Jamie for Delegate!

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Cove
Nation: Chimes
Discord: JamieNS#9042

Jamie for Delegate!

Post by Cove »

Jamie for Delegate ~ Here to Stay and Here to Slay!

Hi, I’m Jamie and I am currently serving as your WA Officer, and after careful consideration I have decided to enter the delegate race. TRR is my home, and it’s a place I want to see reach its fullest potential. I believe that with careful guidance TRR can be made even better than it is already. Sarah has been an amazing delegate and left big shoes to fill, and I hope I am able to do so.

A little bit about my past experience: I’ve served two terms as speaker here as well as currently serving as your WA Officer. Outside of TRR, I have served as a delegate previously in The North Pacific - serving nearly two terms. Outside of the delegacy, I also served as Speaker and Court Justice. My platform is gonna focus on each area individually because I believe it is important as a delegate to show the whole package that I can bring to the role, rather than solely focusing on a specific area as it allows a more informed choice to be made in regards to voting. I will go into detail below about how I intend to utilise each facility to the fullest if elected as delegate.

Delegate Duties
TRR’s Delegate is always the face of the region, accountable to its citizenry as well as its friends and allies abroad, and it’s important to provide a stable guiding hand. I intend to focus on utilising our existing treaties to the fullest and exploring with the FA Officer the areas in which we could look to expand upon - e.g regional events/festivals. Nakari did an amazing job with Rejectmas as well as the Harry Potter festival, and that’s the vibrancy and drive that I want to continue throughout my delegacy.

I’m a big believer when it comes to the delegacy in terms of WA Voting of ‘vote early, vote often’, utilising our WA voice to stack our preferred vote is a vital way to strengthen our WA influence in the wider NS world. I intend to work with the WA Officer (whoever they may be) to keep up our record of consistent recommendations and get a vote submitted as soon as possible.

Foreign Affairs
Foreign Affairs is the cornerstone of a delegacy, and they are commonly one thing people associate with a person’s delegacy - be it a successful event or a new alliance being formed. In terms of our existing relationships, I resolve it’s important to keep the strength with our existing alliances, as well as develop them in new areas where possible.

One of the areas I would like to experiment in would be cards and look at how they can be used to create new cultural activities. Many of our allies - TNP, TEP, TSP and XKI - all have functioning card programs, and we as a region with a newly formed card league should look at ways in which we can interact with our allies to both strengthen our relations as well as making our card infrastructure more concrete. One event that is scheduled to take place regardless of the result of this election will be the upcoming TEA House of Cards event, in which our number of allies organised the previous year and we will be joining for this year. This event is one of the leading multi-regional events of the previous years, and the only one with a focus on cards, which is a prime way to spur activity among our growing regional card community.

I feel our Foreign Affairs program as a whole is in a good place at the present - the newly formed diplomatic corps has seen an exciting level of activity. If I were elected, I would look to continue to work closely with Neq on this program, in particular when we release updates and form new relations–some of which is currently in discussion presently. Another goal I would like to look at is diversifying our range of FA updates/interactions - this could be as we presently do by sharing our TRT articles with our friends and allies to simply providing updates on the goings on in the region.

Lastly, to conclude my commentary on my FA goals for this term, I would sum it up in three words - maintain, progress and expand. TRR is unique in terms of our FA policy in that while we are a defender region we maintain a fairly open and independent FA policy - owing to our treaties with our GCR friends who may oppose the RRA militarily. Indeed, our stance shouldn’t dictate our FA policy exclusively, but rather we should use it to espouse our values of self determination and engage with like minded regions.

Culture
Culture is an area that is flourishing under Officer Nakari through her wide variety of varied ideas. In regards to specific goals on culture, I intend to work closely with Nakari in designing future culture schedules as well as providing links between Culture and FA as mentioned above to complement each other.

To begin, I’d like to go into more detail about the event I talked about previously - the TEA House of Cards. This event will continue a variety of different activities for citizens and visitors alike to take part in, previous events included trivia, pull events, podcasts, lectures as well as all manner of fun discord based games!

I’d also like to look at bringing back some regularly scheduled events - I look at Jack’s trivia and Popmaster as examples of these, doing these on alternate weeks was an idea I was considering floating to generate some activity.

