The NPO's Retort

The Great Library of The Rejected Realms.

Moderators: Giangsang, Manson, Delegate

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

The NPO's Retort

Post by Manson »

Written by A mean old man. Posted on the Gameplay forums here on September 16, 2013.
THE NPO'S RETORT: a release of formerly classified information and related commentary; compiled and written by NPO Senator and current Delegate of the Confederated States of The East Pacific, "A mean old man."

Some of the logs presented in this release have been formatted for easier reading (or to remove real-life names from conversations). None of the content presented in this release has been edited. Those it attacks will tell you otherwise.

Those it attacks are liars. I am not a liar.

FOREWORD (A NOTE FROM THE WRITER):

Well. The past six months have been just ... horrible, to say the least. I've been one of the many people working to mop up the terrible mess left by the events in March/April/May (such as Gaspo's despicable schemes and horrific foreign policy and Milograd's pointless coup in TSP) and considering the fact that I'm delegate of The East Pacific and have an entirely separate set of responsibilities to attend to there, this has been a workload I was neither prepared for nor happy to accept. I have accepted it, however, and have been trying my best to fix what quickly became deep-seated problems in the GCR dynamic; however, people seem to be emerging from the woodwork one by one to stand in the way of progress.

This is not, however, due to the fact that NPO & Friends™ have done anything especially wrong since ousting Gaspo - in fact, we've been almost completely transparent about our policy and connections, which isn't something I see very often from many of the groups I interact with in NS these days (I say "almost" because we've obviously had to do our fair share of sneaking around to acquire some of the things I'm about to post for the world to see). Yes, Karpathos has been known to run his mouth now and again, but that's hardly something to crucify the NPO over and I have more to say about that later. No, what we are currently experiencing is not the spontaneous, arbitrary opposition that the NPO is used to: there is a pattern to a lot of the counterproductive behavior we're encountering right now. I noticed it early on and have had my suspicions but could only speculate for that time.

For the last several months the NPO and its friends have been hounded across the NS forums by a group of people tied together by a web of organizations, events, and intentions. Only now and after months of hard work and careful observation has the full story tied together, and I don't plan to waste any more time preparing it for the public eye or waiting to act against the people who have grievously wronged me and my friends and colleagues. If you thought you could assault us repeatedly for months without fear of backlash, you thought wrong. Some people would have balked and cracked under such pressure; however, the devoted members of the NPO are only energized when faced with adversity.

Before I begin I would like to thank Milograd for his contribution to this. You fucked up hard in TSP, pal, but you've committed to the necessary "community service" required of you to rebuild your reputation (rather than adopt the old "quit"-and-rename strategy that I personally detest) and I expect further devotion to this when you (hopefully) return to NS in the future.

Alright. No more rambling. Let's begin with a premise.

INTRODUCTION AND PREMISE:

I was inclined to ignore much of the petty politics going on these days, but it seems I've been dragged into it on such a high level that I can no longer pretend it doesn't exist. Lately there's been an amount of NPO bashing that I can no longer sit aside and accept as the price we pay for being securely in control of TP and for being united as a group in a game that seems to have turned into a playground for narcissistic individuals who play underhanded social games in NS to fuel their personal power trips.

The unceasing attacks on the NPO's strength and integrity and on its reputation in general these days are stemming from those involved in the "imperialist" group (or "Ondersphere," as it is sometimes called, due to Onder of LKE being an eminent and central social figure within it), which contains individuals from The New Inquisition, the Land of Kings and Emperors, Europeia, and, on a lesser scale, members of Albion and new sinkers Osiris and Balder. Many of the individuals making the PR attacks are "cosmopolitan" in nature and are involved in the governments of many or all of the regions previously named. In fact, those leading these attacks on the NPO tend to have citizenship in most or all of the aforementioned regions. Some of the individuals spearheading these attacks are Cerian Quilor (Commander of UIAF's TNI division, former president and presiding Minister of Foreign Affairs in Europeia, founder and "king" of Kantrias), North East Somerset (Intelligence Director for TNI/LKE/Europeia/Albion, "Vizier of External Strategy" in Osiris [a position gifted to him after the Gatesville coup ended], and Minister of Security in Balder), UIAF member "Captain Apollo," and Europeian delegate SkyDip.

