Vis for Officer

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Vis
Nation: Visionary Union

Vis for Officer

Post by Vis »

Hi Rejects, I’m running for Officer again.

I am mostly running for the position of Culture officer, but I can do Outreach and FA. If given WA, I will focus on posting threads and pinging only, as I truly have no ideas for that position.

Culture

Culture is something that I have been doing ever since I became more seriously involved with the region- whether in official or unofficial capacity, I organised games and activities with my fellow Rejects as I believe it’s the best way to keep people active and interested in the region. From Diplomacy to Lost Ark and Raft, people came together to play and enjoy themselves as a part of the community. As Officer, I will continue to organise play sessions. I am also open to other games that many other Rejects have such as Civilization VI.

But there’s more to culture than paid games that may not be available to everyone, and free games and activities are TRR’s bread and butter of cultural activity. Games like Werewolf and Diplomacy are fun and relatively easy to pick up, however it appears that in recent times the spontaneous will to play them has gone down (One can look at chat logs from 2021 to see that both games were played without being organised beforehand). This is likely a result of people moving on with their lives rather than any fault of former Delegates or past Officers, but it does highlight something TRR needs to focus on, which is recruitment, and what better way there is to do so than organizing games that the on-site community can enjoy and don’t require much knowledge? Games like Codenames and Cityguesser would be ideal for this, especially if this were be combined with a push from the Outreach and/or Integration Officers.

In addition, TRR has many treaties with regions but doesn’t utilise them to organise cross regional activites which would strengthen ties and foster good relations and goodwill beyond just formal agreements, so that’s also something I would like to work with the FA Officer.

In former terms Culture Officers used Culture Calendars, which I believe can help increase turnout of participants, but I will also seek Rejects' input on their availability in order to organise events better.

Lastly, I would also bring back Reject Awards back to the forums – I know Soviet did them, but they did it as part of a dispatch which wasn’t visible to a lot of people, and I believe it’s important to have on the regional forums, available for future use.

Outreach/Integration

I think this portfolio needs redefining and clarification of responsibilities, as it hasn’t been used to great effect for some time now. No organised regional telegrams, no programs to mentor new nations to the region, and the most glaring issue is the lack of organised attempts to involve active (and non-problematic) RMBers with the off-site communities such as the forums and the discord. However, this is not something a single person (or Officer) can do alone- It needs to be agreed upon by the region as a crucial issue and worked on citizens. Whether it’s conducive participation on the RMB, reaching out to new nations who talk on it with TGs to try and get them involved or even just ending every RMB post with a link to the forums or the discord, it is something that every citizen (and I’m guilty of it too) need to do. In the current situation, I simply do not believe that any one person is capable of reversing the tide and bringing more active players to TRR to replace (and even increase!) players who are no longer active here. Thus, if appointed Outreach/Integration Officer my first act will be to check activity of the Outreach staff- If they’re not active, remove them from the role as a very active and involved team is needed. If I end up with no active staff, I will reach out to citizens to try and get them to participate, but if that doesn’t work I will probably ask for reassignment. Assuming a case of active staff, first of all the Information Office nation will be revived/be used again, our dispatches looked at and if need be modernized, regional telegrams informing nations about activities will return and from there more activites can be planned.

Foreign Affairs

I know that in the past I said I have no interest in FA, but that has changed over the last several months. I believe that TRR needs to strengthen its ties in the Defender sphere, and that can be best accomplished with organising activities with regions we have direct treaties to. I’m not suggesting we do an Aegis wide event because of Europeia and now that there’s a vote on REDACTED, it’s not something which is likely to succeed. I shall seek to sign a treaty with The Grey Wardens, as they have stood by us when we needed them, and together with Fratt I will try to organise with them r/d activities.

I am not putting a section for WA because I stated everything relevant to it in the introduction, feel free to ask questions.

Return to “Campaigns”