Delegates of TRR

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Giangsang, Delegate

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Delegates of TRR

Post by Manson »

The Constantly Changing, List of TRR's Delegates

Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Relfa
Nation: Relfa/Relfinin
Discord: Relfa#1581

Delegates of TRR

Post by Relfa »

I started searching for some dates and started this.

Native delegates of The Rejected Realms and their terms
  1. Gres
    Was not elected
    May 28, 2003 - June 9, 2003 (12 days)

Originally a member of the Atlantic Alliance - a renowned imperialist region - sent to capture the RR, he deserted and founded the Rejected Realms Army, hoping to estabilish a powerful invading force which would group all nations that wanted revenge against those delegates who had banned them.
    Very soon he set out to conquer the East Pacific, but he was ejected from the UN for multiing at the end of a large but poorly-executed invasion.
    After these events he was marginalised in favour of his lieutenants, Kandarin and Siggi, and his role in the region declined, even if he continued to be a member of the RR community for several more months.
  2. Kandarin
    Was not elected
    June 18, 2003 - October 3, 2010 (2665 days)
  3. Kandarin (Naivetry)
    Elect: January 18, 2011 - August 13, 2011 (208 days)
    Effective: October 3, 2010 - August 13, 2011 (314 days)
  4. Sedgistan
    Elect: August 8, 2011 - November 21, 2011 (106 days)
    Effective: August 13, 2011 - November 22, 2011 (101 days)

Despite his contributions and his time spent as a member of TRR's community, he is perhaps better known as a Defender, for his time in the Founderless Regions Alliance, and as a Moderator. Although his time in NationStates was not devoid of controversy, his work as a NationStates player and moderator earned him the respect of much of the community, both in The Rejected Realms and abroad.
    He became a Moderator in 2010 and serving for seven years, until his retirement from NationStates, and becoming one of the better known and most respected Moderators in the gameplay community, having brought better insight and greater attention to many Gameplay-related issues.
    As a member of The Rejected Realms he stood out as an important political figure in the year following Kandarin's resignation, eventually being elected as Delegate. Following his service as Officer and Delegate, he served for several more years as a level-headed forum administrator and advisor.
    - NEEDS EDITION
  5. Guy
    Elect: November 21, 2011 - January 19, 2012 (60 days)
    Effective: November 22, 2011 - January 25, 2012 (64 days)
  6. Collector of Souls (Whamabama)
    Elect: January 19, 2012 - March 30, 2013 (437 days)
    Effective: January 25, 2012 - April 5, 2013 (434 days)

There was a slowdown in internal activity, especially in comparison to Naivetry and Sedge's terms.
    We re-estabilished relations with TSP (embassies had been closed after Sedge/Devonitians' coup).
    We tried a number of more 'independent' ventures, such as attending an anti-Nazi conference, and discussing membership in the Sovereign Confederation (a short-lived interregional organisation formed by The Pacific, Gatesville and Equilism) - however the former wasn't embraced with the same enthusiasm as the other GCRs did, and the latter was rejected by the Assembly.
    Kogvuron also estabilished The Rejected Times in its current form during Wham's term. Earlier there had been similar publications, but they happened on an irregular basis and the style and format was different. I don't know how much the Delegate is to credit for it, but the timeframe is that.
    - NEEDS EDITION
  7. Frattastan II
    Elect: March 30, 2013 - April 29, 2014 (396 days)
    Effective: April 5, 2013 - May 9, 2014 (399 days)
  8. Unibot III
    Elect: April 29, 2014 - June 16, 2015 (414 days)
    Effective: May 9, 2014 - June 25, 2015 (411 days)

Prior to becoming delegate, Unibot was a defender and a prolific WA Author - he founded the United Defenders League (UDL), served as Balder's very first delegate, and pioneered the Security Council in its early days (splitting the WA into two was his idea - "the Unibot model" - and the GA/SA flags are his design.) Building on Frattastan's work as delegate, he oversaw a revitalization of the region with a focus on community, culture, and its core identity. "Uni" ran monthly cultural events, edited the Rejected Times, and introduced the region to Rejectmas. He also forged TRR's longstanding alliance with the South Pacific and directed a round of constitutional reform in which he wrote the region's first and only Charter of Rights. Principally responsible for region's use (or overuse) of purple, Unibot also built the region's first in-game guides and updated the forum's skin to establish a brave new "look" for the region. He still sips his morning coffee(s) in his TRR mug and loves y'all. - NEEDS EDITION
  9. Guy
    Elect: June 16, 2015 - December 1, 2015 (169 days)
    Effective: June 25, 2015 - December 24, 2015 (181 days)
  10. Libetarian Republics
    Elect: December 1, 2015 - February 6, 2017 (434 days)
    Effective: December 24, 2015 - March 5, 2017 (436 days)