However, not all cultural events need to be so regimented, I’d also look at some more relaxed cultural activities - for example regular scheduled VC’s, music jamming sessions. We have a number of talented musicians within our region and discord and I’d love to give them the time to shine. Other events I had in mind were art events. The flag event over rejectmas was successful so I’d like to look at events for different elements of the regions - perhaps a seal or maybe designing a government nation flag - for example making a flag for ‘The Discarded Realms’.

Outreach
Outreach is one of the most vital elements to keeping an involved, active, and interested community. I believe our current outreach team has been doing great with the regular endorsement dispatches. We have seen our endo counts gradually recover after a lull after the post drew boom, and I have to give credit to the committed outreach team. Like Sarah previously, the focus for this department would be dependent on the result of a forthcoming officer election if I was elected, and I’d be happy to either continue to monitor WA Affairs or monitor Outreach as appropriate if elected as delegate.
I’d also be looking to involve the cabinet as a whole in outreach discussions as I believe it's something that everyone should have a degree of involvement in. Without Outreach, we don’t gain new members and our endorsement rates fall - Outreach must be nurtured.

Outreach is nurtured through organisation, commitment and consistency. My goals for Outreach are simple: We should build upon the strong foundations we have already but look to progress even further and work to welcome new arrivals more vigorously and make them want to be in the region. To some the region has a reputation as being home to people who no-one else wanted - but what we want residents here to feel is that they have a sense of home in TRR.

WA Affairs
As the incumbent WA Officer, this is one of the areas that is most important to me at the present time. We have strengthened our WA profile through our consistent dispatches and forum activity on WA discussions has significantly improved.

The next few months will see new challenges for our WA Office through the impending bloc formation if it passes the assembly. As a delegate, I will push to make sure our voice is heard within the bloc and will not be afraid to speak my mind to make sure TRR’s interests are represented. However, I am fully supportive of the bloc - it gives us opportunities that we haven’t had previously to utilise our WA votes in unity with the like minded regions of TSP and XKI on proposals that are important to us and in line with our ideology. I will also be pushing for the creation of a WA Authorship Program to nurture our aspiring future authors in the region (myself included!) and make TRR a force to be reckoned with on the WA stage.

Media
Since we passed the TRR Rejected Times Corporation act which established the Editor in Chief as an official position, activity has skyrocketed. I intend to work closely with Aga on more ways we can diversify TRT even more. Media is a vital tool for promoting the region, and I think the ‘brief news’ idea is exactly the kind of tool to push the TRT to new heights by having even more regular material outside of the regularly scheduled editions. It is however, important the media remains fully impartial without a heavy hand from the government, and I trust the EiC to perform their role appropriately.

New Beginnings..
The one big idea that I am intending to introduce during my term will be a more broad outreach program to encourage and reward endorsees of the delegate, this is already been worked behind the scenes in terms of giving card rewards/badges/medals to endorsees of the delegate and framework is being built to allow this idea to come into fruition. All members of the region should be valued for taking the task to endorse the delegate - this not only makes us more secure but gives us much more WA influence! This plan is one I intend to discuss with the whole cabinet and will be a group project to implement.

To conclude, this is my platform for delegate. If you vote for me, I can promise to be accountable to you, the citizenry. I can promise to be reliable, I can promise to be easily reachable, I can promise to be active. I can promise to do my absolute best if you elect me as your delegate. Any questions are welcome! I really hope you consider giving me your vote.
Last edited by Cove on 17 Jan 2021, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.
~ Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms ~
~ Former Officer for the World Assembly ~
~ Ex-Speaker of The Rejected Realms Assembly (2 Terms) ~
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Sarah

Re: Jamie for Delegate!

Post by Sarah »

Nakari did an amazing job with Rejectmas as well as the Harry Potter festival, and that’s the vibrancy and drive that I want to continue throughout my delegacy.

Agreed!
However, not all cultural events need to be so regimented, I’d also look at some more relaxed cultural activities - for example regular scheduled VC’s, music jamming sessions.
I love this. With the music bot being something only giving out for popmaster and things, how would you facilitate music jamming sessions? Or did you mean those only for the live musician type deals?
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Cove

Post by Cove »

Sarah wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 02:22
Nakari did an amazing job with Rejectmas as well as the Harry Potter festival, and that’s the vibrancy and drive that I want to continue throughout my delegacy.