Those not readily associated with the Ondersphere but also making public attacks on the character of the New Pacific Order are Delegate Astarial of Osiris, former Europeian president/current Balder delegate Rachel Anumia, Belschaft, Cormac Stark, "The North Polish Union" (whose main/WA identity remains unknown), and Balder military commander and Osiris "Pesedjet" member and forum administrator Mad Jack/St. George (not a Europeian citizen anymore; apologies for the error). and others who seem to have glommed onto the hate train and are following the examples set by those who they hail as political leaders.

Let us begin with the "Ondersphere." The cold war between the NPO and members of the Ondersphere appears to have been planned by members of the Ondersphere long before it began. The following is a log of a conversation between Unibot and North East Somerset from October 3rd, 2012 (points of interest are bolded):
logs
Note that the previously displayed opinions do not reflect any formal sentiments of the NPO but are purely the inferred conclusions of NES, who states in the log that TNI has an interest in "hold[ing]" sinker regions Balder and Lazarus. NES also claims, towards the end of the following disgustingly obsequious display, that he and some of his cronies consciously pushed UDL members out of Balder (which, while I do not believe that this was the only reason he and other Ondersphere members moved into the region, is most definitely a true statement on its own):
logs

Please note again that, once again, NES's unbelievable number of attempts to put words in Krulltopia's mouth do not represent the positions or tendencies of the NPO.

The following is a list of events relevant to the current situation existing between the NPO and the characters from this undeniably extant yet poorly defined (a characteristic which gives this social circle a lot of free range as a political group) area of the game.

NAZI EUROPE:

Though there was obviously tension (of which the NPO was not previously aware) between the two groups for some time, there has not been conflict until recently. The catalytic event which led to the hostility we are witnessing today was most certainly the botched NAZI EUROPE invasion, of which neither of the two groups has made public comments on until now. Senator Karpathos had been planning to take NAZI EUROPE for quite some time before it came down to the wire in June (we had an intelligence connection monitoring the absences of the region's delegate). We had approximately 25 to 30 NPO updaters ready for the event, a number that few to no other regions or organizations were able to come up with at the time. A number of groups were included alongside the NPO and the victory was pretty much sealed, assuming the mission was carried out with little to no error. However, Karpathos made the mistake of discretely inviting Astarial and Charles Cerebella to join; word then spread through the "imperialist" social circle and made its way to Jakker of The Black Hawks (it is now known that Asta herself passed the word on to TBH).

The Black Hawks then notified the NPO that they too were planning to attack NAZI EUROPE on the same night at the same time. There is little doubt in my mind that this was coincidental. The NPO, while agitated by the attempt by TBH to be the originators of the idea rather than join the NPO's operation as an associated force, agreed to make the operation a joint effort to further insure its success. Asta was designated as trigger(wo)man and the wait began.

When it came time to assemble for the invasion, TBH had made a number of decisions on which the NPO was not consulted and went so far as to reassign one of the Pacifican Expeditionary Forces' leads (they replaced Aleisyr with Avakael). A large number of TBH leads were assigned and PEF forces were ordered by Jakker to endorse all of these TBH members. When confronted regarding their defiant and questionable decisions, Jakker and Asta avoided addressing the issues. In response to this obvious decision to muscle their way into the mission and then take over, Karpathos and I ordered EPSA and PEF members to withdraw their endorsements from the TBH/imperialist leads. The resulting reaction from Asta and Jakker was explosive. I was the first to withdraw EPSA's endorsements and Asta fiercely accused me (and later Karpathos, the mission's creator) of attempting to sabotage the invasion. TBH leadership stated that if the NPO had an issue with TBH's organization of the mission, that it should be discussed after the mission was completed. No thank you; we don't work like that and we don't bend over for people who are trying to fuck us.

