TITO INVADES THE DEN

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

TITO INVADES THE DEN

Post by Manson »

Written by BoBo the Barbaric. Found on the international NS News blogspot here. Circa, December 14, 2004.
Last night I was merely region surfing when I came across the home region of The DEN. The DEN is widely known as one of the most elite invading forces, and had been occupied as far as I could tell on first glance. I did a little investigative work and found that the founder of The DEN, General Tommy Franks, was deleted for rule infractions. That explained why the region had no founder, but after some more searching I also stumbled upon the nation of Boolari--who as far as I could tell was leading an invasion against The DEN in the region. I recalled Boolari as a resident of 10000 Islands, so I took a gander at their forum. Sure enough, the Founder of 10000 Islands and the Commander of TITO, Grub, was ordering nations to attack The DEN. TITO is normally a defensive alliance, but maintains the right to attack hostile regions if the need arises. This morning Commander Grub made a statement:

Dateline - The DEN

After threatening and abusive messages, the Founder of The DEN, General Tommy Franks because the latest DEN nation to be deleted. In the vacuum of power, TITO has moved in and we now occupy The DEN.

The loss of The DEN by The DEN should come as no surprise to anyone. TITO has always held the right to attack the homeland of any region that unfairly attacks innocent regions. The loss of The DEN now marks the third region the self proclaimed "most notorious raiders in NationStates history" has suffered. DEN and DEN II are both former home regions that are currently occupied by non invaders. It's interesting that the elite DEN forces were not even able to hold there own regions. The people of the 10000 Islands are offering to help and are currently discussing names for the 4th DEN homeland. Feel free to help The DEN pick out their new name.

For those unaware, The DEN has an extremely long history of rule breaking, cheating, thuggery and just generally being bullies. The DEN get their kicks but stomping on others. As they are now being stomped on, I think of Bob Dylan's words, "How does it feel?"

How does it feel to have your homeland taken from you?

How does it feel to lose before you have a chance to retreat?

How does it feel to have to answer to a nation that is not a native?

How does it feel to be humiliated?

I can bet it doesn't feel good. I would be angry if I were in The DEN. I'd be so angry that I'd want to take back my region because no outsider has the right to tell me what to do in my homeland. Yet, this is how you make other regions feel when you attack them. The DEN had every reason to be attacked, but can you say the same of your victims? When The DEN attacks an unaware innocent region, the goal is glory. Glory for being able to create a puppet UN and either quietly move in or lie to get into a trusted position. Once people realize that they aren't there to help, but to oppress, they demand that you leave. It's a time tested cycle. When The DEN isn't stopped in the beginning phases of an attack, which we usually can't talk about, but does happen a lot, the DEN either gets deleted, the natives rise up and kick them out, defenders kick them out, or The DEN bows to pressure and leave with it's tail between it's legs in retreat.

My point in this? My point is that why don't you just leave everybody alone? Invader eventually lose every region they attack, it always happens. The only way it would ever be different is if the region is so small and dead that no one in the region would notice.

The game of NationStates is not to train you how to bother and bully people. When invaders invader it hurts people and bothers them. I know this is just a game, but it still osculates to lose the region you are in. Almost losing the 10000 Islands is how TITO really got going. We were attacked before Founders were the norm and we just had a total of 15 nations. With outside help, we barely defeated the attackers. The region that attacked us way back then is now a state of the 10000 Islands (Empire of Power.)

To the members of The DEN. While I know better, it's time to lay down your arms. Unfortunately you have been defeated. You can start a new region and pretend like it's going to be different this time, but it is not. Now is the time to realize that bullying other for your pleasure is not the way to be. It's not something you'd like to have happen to you, so why do it to others? Deep down I am sure most invaders are not bad guys and girls, but what you do, even in game form, is hurtful and bad. I ask you to turn from your ways.

I propose a new system so that invaders can still raid, yet not bother and bully innocent bystanders. I think the leaders of The DEN, Invaders and whatever other long standing active invaders should get together and form a new system. The three invader leaders would create 100 regions all starting with a number (if you wanted) So the first region would be 1 Anti Grubville, 2 Invaders, 3 The Real DEN, 4 whatever, etc. The names can be whatever you want. Now, the three Invader leaders would then get together and turn on the Delegate powers and promise to never use their Founder powers for defense in those 100 regions. From there, the invaders could band together and have a set aside real region where you'd have to really use your skills to beat other invaders and I am sure some defenders as well. The end result would be ongoing battles on a nightly basis, yet, you wouldn't be hurting innocent regions along the way. If one of the 100 regions got taken over and some people moved in and didn't like it, tough because the 100 regions are all fair game.

If you wanted, I could actually help you in the creation of this system if you desired. My goal, though, is to end the assaults on innocent regions. They don't want to be part of your game, so don't include them. If you got a complex, yet maintainable system with active nations, you could still have all the fun of raiding and the tactics involved in that, yet you wouldn't have place have innocent regions in the way.

This post was extremely long and if you got to the end, thanks for reading the whole thing. For the invader leaders, if my ideas seem workable, I would be willing to help you in its creation if you wanted. Write me and let's go from there. Losing your own region is no fun, so let's end that practice for innocent regions and make a new system.

Grub

Last night the line between at least one group of invaders and one of defenders was blurred. If TITO will accomplish their goal of preventing The DEN from doing further damage to the NS world remains to be seen. It seems that even invaders are not safe in their own homes from those who call themselves defenders--could this be karma knocking on their door?

I have requested a personal interview with Grub, and will post a followup story if he responds.

This is BoBo reporting from TITO’s victory in the DEN.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”