britain, a region that was originally founded by myself, Lucius, and Onder. How the region could get anymore naturally LKE, I do not know, nor do I know the absurd justification the FRA used to excuse their brazenly invader behavior. Again, this incident failed to achieve any level of attention.

Finally, an incident that garnered significant feeder publicity, the FRA invaded the region of Anatolia. TAO reported this debacle in the West Pacific Sun: "Using this logic, the FRA operatives gather “intel” -- mostly rumors and suspicion -- about a nation and a region and the FRA leadership decides to take pre-emptive action against the new native. This pre-emptive action comes in the form of invading the region before the suspected invader can invade the region. Once in control of the region, the new defenders of the FRA begin amassing tens of stormtroopers in to the region to build their lead invader’s Influence with the express purpose of banjecting the resident suspected of invading" (TAO). Indeed, TAO explains the policy well. The FRA had expanded their jurisdiction into 'preemptive' defending. Perhaps using a magic eight ball and a coin, the FRA is prone to invade a region to 'protect it' from the possibility of invasion. Nevermind the 'invading force' may only consist of one nation.

TAO concludes: "While in control of the region, the FRA leader banjects any nation coming into the region, even those without WA-status, unless it is someone known to support the FRA. While this type of action is called griefing by the FRA if anyone else does it, it is called defending by the FRA" (TAO). Indeed, the hypocrisy of the defender sphere had been noticed even by the far off gazes of feeder giants. The FRA has shown, time and time again, that they are more than willing to raid to further their political interests. And on the surface, they have every right to do this, but it isn't defending. It is invading.

To come out and condemn raiders -- To attack us on our ethics, our morals, and our ability to do what is right comes with high expectations. I have argued for years that invading can be done with class. It can be done ethically sound. It can be done with justice. Those who have disagreed with me are those entrenched miles within the defender counterculture, but it would seem that a great many of them have committed identical acts to the ones they grievously condemn of my doing. They may give it a different name, they may do it under a different flag, and they may undertake the action with pompous assertions of righteousness. But such assertions are merely the concealment of overreaching aspirations of power and influence that the FRA has jockeyed for, and demanded from the world since their founding.

The FRA demands of the world that an organization of their breadth and power not be judged by the traditional rubrics of common sense, but rather by a metric of their own invention. But from an Arch Chancellor who states, "Raiders benefit when good people do nothing to prevent them from raiding. Neutrality depending upon the circumstances is often permitting raiding via inaction" (Unibot). We ought to demand more than petty doublespeak and ignorance of the simple truth.

We ought to demand the truth from our world leaders. While Unibot claims that neutral regions are allowing the travesty of invasions through inaction, I claim that the defender community is allowing the travesty of deceit within the FRA through their inaction. If we are to see a return to real defending, it is up to the defender community to rebuke and chastise the offenders of their most cherished self implemented codes and creeds.

The Founderless Region Alliance is mired in greed and power. They expect the world to adapt to their definitions and their lies. No longer shall we ignore the obvious: The FRA is less of a defender institution, and much more of a self advocating power bloc. No moral code or dogma will obstruct their way forward -- at full speed.

There are those who will detest the message here, but I ask this, why do you detest? Are there facts and figures to prove me wrong? Or do you detest it because -- in your heart of hearts -- you know it's true.

I call a spade a spade. I'm an invader. Europeia is an invader region, but I don't see that much difference between the Europeian Navy and the FRA rangers. Except invaders aren't blatant hypocrites, and we don't preach what we cannot live. Global generalities that the FRA are so desperate to ingrain within the minds of small thinking citizens only work if we follow our own rules -- which the FRA has absolutely no interest in doing. So their generalities about the evil of invaderism is tosh. Their moral mandate is tosh. And their ability to stand at the defense of anyone other than their self motivated interest is -- you guessed it -- tosh.

The Founderless Region Alliance is on a moral decline -- with many miles to go -- yet the question remains: Who will stay along for the descent?
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”