After a controversial election caused by divergences on how votes should be counted, Libetarian Republics became the tenth native delegate of The Rejected Realms. TRR was ravaged with controversy during the election because LR didn't have a sufficient number of seconds to be placed on the ballot. Besides from that, a lot of things happened in the region's foreign affairs in his term, including, signing a treaty with Spiritus and updating an existing one with Lazarus. However, a negative event that occurred was the abolishment of the Non-Agression Pact between The Rejected Realms and The Pacific. This happened because of LR's decision to vote against on a Security Council proposal to repeal the condemnation of The Pacific. Libetarian Republics also attended a conference led by CAIN, The Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism, but did not ratify the treaty. LR also beat Unibot's record of the highest number of WA endorsements at the time, becoming the most endorsed delegate in TRR's history until then.

He was also responsible for introducing The Rejected Realms to Discord. However, in LR's WA delegacy, the region saw low activity. Also, the turnover of officers was very high, which harmed their efficiency throughout the year. During his delegacy, DEN, one of the biggest invader regions of NationStates, attempted to invade The Rejected Realms. But, Libetarian Republics successfully defended the region from invasion with more than 200 endorsements. Furthermore, LR's term was not very fruitful,
    and did lack activity.
  11. The Church of Satan
    Elect: February 6, 2017 - December 11, 2017 (309 days)
    Effective: March 5, 2017 - December 19, 2017 (288 days)

The Church of Satan was elected delegate after years of service to The Rejected Realms as an officer. The region had entered a period of low activity by then so it was his responsibility to restore activity during one of the region's slower times. Unfortunately however, it was a regrettable time to be delegate. Lazarus had been couped by Lone Wolves United who would not reveal themselves as the ruling party for over a year. The Church of Satan had the unfortunate responsibility of overseeing the end of The Rejected Realms longest alliance. Supporting our allies to the very end he issued an official statement condemning the actions of Lazarus' traitors and closed embassies with them. It may be a long time before the legitimate government of Lazarus is restored. In the meantime he secured an agreement with the feeder regions to allow The Rejected Realms to recruit from them. - NEEDS EDITION
  12. Catalyse
    Elect: December 11, 2017 - May 31, 2018 (171 days)
    Effective: December 19, 2017 - Present

Unrecognized delegates of The Rejected Realms and their terms
  1. Sagar
    ? - May 4, 2003 (Unknow)
  2. Louldamin
    May 4, 2003 (1 day)
  3. Dogwhores
    May 5, 2003 (1 day)
  4. Louldamin
    May 6, 2003 - May 28, 2003 (23 days)
  5. Lovisa
    May 29, 2003 (1 day)
  6. Mr Nonchalant
    June 9, 2003 - June 18, 2003 (10 days)
  7. The Holy Manatee
    June 18, 2003 (12 hours)
  8. Jennivier
    October 6, 2003 - October 7, 2003 (1 day)
  9. Red Kagran
    July 21, 2007 - July 22, 2007 (1 day)
  10. Emperor Matthuis
    October 27, 2007 - October 28, 2007 (1 day)
  11. Aegara
    April 5, 2010 (12 hours)

Aegara was a Delegate of Grand Central. He went rogue and ejected all the nations that were endorsing him, before moving to TRR himself. Since he had more endorsements than Kandarin, he could replace him as Delegate. With defenders piling in to support Kandarin, and endorsers of Aegara moving back to GC or being recruited to other regions, Kandy regained the seat after a single update.
  12. Oud-Heverlee Leuven (Onderkelkia)
    February 2, 2012 (12 hours)

Oud-Heverlee Leuven was a puppet nation of OnderKelkia, at the time Commander of The New Inquisition Armed Forces. TNI, along with other raider militaries was occupying Belgium; since Oud-Heverlee Leuven happened to have more endorsements than Collector of Souls (who had just been elected), they took the chance to invade us.

