walrus for officer

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Minskiev
Nation: Minskiev
Discord: walrus#8689

walrus for officer

Post by Minskiev »

Hi. I’m Walrus/Minsk and I’ve been officer two times before. I’ve also had experience as two-term Delegate, so I think I can serve in whichever office I’m assigned to should I be elected. However, my preference would be Foreign Affairs. As a disclaimer, elections are roughly ongoing in Refugia, after which I will no longer be MoFA there, but I may still be MoFA for a couple of weeks after TRR’s elections.

Foreign Affairs

Given all the shit that’s going on, I’d like to work with Fratt and use his no-nonsense FA approach to better position ourselves as a region. This means working with the allies that have been most helpful and, well, ally-like, while staying a reliable and collaborative Aegis partner. Specifically:
  1. A solution to Aegis troubles. While discussion is generally occurring about what happened and how to make sure it does not happen again, I will strive to have an actual, tangible change to report to the citizens of TRR after I get elected. This means guidelines on intel/intel sharing and which issues should be resolved bilaterally or through Aegis, etc.
  2. Events with TGW and UDS (and maybe TSP/XKI). Perhaps strangely, neither of the two most ally-like members during the Aegis affair (TGW/UDS) have a bilateral treaty with TRR. Anyone present in the Aegis chat can back up the notion that these two regions were the most appreciated. But what’s important is that we at least show thanks and aim to have closer ties with these friendly, defender regions. Does it mean a treaty? Perhaps in the future (or later in my term, depending on how things play out), but I more immediately suggest cultural events of some kind (movie nights, game nights, maybe something bigger, etc.). I will work closely with the Culture officer to ensure that these events go smoothly. This doesn’t mean neglecting our treaty allies who mostly sat on the sidelines during Aegis talks such as TSP or XKI, but making our already-close ties closer is not my first priority.
  3. At least two foreign updates during the four-month term. To my knowledge, the last one was roughly in April or May 2022. I don’t believe monthly updates are fully necessary, but I believe some updates will breathe life into the Diplomatic Corps.
Not Foreign Affairs

For Culture and Outreach/Gameside/Integration etc., I’ll just try to be a productive officer that gets expected initiatives done. I’ll try to continue what Soviet’s done with fun, new events or programs because I’m a fan of her work with that stuff. I’ll also do my best to balance citizen-led things like Diplomacy or Putt Putt Party with government stuff like Werewolf or Codenames. I’ll probably also throw something about music in there. Sorry not sorry, I’m obsessed.

I don’t think I’ll get the WA portfolio but I’ve had it twice and I can do it fine, if needed.
Thank you for reading, and please give me any questions you may have.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 11x WA author. Join the RRA here.
John Laurens
Nation: USS Merrimack
Discord: @thiccbois#9077

Re: walrus for officer

Post by John Laurens »

I can’t say anything other than you have my full support.
John Laurens-Wessex
Editor-in-Chief of The Rejected Times
Former Media, Culture, and Outreach Officer

Return to “Campaigns”