giangsang officer campaign

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Giangsang
Nation: Giangsang
Discord: giangsang

giangsang officer campaign

Post by Giangsang »

Good day all, I am here to announce my plans to run for officer for yet another term.
My last campaign was very underwhelming, so I’m going to put some more effort into this one, and actually talk about what I am going to do as officer. Yes, I do in fact learn from my past mistakes.
This time I am going to try to appeal to multiple different potential portfolios, but I am fine with more unorthodox ones that I haven't covered here if it for whatever reason is needed. I don't prefer any of them over another.

Before you are my plans for each individual traditional position.

Culture:

* Expand the game days. Irregular game days with games like Jackbox, Codenames, Skribbl, Putt Party, City Guessr, and others usually attract quite a good amount of people, and can also help integrate newer Rejects. And they are also lots of fun, which is always a plus. I would want to keep the games somewhat irregular so they attract more people.
* Continue the regular games, like Werewolf Wednesday. Werewolf Wednesday has consistently gathered many Rejects, and is generally a good time for everyone involved. There really aren’t any downsides, so there’s no reason to shut it down. Diplomacy is a similar scenario, people play it, they have fun, no real downsides here either. The only reasons for shutting them down would be for low activity, which I'm aware is a possibility.
* Movie nights, hopefully. This is something I want to see more of. The few times I've been able to attend watch parties were lots of fun, so I would like more of them to exist. I will at the very least hold watch parties for important holidays, like the upcoming Halloween (assuming I don't get challenged by then). It's unlikely I'll make them a common occurrence, however, since that kind of ruins the point imo.
* Theme days. Theme days have historically had a large number of regular participants, but having them weekly seemed to diminish the total amount of people willing to participate. I will try my best to find the balance between having too many theme days to where people stop participating, and having so few that people lose interest.

Outreach:

* Do NNEs. Regular frequent NNEs like we’ve always done. They work well, it takes little effort, they’re great. While I acknowledge they can feel a little spammy, it is at the end of the day their fault for not endorsing our delegate(-elect).
* Keep the info updated! I feel very strongly about the information provided both on-site and off-site, so constantly updating the info on the Information Dispatches, as well as the forums are a must.
* Keep the RMB Awards. People seem to really like them, so keeping them around is the best move. I have never run the RMB Awards before, so I admittedly have no clue how they work, but I'm sure I can learn.
* Possibly review some of our RMB rules. See which ones work, which ones don’t. Have a discussion with the Citizenry if needed. This one is a minor one since I believe our current rules work fine as they are. However, this doesn’t mean they can’t or shouldn’t change.

Foreign Affairs:

I won't do a list for this one, since I'm quite frankly not well versed enough in FA to confidently speak point-for-point what I want or am willing to do, or even what I can do, but I am still willing to give it a shot. I won't do anything drastic, I'll mostly just listen to Fratt and do as I'm told. I don't have any plans for any specific regions or treaties to approach or anything like that, neither do I have any plans to destroy any relations either, unless of course the delegate does. I am aware of how difficult FA has been in the past two months, but that doesn't really deter me. While the pure intensity does seem to be declining, even if another FA incident happens, I personally am willing to learn how to deal with that if I have to.

World Assembly Affairs:

The what affairs?
If I get assigned this I will furiously ignore my job.

------

As always, questions are more than welcome, and encouraged. I look forward to responding to them.
Anarchisticstan
Nation: New Anarchisticstan
Discord: @Nazhnayoj

Re: giangsang officer campaign

Post by Anarchisticstan »

Which portfolio are you hoping to get?
Also, I agree on the movie night: I didn't host them due to technical issues of mine. I will support your campaign.
Ex Culture officer of TRR and Author of NS issue #1568 Palate Torture.
I have very bad posture, lack any sort of contact with the outside world, and am in constant torment with myself. :3
:dwarf:
Giangsang
Nation: Giangsang
Discord: giangsang

Post by Giangsang »

Anarchisticstan wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 20:22
Which portfolio are you hoping to get?
I am equally fine with either Culture, Outreach, or FA, as well as some more abnormal portfolios. I want them for different reasons, which makes it a bit tough to say which one I'd want the most.
Outreach works since it's the one I have most experience with, Culture works since it's both new and familiar, FA works since I want to try a completely new thing out.
I guess if I had to pick one, probably FA, but they all work.
TheKeyToJOY
Nation: TheKeyToJoy

Post by TheKeyToJOY »

All be voting for you.
Chef Big Dog
Nation: Chef Big Dog
Discord: idrivedrunk

Post by Chef Big Dog »

Okay, this is epic.
Wolfist-Francoist