When the time came to jump, TBH leadership gave the command without pinging the room and continued to argue with PEF lead Karpathos in multiple channels outside of the group chat, (intentionally?) distracting him and causing him to jump into NAZI EUROPE approximately 30 seconds late. TBH leadership immediately threw the blame for the mission's failure on PEF lead Karpathos.

We suspect, based on the way that TBH pushed its way into a commanding position after the NPO had done all of the prep work for the invasion, based on their decision to install so many of their own leads during the attack (which they claim was for insuring the success of the mission - a statement I would have been more inclined to believe had they not already acted in a menacing fashion), based on what seemed like a deliberate sabotage on their part of the jump command, and based on the attitude of TBH's leadership throughout the entirety of the mission, that TBH might have attempted to steal the lead from Karpathos after moving into NE, assuming the mission had continued and not been botched by those heading it. We also believe that the jump command was deliberately botched by those who gave it.

After the operation, NPO heard by word of mouth that TBH leadership and associated individuals (Asta and NES specifically) were spreading deprecating remarks on Karpathos's character and about myself via private messages. To this day people from their sphere continue reference this mission as a NPO failure in public.

We also learned that Cerian Quilor accidentally leaked the mission to the FRA by IRC querying Karputsk instead of Karpathos (see "THE EUROPEIAN SUCKER PUNCH").

Now you know how it happened. Come to your own conclusions.

GATESVILLE AND THE "UNITED IMPERIAL ARMED FORCES" (UIAF) IN OSIRIS:

The already extant tension between the NPO and players from this social sphere heightened during the Osiris incident. For those that don't know the backstory: The Dourian Embassy lost the election in Osiris and, after a temper tantrum, handed control of his nation (which had already been delegate of the region for some time) to "queen" Nevadar of Gatesville. Nevadar traded the nation back and forth between other members of the Gatesville inner circle for a time and eventually handed it to JAL, whose scripts and expertise as a GCR usurper allowed him to hold the region for approximately a month afterwards.

During this time, UIAF, headed by NES, moved into Osiris and endorsed the usurper delegate. It was a (deliberately, in my opinion) poorly kept rumor that the army was there supposedly to gain influence then turn on the usurper, although the latter never actually happened.

In Lazarus, a motion was started to use the PSSP (Pan-Sinker Security Pact) against them. The PSSP was subsequently dissolved. I've heard Karp's opinion and I've heard Rachel's opinion. I'm inclined to believe both stories: that legitimate Balder/Osiris locals had no faith in the Pact and had been discussing dismissing it for some time beforehand and that "imperialist" plants within both regions wanted to dissolve the PSSP to protect their ilk around the sinkers, a group of regions in which they have established a considerable presence that they do not want challenged. I do not currently possess any information to confirm my suspicions on the PSSP's demise, however, so this is purely speculation. Food for thought. Anyway, continuing...

Much of us suspected that UIAF was in Osiris to play both sides, and this was indeed the case, as illustrated by this log procured by ex-Senator Milograd from a conversation with UIAF Lt. Colonel and TWP commander Archsium (AKA Cassius Cerebella; points of interest are bolded):
logs
The following, also provided by Milograd, is an IRC log of a conversation with usurper delegate JAL. The facts given in the previous log are simply reinforced by this discussion.
logs
These logs are hard evidence of a power play by UIAF in Osiris and shows not only that they acted the way they did to secure a dominant position within the region but that they even went so far as to willingly share technology (influence equations) with usurper delegate JAL to enable him to extend his reign. As I said to Charles Cerebella before I knew for certain that he had been in touch with Cormac Stark the entire time:
[7/21/2013 1:26:22 PM] AMOM: Here's my comment
[7/21/2013 1:26:27 PM] AMOM: The most you could do to "help"
[7/21/2013 1:26:29 PM] AMOM: is to get out.
...but, as we know, UIAF chose to play double agent even through the resolution of the conflict. Insult was added to injury as their crimes were hailed as acts of heroism by former (and now failed) Osiris delegate Cormac Stark (who gets his own special place in this release for his own backhanded, subservient, and self-centered behavior throughout all of this), who caved in to his "deal" with Gatesville rather than end the struggle with a true victory against the oppressors (which could have been done and would have forced UIAF to pick a side before the conflict's resolution). Although Cormac backpedaled on his (insincere, I certainly hope) intentions to uphold the deal I still frown upon the solution. The very fact that Cormac and by extension the government of Osiris completed negotiations with the Gatesville terrorists to make them willingly yield is unto itself a sort of victory for Gatesville.