Agreed!
However, not all cultural events need to be so regimented, I’d also look at some more relaxed cultural activities - for example regular scheduled VC’s, music jamming sessions.
I love this. With the music bot being something only giving out for popmaster and things, how would you facilitate music jamming sessions? Or did you mean those only for the live musician type deals?
It would depend really, I’d discuss with Fratt/Guy whether it’s possible to grant access to the bot channel more easily, otherwise we could have a pre arranged slot where we could make sure people had access prior! As for the live musicians idea - that would just be VC based most likely so would be easy to do at short notice. We’ve had big VC’s a few times in TRR so I definitely think
some of these ideas would be a hit!
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Fauxia
Nation: Fauxia
Discord: Fauxia#1470

Post by Fauxia »

Excellent platform, but I expected no less.

Are there any other cards-for-(activity/endorsements/whatever) schemes you’d be interested in? How would such a scheme (including the endorsement one mentioned) work?
Deputy Officer of Being Irrelevant
Cove

Post by Cove »

Fauxia wrote:
17 Jan 2021, 23:59
Excellent platform, but I expected no less.

Are there any other cards-for-(activity/endorsements/whatever) schemes you’d be interested in? How would such a scheme (including the endorsement one mentioned) work?
Thank you!

The other scheme I was considering in regards to bringing a cards element in would be to giving incentives to ambassadors in the same manner - ambassadors are vital to the success of the FA program and I think rewarding with rare cards if so they're interested would be a good recognition of the work they do, but this an idea that'd i'd need to consider in more depth.

In regards to the endorsement scheme of which I mentioned in my platform - I envision to work in a very simple method because we don't have a set number of regional nations to endorsed compared to other regions, the prime reward would, of course, be for endorsing the delegate. In order to encourage interaction, I would intend for the scheme to be application-based - but when I say that I don't mean some long-form no - but simply a telegram or rmb post advising they have met the requirement and when they have met a threshold of endorsement time (e.g 2 weeks) they would be then contacted to claim their award as appropriate. I do think it is healthy to encourage light endorsing among the native community within reason, so I would also look to credit those who make an effort to endorse and return endorsements from new members - the latter would most definitely require some scripting/tool element which I am currently discussing with some others to be able to implement.

Thank you for your question!
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Fauxia
Nation: Fauxia
Discord: Fauxia#1470

Post by Fauxia »

Oh yeah, and I have some other questions.

1. Are there any specific regions you'd be interested in increasing our volume of interaction with (whatever that may be?)

2. Are you intending to stay on as cards director, should you win?
Deputy Officer of Being Irrelevant
Cove

Post by Cove »

Fauxia wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 01:06
Oh yeah, and I have some other questions.

1. Are there any specific regions you'd be interested in increasing our volume of interaction with (whatever that may be?)

2. Are you intending to stay on as cards director, should you win?
Currently, I’d look towards our current allies. As mentioned I am looking forward to hosting the Inter-regional TEA Cards event with a number of our friends and allies and I think that is a good chance for us to get closer than we are already.

Outside of that event - I look towards both new and old friends in the UDS - we share a number of shared values through our defenderism and I believe this a relationship which we can develop more closely if elected, I would intend to approach them in regards to taking part in an inter-regional event.

I won’t make any commitments in regards to treaties and alliances as I think it’s important to build on what we have and when we are the right stage of the relationship, that is the time to formalise it through a treaty or NAP as appropriate.

To answer your second question, I’m currently discussing opening the cards program leadership to more members to have greater involvement and feedback - as well as most importantly accountability. I intend to stay on as Cards Director as long as I am able as I confident that the team i’m building will support where needed.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
thechurchofsatan

Post by thechurchofsatan »

I like what you're aiming for here. So for cultural activities, how might you go about adding some spontaneity to it? It sounds good in theory but I'm concerned that it might result in too low a turnout more often than not.

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Cove

Post by Cove »

thechurchofsatan wrote:
18 Jan 2021, 17:18
I like what you're aiming for here. So for cultural activities, how might you go about adding some spontaneity to it? It sounds good in theory but I'm concerned that it might result in too low a turnout more often than not.
I'd be aiming for balance - a ridgid schedule means people know if they can attend an event while a flexible schedule allows people that may not normally be able to make events an oppurtunity to attend. If elected, I'd be working closely with Nakari to organise cultural events at varied times as well as having some flexibility on certain events - for example VC/Gaming sessions can happen at any time while big events can be attended all day long. It's all about finding the right balance.
~ Former RRA Officer ~

Return to “Campaigns”