Guy for Delegate

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Guy

Guy for Delegate

Post by Guy »

JAL isn't promising to be a Delegate for raiders. He is simply pointing out that as a neutral region, there should a raider counterpart of the RRA. Though I don't necessarily agree with him, I don't think he is biased on this at all.
JAL's 'raider counterpart' is nothing like the RRA.

The RRA is completely independent of the region's goernment, as spelt out in the Constitution. Just so there are no doubts over this, I intend to resign from the RRA

What JAL is planning to do though, is use his power as Delegate to create an exclusive club of raiders, to 'serve our interests aboard'. Whose interests? The Rejected Realms'? How can you serve our region's interests, if you are going to be deploying against other regional members regularly?
How can you convince us that electing a Delegate who will serve through 2011, assuming you do not break your promise, is a viable option?
If at any point the region believes it's time for me to leave, I will do just that. As long as the region is happy with my performance, then I am as certain as I can be that I will continue serving till New Year's Day, at least.
1.) How do you intend to have more ambassadors sign up?
Posting in the citizen's forums, sending PMs and telegrams to citizens, et cetera. This is all about awareness. Being an ambassador to 1-2 regions is not such a demanding job, and I think just about any of our citizens is capable of it.
2.) How do you intend to have more writers do articles?
Writing articles is obviously a bit harder than serving as an ambassador, but it certainly is still possible to get people involved in this project. We've got some great, very capable people here. If we start small, by perhaps having a few people write an article every once in a while, I am hoping it will continue growing.
How do we know you're going to be a solid delegate? You resigned your post as an officer, and then decided that's not what you really wanted. Now you're doing this. How do we know that you're going to be reliable and not change your mind in a week? A month?
I've served in public offices for over a year consecutively without ever resigning any of them. I can tell you with confidence that the whole resignation fiasco is not going to repeat itself, and you can look at my past track-record. If you're going to judge my character by one incident, then there is not much I can do about that.
Drop Your Pants

Guy for Delegate

Post by Drop Your Pants »

Why do you want to be delegate? Don't say you want to help the community, you can do that as officer. Whats driving you (or who :whistle: ) to take the position?

Personally i took the spot in Lazarus because i felt i deserved it, its not a nice way of putting it but its true :P
John Ashcroft Land

Guy for Delegate

Post by John Ashcroft Land »

Good points... an army named the Rejected Realms Army, hosted on the same forum as the Rejected Realms, has no affiliation to the Rejected Realms whatsoever...
CrazyGirl

Guy for Delegate

Post by CrazyGirl »

Shame no one here has been here long enough to remember why it's on this forum :P
Drop Your Pants

Guy for Delegate

Because you decided it and we all love you?
Guy

Guy for Delegate

Post by Guy »

Why do you want to be delegate? Don't say you want to help the community, you can do that as officer. Whats driving you (or who :whistle: ) to take the position?
Firstly, I'm running because quite simply, I do believe TRR will be best off with me as Delegate.
Secondly, I'm also doing this for myself a little. I think it's going to be a great experience for me.
And lastly, people did ask me to. :P
Good points... an army named the Rejected Realms Army, hosted on the same forum as the Rejected Realms, has no affiliation to the Rejected Realms whatsoever...
Of course it is strongly affiliated with the region, seeing that it is based off it, its pool of soldiers are TRR citizens, et cetera. However, in no way is it connected to the Government, and does not claim to further TRR's interests aboard.
Drop Your Pants

Guy for Delegate

Firstly, I'm running because quite simply, I do believe TRR will be best off with me as Delegate.
So what can you provide that sedge or the other candidates can't? I know what my answer to the question would be but i want to see what you think it is :angel:
Secondly, I'm also doing this for myself a little. I think it's going to be a great experience for me.
Its certainly fun but do you think your ready for a feeder region? 10000 Islands is a big region but its not a sinker.
And lastly, people did ask me to.
That one was a bit obvious ^_^

Whats your temper like? I ask because you'll have to deal with noobs daily :P
Whats your opinions on the SC? Do you support Liberation proposals or are you against them because they interfere in gameplay?
If couped, how will you regain your spot?
What, if anything, would you have done differently in the TSP drama?
What comes first, the forum community or the region?