This next section is a continuation of the Osiris story but is centered around former delegate Cormac Stark.

CORMAC:

It's very obvious now that all of our suspicions have been spot-on when it comes to Cormac. He was TNI's fool throughout all of the Osiris incident. He privately regretted involving them in the efforts to end the coup and yet continued to be their stooge afterwards, even until now (we'll see how his tune changes after reading the logs provided to us by Milograd). I should never have been so reasonable with him when I invited him to TP's forum to discuss Karpathos's behavior and even my own attitude with the Senate.

In fact, Cormac had the gall to come to our forum and threaten the entire Senate with blackmail when he had a personal issue with former Senator Karpathos:
[7:07pm] Cormac: At least I have the balls to threaten you to your face.
[7:08pm] Karpathos: Anything I haven't said to you already?
[7:09pm] Cormac: If you release those logs, Karpathos, there's no telling what logs might come out. Just on my end I have the Lazarus logs, which while Feux might find them hilarious, Krulltopia - who is also in them, saying if they coup Lazarus to make sure he can claim ignorance - likely won't find them as funny.
[7:10pm] Cormac: I also have logs of AMOM talking about how he's thinking about leaving TEP because he's unhappy with their treaty with the UDL.
[7:10pm] Karpathos: so?
[7:10pm] Cormac: And that's just that I know of, I haven't gone back through all of my NPO logs.
[7:10pm] Karpathos: Like I said on GP, they're dated
[7:10pm] Cormac: And that's also just me. Care to consider how many logs people better than intelligence than I am have?
[7:10pm] Cormac: Those Lazarus logs are never outdated, believe me.
[7:12pm] Cormac: Mind you, I don't have any desire to post any logs of any kind. I already said what I wanted in the message I sent to Krull and copied to you and AMOM. But if I, and Osiris, are going to continue to be treated like an enemy, we can be an enemy. And you will not like it.
As you probably know, Cormac posted these logs fairly recently in a random attack on current members of the NPO leadership. They proved to be rather unimpressive.

...so I will reiterate. We went in with everything we had to save your sorry ass, Cormac, and you repaid us all not by claiming a victory for your GCR and then empowering its local and loyal community, but by being an underhanded sell-out who gifted a government position to one of the people who fucked you over. You misused the power invested in you by Osiris and you betrayed the entirely good intentions of your real allies.

Oh, and as a side note, you betrayed the NPO. Your admission was yet another mistake of the Gaspo era. You witnessed his corruption and, rather than stick it out and fight it like a true NPO member would, you took (worthless) logs from conversations with him to use against us later and left. You are a noncontributing snake and I am glad to see you leave.

THE EUROPEIAN SUCKER PUNCH:

The NPO's PR was further attacked and insulted by Cerian Quilor and much of the Europeian government with the creation of this thread, during which Cerian Quilor cast aspersions on the NPO after slyly coming to Karpathos privately as a reasonable, friendly face. Those who proceeded to pile the melodramatic attempt to damage Pacifican PR were "The North Polish Union" and "Skizzy Grey."

