More contrast in textboxes please?

Having trouble with the forum? Want something improved? Post your concerns here.
Nakari

More contrast in textboxes please?

Post by Nakari »

I've been using the forums a lot more recently and noticing that the textboxes are kind of hard to read - there's not really much contrast between the white background and the mid-purple text. This has potential to be an accessibility issue and also it just makes it hard to read what you're typing, especially in the dark (omg my eyes bled last night trying to use search)

I looked into the Web Accessibility Guidelines, which recommend a contrast ratio of 4.5:1 for regular small text at a medium level of accessibility. The contrast here, using the colour #9C7CFF on a white background, is 3.11:1, which is quite a bit lower, according to this: https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

I'd suggest:

- making the background of textboxes black and keeping the current colour, for a contrast ratio of 6.74:1

- making the text colour darker and leaving textbox background white, perhaps #341d6d which is already used on the save draft/preview/submit buttons, for a contrast ratio of 13.61:1

Guy

Re: More contrast in textboxes please?

Post by Guy »

Hopefully you should experience some improvement here, with the message text colour darker. There may be more changes, depending on how I go with editing the CSS files.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Re: More contrast in textboxes please?

Post by frattastan »

"Now let's fix contrast in the PM area".
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Suggestions”