How much do you hate me right now? :rofl:
CrazyGirl

Guy for Delegate

Post by CrazyGirl »

Drop Your Pants wrote:
19 Jul 2011, 17:27
Because you decided it and we all love you?
Well, that too :P
Harmoneia

Guy for Delegate

Post by Harmoneia »

Fair enough, then. Leave questions about other candidates on their own threads ;)

Somehow connected to DYP's question about 10k Islands being a big but not a sinker region. I would like to add flesh to this question as well.
Have you had any experience being a head of heads? If not, how can you handle the jump to TRR, a sinker?
While it is hard to work for a region as big as 10k Islands, I agree with DYP it is harder to rule a sinker. Speaking from experience, leading a UCR is time-consuming but it doesn't require much more guts and wits. You will have people that are loyal and true blood, while in sinkers it is usually a mix of cultures, much more diverse and when you get an inactivity problem it racks your brains out because no matter how many telegrams you send out (whereas in UCR's this works perfectly well), people just rarely seem to care. How can you assure us that you are ready for this and that you will not waste any bit of what Nai has worked so hard for?
Guy

Guy for Delegate

Post by Guy »

So what can you provide that sedge or the other candidates can't? I know what my answer to the question would be but i want to see what you think it is :angel:
Haven't I answered this already? :P
Its certainly fun but do you think your ready for a feeder region? 10000 Islands is a big region but its not a sinker.
In reply to both this and Harmoneia's post. I do not have any experience in being the head of a region, and yes, I'm aware that it's not easy. But there's a first time for everything, and I am a quick learner -- I am capable of doing it. It might indeed be a big jump in some areas, but of course in others it will be nothing new, and in some it will be a mix of new and old stuff.
That one was a bit obvious ^_^
:ermm:
Whats your temper like? I ask because you'll have to deal with noobs daily :P
I can (and do) occasionally lose my temper, although not at all at noobs. I'm happy to go over stuff slowly, explain things, or just put up with plain noobness. I had those in 10KI too, you know. Plenty of them. :P
Whats your opinions on the SC? Do you support Liberation proposals or are you against them because they interfere in gameplay?
I generally oppose region-griefings, and view WA Liberations as a legitimate tactic to save the region. I will only oppose a (geniune) Liberation if I think it would not be beneficial for the region. On C&Cs, I look at each case individually, and decide whether that person should be Commended or Condemned. I don't really have a general policy.
If couped, how will you regain your spot?
Well, I have some experience in this area too, and believe that I should be able to stop nearly all coup-attempts with unendorsement campaigns.

If for whatever reason that fails, and the region is couped, then I will continue attempting to regain the Delegacy through means of telegram camaigns, and call in foreign troops if it appropriate to do so.
What, if anything, would you have done differently in the TSP drama?
As Naivetry? I would have acted earlier on the situation here in TRR, and perhaps would have placed more energy into solving the internal crisis, rather than the external one. While her actions can be held to have saved our relations with a few other regions, I do think that perhaps more should've been done here, and less elsewhere.
What comes first, the forum community or the region?
They are both essential, and both need to stay connected and in touch with each other. A forum-government would have a hard time claiming legitimacy over the region if it makes no attempt to connect with it. It also works the other way -- a couping Delegate would also have a hard time claiming legitimacy, although there certainly are exceptions.

Naturally, when a sufficiently-large a forum would also form. And so I reject the idea that the region is always superior to the offsite-community -- it is a huge part of what identifies and makes the region what it is. On the other hand, though, where would we be without the region.
How much do you hate me right now? :rofl:
I don't hate you at all. And my assistant is standing behind you with cookies, not dynamite. But if you bend over, happy puppies and rainbows and butterflies will ensue.
Elindra Kshrlmnt

Guy for Delegate

Post by Elindra Kshrlmnt »

The cookies are here. :D

Guy

Guy for Delegate

Post by Guy »

Okay, just so it is clear.

I would have absolutely nothing against a raiding army based in TRR. I won't (and legally also can't) stop anyone attempting to do that.

I do have a problem with an army of Raiders claiming to further the whole region's interests aboard. How are the Defenders here supposed to feel about that? The neutrals?

And of course, there is the separation of the government from the RRA, something which would not exist with JAL's imperial army.

RRA = An army of TRR citizens defending together, fully independent from the government. In no way does it claim to represent TRR or its interests.
The Old Zertaxian Puppet State

Guy for Delegate

Post by The Old Zertaxian Puppet State »

Guy wrote:
20 Jul 2011, 05:29

I would have absolutely nothing against a raiding army based in TRR. I won't (and legally also can't) stop anyone attempting to do that.

I do have a problem with an army of Raiders claiming to further the whole region's interests aboard. How are the Defenders here supposed to feel about that? The neutrals?

And of course, there is the separation of the government from the RRA, something which would not exist with JAL's imperial army.

RRA = An army of TRR citizens defending together, fully independent from the government. In no way does it claim to represent TRR or its interests.
So, your only argument against the "invader army" idea is that in JAL's proposal, it would appear to be more connected to TRR Government than the current RRA?