The following quotes are cut from Quilor's conversation with Karpathos before the posting of this thread:
logs
Other Europeians "r3naissanc3r," Mad Jack (also located in Osiris), and SkyDip have been vehemently opposing the NPO lately. You wrote my commendation, SkyDip. We were once quite friendly. I'm sad to see that you became my enemy when my back was turned, but I won't hesitate to fight you.

It would only be sportsmanlike for us to punch back. The next log was handed to Karpathos by Europeian delegate SkyDip while said individual was attempting to troll or fish for information from the NPO Senator. Honestly, you people grievously underestimate Karp.
log
There are only implications to be pulled from it, but the implications are obvious: Euro was looking into supporting Milograd's coup in TSP on the down-low. I believe I have conclusive logs for this though they're buried somewhere; we'll have to do a bit more digging, but I'm sure something will turn up. Consider this a teaser and stay tuned.

Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Re: The NPO's Retort CONTINUED

Post by Manson »

CONDEMN THE NEW INQUISITION:

Condemn TNI was a litmus test prepared by Karpathos and some unnamed affiliates which was created independently of the New Pacific Order (though I personally was aware of the fact that it was being created and chose to ignore it and wait to see the finished result). The writers knew it would fail. In retrospect, however, I should have played an overseeing role in its creation and promotion; it needed to be stronger to draw the Ondersphere vote piler puppets out of the woodwork in the GCRs they inhabit (one of the actions we were hoping to see during the voting) and inflammatory, inappropriate clauses such as the "satellite region Balder" clause should have been removed.

A small handful of GCR delegates are rumored to have accepted stamps as bribes to insure their votes against the condemnation. This remains a rumor, however. If anyone has any conclusive evidence that could prove or disprove this theory they are strongly encouraged to come forward.

BALDER:

The following is not a release of formerly classified intelligence but my own personal comments on public information.

I respect the attempts of delegate Rachel (Solorni) to distance herself from this group and adopt an individualist approach to building the region. I have been frustrated with her general aggressiveness towards the NPO lately but she tells me this was in direct retaliation to Karpathos's aggressiveness and to the insult made in TNI's failed condemnation. If this is the case then her frustration is perfectly understandable.

As for the aforementioned "insult:" I would not go so far as to call Balder a "satellite" of TNI. I do believe, however, that there is a level of Ondersphere corruption extant within its government. Conspirators NES and r3naissanc3r (mentioned earlier in this release) have been made forum administrators there. NES retains his position as Minister of Security. Charles Cerebella of UIAF retains citizenship and influences the WA voting of the delegate (particularly on SC resolutions that interest him), as does UIAF member Captain Apollo, aforementioned citizens NES and r3n, as well as a number of unidentifiable personas whose WA nations are not specified. I will also note that the vast majority of participants in the government have no World Assembly nation within Balder itself and participate very heavily in foreign militaries, although sport a regionalist attitude when talking about Balder as if it their one true home (among many others...).

Not all of you who fit the first half of that description tote along the obnoxious, pseudo-regionalist attitude, but for those of you who do: please, if you're going to talk the talk, walk the walk. Or go the "cosmopolitan" route and at least be honest about your pan-regional identity crisis ... or your power-hoarding agenda. Whatever the dilemma may be.

That is my comment on Balder.

OSIRIS:

My current comments on Osiris will be sparse until I see how Astarial's "coup" pans out. That being said, I have a number of observations to make on this region, which has been the focus of attention for the last few months now. Asta has been of questionable character. Biyah hounded Zaolat out of the region for what I've come to understand was a personal issue. NES, of course, is a traitor and a criminal. I'm curious as to how those not directly backed by UIAF and the Ondersphere will carry themselves in the days to come.

If the populace of Osiris truly supports this change of pace, I will not argue with it. I'm curious as to how the region will respond to the release of some of this information, though. This change in the region's style of governance could be a new "August Revolution" ... or the birth of a new "Empire."