Work in Progress.
Relfa
Relfa

Delegates of TRR

Post by Relfa »

I think it's interest to find what what they have done. But I'm just collecting dates for now.
Relfa
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Delegates of TRR

Post by frattastan »

Aegara was the Delegate of Grand Central.
He went rogue and ejected all the nations that were endorsing him, before moving to TRR himself. Since he had more endorsements than Kandarin, he could replace him as Delegate. With defenders piling in to support Kandarin, and endorsers of Aegara moving back to GC or being recruited to other regions, Kandy regained the seat after a single update (twelve hours).

"Ejection raids" of this type had already happened twice, in both cases in 2007, with Red Kagran (Delegate of Taijitu) and Emperor Matthuis (Delegate of The North Pacific).

Oud-Heverlee Leuven is the fourth and last instance of that.
It was a puppet nation of OnderKelkia, at the time Commander of The New Inquisition Armed Forces. TNI, along with other raider militaries was occupying Belgium; since Oud-Heverlee Leuven happened to have more endorsements than Collector of Souls (who had just been elected), they took the chance to invade us.

In all four cases the invasion lasted for a single update (in 2007 this was twenty-four hours; in 2010 and 2012, twelve).
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Relfa

Delegates of TRR

Post by Relfa »

Wait so, Red Kagran and Emperor Matthuis were also in The Rejected Realms? Or were they in Taijitu and TNP, respectively?
Relfa
frattastan

Delegates of TRR

Post by frattastan »

They were delegates in Taijitu and The North Pacific, respectively. They went rogue and ejected all their endorsements from their region, and then moved to The Rejected Realms.

This tactic allowed them to invade TRR - since they managed to transfer all the endorsements they had in their home regions (hundreds - more than Kandarin had) here.

Similarly, Aegara was delegate of Grand Central, and Oud-Heverlee Leuven was at the head of an occupation force from TNI in Belgium.
The dates for Emperor Matthuis's delegacy should be October 24-25, 2007 (1 day).

Since they were invaders I think it'd be best to list a single Delegacy for Kandarin, and then mention the various interruptions?
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Relfa

Delegates of TRR

Post by Relfa »

Sure! Do you have the date of Red Kagran?
Relfa
Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Delegates of TRR

Post by Catalyse »

I think it's worth making a distinction between the constitutionally (?) recognized delegates and the delegates during occupations ( along with the ones that preceded Kandarin, since that probably becomes pretty muddled ). But that's for later.

Great work so far though, Relfa.
Formerly former things.
frattastan

Delegates of TRR

Post by frattastan »

Looking again, Emperor Matthuis should be October 27-28, 2007.

I'm not certain about RK, but it could be July 21-22, 2007.
http://s8.zetaboards.com/The_RR_and_RRA/topic/503763/
Manson

Delegates of TRR

Post by Manson »

Sagar

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Delegates of TRR

Post by Nequedum »

I believe there's also a list already, including dates, of the more recent Delegates and their Officers. Cat sent me the link, but I can't seem to find it again. I'll ask her to put it in this chat just so we have it here?
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Delegates of TRR

Post by Nequedum »

Oh I was talking about this one, but I did a dumb because it only shows Officers. It may be somewhat useful though, because it has 'retired to become Delegate' for some of the Officers listed.
frattastan

Delegates of TRR

Post by frattastan »

Kandarin's reign started much earlier than 2007, by the way.
The History page is a relatively new feature, so it doesn't record it.

He became Delegate as early as June 2003 (sometime after the RRA invasion attempt of TEP, on June 8), even if his term was broken very briefly in various instances:
  • in the first month or so due to the presence of forces from the Atlantic Alliance that were wrestling with the RRA (founded by Gres, himself an AA agent who had gone rogue) for the control of the region;
  • one case where an endoswapper named Jennivier became delegate;
  • one case when a server glitch made "Orack", a nation loyal to the region of The YoungWorld, delegate;
  • the Red Kagran, EM, and Aegara raids that we mentioned.
Kandarin mentions both the rivalry with the AA and the war with TYW here.
Manson

Delegates of TRR

Post by Manson »

Duh, Fratt. :P

frattastan

Delegates of TRR

Post by frattastan »

:<
Relfa

Delegates of TRR

Post by Relfa »

PowerPAOK wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 00:21
Oh I was talking about this one, but I did a dumb because it only shows Officers. It may be somewhat useful though, because it has 'retired to become Delegate' for some of the Officers listed.
Yeah, I saw it too lol.
Relfa
Relfa

Delegates of TRR

Post by Relfa »

frattastan wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 00:28
Kandarin's reign started much earlier than 2007, by the way.
The History page is a relatively new feature, so it doesn't record it.

