IRC Interview with Of crazed

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

IRC Interview with Of crazed

Post by Manson »

This is an IRC interview with Of crazed AKA Southern Bellz. It's pretty interesting and gives readers a little insight on OC/SB's raider career with DEN. Taken from the RaiderCon forum.
@Jakker
Can you give more info about General Franks?

@Ofcrazed
Well, I wasn't really close with him personally so I only have limited information. But the best way to decribe him was as a force that couldn't be ignored. Without him, DEN would probably never have transitioned to the modern era.

@Jakker
could you list some of his achievements?
I also heard he was super paranoid about defender spies :P

@Ofcrazed
I mean, his biggest was he overthrew a sitting DEN Field Marshall to start a new branch of the DEN. He also started the spirtitual ancestor to The Black Riders when he founded the pirate themed region, The Jolly Rodger, which focused on Update Raiding only.

@madjack
actually, I do have a question, whenever you're ready for it (i'll let you finish answering jakker) :P

@Ofcrazed
But it was controversial in DEN, because he poached DEN troops to start it.

@Jakker
what was the difference between that branch and the other branch?

@Koth
oh my god he was halcones before halcones was halcones

@Ofcrazed
And I can't speak much for his paranoia. I didn't serve under him. But he kept a lot of things close to the chest.
Well my understanding is he modernized the region. There is a region why his branch thrived, and the other one eventually joined him.
He did this later to the DEN Central Command when he operated DEN Army.

@Jakker
hmmm ok. ill let madjack ask his question before I ask more

@Gladio
What do you mean by he "modernized" the region ?

@Ofcrazed
The one thing I will say, is he was a total visionary. He was very creative with how he played NS.

@madjack
Do you follow duality? Your posts as SB always seemed to be coming from a different persona than posts as Of Crazed - at least, that's how they seemed to me.
(not really a raider game question but i'm curious :P)

@Ofcrazed
It's actually kind of a tough question.
I guess I play them differently, but I don't take it very seriously

* madjack nods

@Ofcrazed
Originally SB was going to be my puppet to invade TSP
so I made more of an effort to keep kept the identities more seperate

@Ofcrazed
But as I shifted away from that, I become a little more lax. I certainly don't buy into the fact that people should treat me as if I never was OC when I play as SB or anything like that

@madjack
ayes
to play on words, with SB you were just playing a different role, rather than you were entirely different people

@Ofcrazed
Yeah, I mean I still do to a degree I guess. I play Southern Bellz as a true TSPer
Everything I do, I try to do without outside bias and based on if I think it makes TSP better.

@madjack
cool. that answers my question nicely.

@Jakker
"The one thing I will say, is he was a total visionary. He was very creative with how he played NS." could you be more specific?

@Ofcrazed
I guess my last point, is the only reason why I think I can play like this is because I never take advantage of what people tell me in my 'role'

@The_Stalker
Wasn't General Franks, also known as Florence Marie? I may be mixing things up it was long ago

@Ofcrazed
Or I should say, I take what people say to me in private as private and in good faith
I hate the log dumping culture, and I think that's why I have been able to transition in and out of raiding easier than others.

@Ofcrazed
Franks was always talking about ideas he had, and often they were pretty large scale ideas. He took part in politics a lot more than most raiders, and often would create puppets and actually play them with the focus to try to expand his sphere of influence.
If you saw how long his RMB posts used to be, and what he talked about.
You wouldn't ask those questions.
:P

@Ofcrazed
And I like TSP a lot, it was a region that was very, very kind to me when it had no reason to be.

@Jakker
so Powell founded DEN and Franks founded another branch that eventually became the new DEN?

@Ofcrazed
I mean, franks puppet was litterally called
The New DEN
lol

@Jakker
"I was involved in a DEN capture of Lazarus under the command of DEN General Illuminated Ones, and was a leader in the command team that captured The Rejected Realms as Field Marshall."
can you talk about those operations, OC?

@The_Stalker
Maybe it was Powell that was also know as Florence Marie, FM was one of the main DEN people
If anyone knows what i'm talkin about :P

@Ofcrazed
Well, The Lazarus Raid was very interest, I was REALLY new to raiding.
I didn't quite understand it, I think I came in as an endorsement after the fact even

@Ofcrazed
But yes, it was actually an operation rain by DEN General IO
because the FM was mostly inactive due to being an RLA spy :P
But also, Laz really wasn't the status it was today.
The Rejected Realms raid was incredible, and one of my favorite moments in NS.

@Ofcrazed
DEN was very close to The Lexicon, which was the first ultra UCR
and eventually led to Taijitu.

@Ofcrazed
So some members of Taijitu at the time were kinda frustrated, because they really wanted to impact NS.
So we got to talking, and we came up with the plan with myself, Meri the Taijitu Delegate and a few others.
That the DEN would put puppets on the Taijitu delegate, and then the delegate would eject all of his endoresements and move to TRR before update
I mean 90% of the endorsements were Taijitu citizens, but I am pretty sure this was the first time anything like this happened.
And NS went crazy, Grub had this HUGE rant seconds after update just blasting Taijitu for allowing the DEN to get our hands on TRR
It was so great. I wish you guys all could have seen it live at update.

@Ofcrazed
but that is how Elu wound up in the UDL
he was really pissed about that

@Jakker
yeah I heard Taijtu was raider friendly at first

@Ofcrazed
Well the Lexicon was really raider friendly because it was founded by Insane Power and Co
and Taijitu was basically founded on a falling out.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”