If someone started an army of TRR citizens invading together, fully independent from the government, in no way claiming to represent TRR or its interests, you wouldn't be against that?
The Principality of The Old Zertaxian Puppet State
Guy

Guy for Delegate

Post by Guy »

I wouldn't be, and there is nothing stopping that from happening right now.
Drop Your Pants

Guy for Delegate

Think of the fun we could have though, TRR vs TRR in another feeder. We'd be hating ourselves and everyone else :D
The Old Zertaxian Puppet State

Guy for Delegate

Post by The Old Zertaxian Puppet State »

Drop Your Pants wrote:
20 Jul 2011, 15:41
Think of the fun we could have though, TRR vs TRR in another feeder. We'd be hating ourselves and everyone else :D
:rofl:

Sounds like a good party idea. :riot:

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the clarification, Guy.
The Principality of The Old Zertaxian Puppet State
Tikal

Guy for Delegate

Post by Tikal »

Guy wrote:
20 Jul 2011, 05:29

On the same line of thought, How are the Raiders supposed to feel about TRR being a member of the FRA, the Army being hosted here, and us being told that TRR shouldn't be invader, even though it's claimed to be Neutral?

How do real neutrals feel when they have different military orientations being active in their region? They are fine, because they are neutrals.
If TRR has a problem with it, it's a symptom that the neutrality is a farce.

And Jal said he had a plan to get an imperialist army; he didn't say he'd be necessarily linking it to the TRR government.

The TRR army does represent TRRs interests. In the FRA there were continuous worries that TRR would leave them as a member, according to Unibot; Why do you think that was? Just because Sedge and CG lobby to keep TRR in the FRA? Or because, indeed, the FRA benefits from gaining troops and publicity from having a high profile member, even though the army is barely active?

Question: If there is a group of citizens organizing themselves to create an invader army in TRR, and as you mentioned, you can't legally oppose it, would you use your position in informal methods, such as WAD influence and backstage lobbying, among others, to oppose it?
sedge
Nation: Sedgistan
Discord: sedge#3069

Guy for Delegate

Post by sedge »

If you want to discuss the legality of an invader army in TRR, I suggest a separate thread for it, as it's not related to the delegate position.
Guy

Guy for Delegate

Post by Guy »

How are the Raiders supposed to feel about TRR being a member of the FRA
There was a discussion, and a vote, on FRA membership. The region made the decision that it would be beneficial for us to remain in it.
the Army being hosted here
The RRA has a historic link to this forum, which is legally set-out in the Constitution.
and us being told that TRR shouldn't be invader, even though it's claimed to be Neutral?
Umm. If it's neutral, by definition it's not invader.
And Jal said he had a plan to get an imperialist army; he didn't say he'd be necessarily linking it to the TRR government.
Then what does it have to do with the Delegate race, exactly?
The TRR army does represent TRRs interests. In the FRA there were continuous worries that TRR would leave them as a member, according to Unibot; Why do you think that was? Just because Sedge and CG lobby to keep TRR in the FRA? Or because, indeed, the FRA benefits from gaining troops and publicity from having a high profile member, even though the army is barely active?
I'm not really sure what you're saying here. Despite TRR being a member of the FRA, the RRA is in no way linked to the FRA. TRR, the region, is part of the FRA, because it benefits us. That has nothing to do with the RRA.
Question: If there is a group of citizens organizing themselves to create an invader army in TRR, and as you mentioned, you can't legally oppose it, would you use your position in informal methods, such as WAD influence and backstage lobbying, among others, to oppose it?
As long as they do not claim to represent TRR, its government, or its interests, I would not intervene.

For something to be done in the name of TRR, it would need TRR's (and thus the Assembly's) approval.
Tikal

Guy for Delegate

Post by Tikal »

sedge wrote:
20 Jul 2011, 18:06
If you want to discuss the legality of an invader army in TRR, I suggest a separate thread for it, as it's not related to the delegate position.
According to my post
If there is a group of citizens organizing themselves to create an invader army in TRR, and as you mentioned, you can't legally oppose it(...)
, no, I don't think the legality of it is even in question.
sedge
Nation: Sedgistan
Discord: sedge#3069

Guy for Delegate

Post by sedge »

Whereas I disagree with that, hence the suggestion of starting a new thread to debate that point, so we don't threadjack Guy's manifesto.
Tikal

Guy for Delegate

Post by Tikal »

O.o

No, I think it would be perfectly legal. My question wasn't pertaining that; it was beyond that - it was, given that legally it wouldn't be preventable, if he'd use the wad position to prevent it using other means.

If YOU want to discuss it, feel free to start a thread about it :P
Tikal

Guy for Delegate

Post by Tikal »

On the context of the recently contested admin intervention, I have a question:

Would you, as elected WAD, be willing to move the community to a new forum?
Guy

Guy for Delegate

Post by Guy »

Only if a Constitutional amendment passes, recognising the new forum.

Or, of course, if the Admins refuse to let us vote on such an Amendment.
Guy

Guy for Delegate

Post by Guy »

To summarise my views on the whole FRA/RRA/Regional-defence debate we've been having:
  • If a proposal for an invader army here comes up it will need to be seriously considered, and not merely dismissed for being invader.
  • New defence treaties with regions or organisations can be a very positive thing to our regional security. No region or org should be dismissed for their R/D stance.
  • The RRA is in no way above the Constitution, or at the same level as it. A Constitutional amendment can dictate the status of the RRA.

Return to “Campaigns”