We shall see.

THE CHALLENGE:

NES was recently gloating to Karpathos in a private chat about how the NPO couldn't win a PR war with TNI and its pals. I accept your challenge, NES. From now on, you'll not be strategically trolling Karpathos in attempts to get him to run his mouth and playing from the shadows (ironically, some of your ilk have fed Karpathos useful information while trying to do this). No, this is out of your comfort zone now. You will be forced into the spotlight on the tip of my spear, answering to my calculated accusations, floundering while your misdeeds and missteps are thrown onto the table for everyone to see. Let's find out if you pale when challenged openly, directly, and with a force you neither expected nor prepared for. If you nervously waned during this conversation which occurred after The Dourian Embassy was thrown out of Osiris (pasted below), I can't imagine how you'll be able to deal with what I'm doing here and what is about to happen.
logs
As I speak, NPO Senator and Lazarus Delegate Feux is enacting his retaliation against you and the UIAF for your crimes. Queen Viktoria of TNI (AKA "Griffin Somerset" in Lazarus) has long been planted in that region and has, for the past year, been using her large influence level and high endorsement count to threaten Feux's position while being backed by Ondersphere "imperialists" like NES and Charles Cerebella.

She will not be present there for much longer. Neither will NES or any other UIAF stooge. Your hours are limited.

Those of you who stand with us, those of you who sympathize with the cause of legitimate, local, fair, and free governance of your regions, make your voices heard. Renounce any ties you may hold to these scheming, power-hoarding usurpers and stand by those who believe that an abuse of the power and trust invested in you is a betrayal that should never go unpunished. Purge your regions of the Userite menace which festers within them.

Stand by the "imperialists," align yourself with their goals, their treachery, their treason, their shifty politics, and you will henceforth be our enemy. With that irreversible status comes our unyielding wrath.

CONCLUSION:

In truth, I would not call the members of the Ondersphere "imperialists," hence my usage of quotation marks throughout this release. A true imperialist has no need for the moral higher ground or for social connections within governments to give them pull. A true imperialist has simply the will and numbers to achieve what he wants: he moves in, he takes over by force, he reforms the government in the image of his own, and he subjugates those he has conquered. These "Ondersphere" players do not follow this archetype; they slither into GCRs as citizens of the upstanding government, they push their opinions on others in private conversations to bend them to their will, they establish (flimsy, as evidenced by the many petty spats between them) social circles that revolve around gaining influence in specific areas and pushing out other people that they view as threats to their supremacy, and they gather meaningless titles of nobility that give them the illusion of some form of executive authority.

The exception to this and the only true power the Ondersphere wields is the UIAF, which could be considered an imperialist army if it was ever truly used to that end and not simply an extension of the group's political machine. Another exception is that of Viktoria in Lazarus, but that will be erased soon enough. No, these people are not imperialists. They are infiltrators.

Those who have worked with closely members of the NPO know that we exercise a level of professionalism and discretion that far exceeds anything this group of weaseling, backstabbing, two-faced politicians understands. To our cause and to the regions we choose to inhabit we maintain a level of loyalty so genuine that it is beyond the conception of groveling, power-hoarding socialites like North East Somerset. You very clearly regard us as enemies; stop hiding behind ambiguous conversation and passive-aggressive PR tactics. If you want a war with the NPO and its allies, declare war on the NPO. If you want polarization in the GCRs, get loud and show us which regions you've sunk your claws into so that we may disregard them as corrupted and call for the revolution of the true Feederites within them.

We're through playing your petty social games. The NPO has no patience or appetite for bullshit. You are a friend, you are an enemy, or are you are unconnected. You cannot pretend to be more than one of those things.

I don't hope to play this game for a hell of a lot longer, but I also don't plan on seeing these cocky, entitled meddlers take over the areas I worked hard to help establish. Do the right thing: run them out on a rail.
~ AMOM o/
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.

Return to “The Library of Spurned Knowledge”