He became Delegate as early as June 2003 (sometime after the RRA invasion attempt of TEP, on June 8), even if his term was broken very briefly in various instances
Ah ok, I just put the information of the History section of the region together and made some calculation. I will look for more information on this so I can have a final date. There wasn't any "regular" delegate between 2003 and 2011 other than Kandarin?
Relfa
Manson

Delegates of TRR

Post by Manson »

Jennivier's Jamboree

I've found out new things about Jennivier, a former TRR delegate. Believed to have couped TRR, this interview with Dan Melican shows otherwise.

Jennivier when he was still UN delegate of TRR.

While digging through old NPO archives, I found this. Jennivier had become an NPO citizen. He worked his way up, and attempted to coup The New Pacific Order.

Shown here. 99.9% of these posts were satire with a tiny hint of news. However, one post reads: Irisian (right) and Jennivier (left) await deportation from the Pacific to the third world region of Rejected Realms. This was after Jennivier served TRR with Kandarin. Believed to have left TRR to coup The Pacific. In one topic, Jennivier says "Is there any way I can serve?"

It is still unknown whether Jennivier simply was endo-tarting in the Pacific after becoming bored with TRR, or if he had the intent to take TP over. Not much is still known about Jennivier after many years. I would like to possibly learn more about him. If you could share your knowledge, that would be helpful!

frattastan

Delegates of TRR

Post by frattastan »

Relfa wrote:There wasn't any "regular" delegate between 2003 and 2011 other than Kandarin?
There was none, correct. As Cat said before him it becomes pretty muddled since the region was still being fought over; if you want to include anyone as Kandarin's predecessor, it should be Gres.
Re: Jennivier. Before arriving in TRR they were delegate of Imperial Britain, a region they were also founder of (unless I'm misreading what's said on the RMB, Acasia is also controlled by Jennivier?).
Manson

Delegates of TRR

Post by Manson »

TRR was created April 27 2003.

Earliest known delegate is Sagar...

Sagar* - ? - May 04 2003.
Louldamin* - May 04 2003.
Dogwhores* - May 05 2003.
Louldamin - May 06 - May 28 2003.
Gres - May 28 - May 29 2003.
Lovisa* - May 29 2003.
Gres - May 30 - June 09 2003.
The Holy Manatee (Mr Nonchalant)* - June 09 - June 18
Kandarin - June 18 -

* Sagar probably took the delegacy as a result of him and the rest of his invader group, E2, being ejected from Axis of Evil.
* Louldamin claimed TRR as a forward base of Atlantic Alliance's - an expansionist group in NS's early days.
* Dogwhores was an Atlantic Alliance soldier who took the delegacy by accident when a bunch of AAers were ejected from invasion in Massassi Jungle.
* Lovisa was a Europe resident who took the delegacy by accident when a bunch of Europe people were ejected.
* Mr Nonchalant invaded TRR on behalf of Atlantic Alliance.

So Gres and Kandarin were really TRR's first "native" delegates in a sense. The others either took the delegacy by accident or planned to make TRR a colony of some sort.

Kandarin's tenure was quite long but was interrupted by a coup that same year by Jenniver and later the next year by Orack.

Fauxia
Nation: Fauxia
Discord: Fauxia#1470

Delegates of TRR

Post by Fauxia »

Interesting interview here.

If “Atlantic” is the home region of the ACC, is the ACC the AA? Interesting thing.
Deputy Officer of Being Irrelevant
frattastan

Delegates of TRR

Post by frattastan »

Atlantic was the home region, yes.
Atlantic Alliance and Atlantic Central Command are synonyms, as far as I know.

But maybe this is a discussion for another topic. :P
Relfa

Delegates of TRR

Post by Relfa »

I updated the message. We still need the date that Sagar became delegate (somewhere between April 27, 2003 and May 4, 2003), we need Jenniver dates and then Orack dates.
Relfa
frattastan

Delegates of TRR

Post by frattastan »

Some of the unrecognised ones are in the wrong order.

Oud-Heverlee Leuven's date is also incorrect: it's February 2, 2012.
Relfa

Delegates of TRR

Post by Relfa »

Fixed.
Relfa

Return to “TRR Historical Society Archives”