Schwarz for Editor in Chief

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Schwarzherzistan

Schwarz for Editor in Chief

Post by Schwarzherzistan »

Heyo y’all,

I am Schwarzherzistan, though you may also simply address me as Schwarz. To follow the k.i.s.s.-rule (keep-it-short & simple), here’s what I seek to execute as Editor-in-Chief (mentioned as EiC from here on out) of The Rejected Times (henceforth called by it’s more well known abbreviation of TRT):
  • 1. Increasing the publication cycle to 1 1/2-1month (read ideally we will publish issues on a monthly basis).
  • 2. Quality over quantity. More well-written content.
  • 3. A bit more graphics, pictures and memes.
  • 4. Introducing the category Cuisine International, which will inform you on the cultivation of fruits and vegetables, usage of certain foods in the kitchen, and various different recipes from around the world.
  • 5. TRT will uphold its right to release special editions and brief news, as well as entertaining a podcast, even if those will only be temporary.
  • 6. With the interest of the audience and after a secret ballot of all TRR authors, two new categories will be introduced: Rejected Politics, updating the citizenship and readers of TRR politics, and Spill The Tea, introducing the readership to queer culture.
Of course, whilst quality will ideally prevail over quantity, the content shall become more informative, educational and entertaining under my leadership.

Also, unlike my opponent, I will favour a slow yet steady progress towards the fulfilment of becoming a more regularly issuing newspaper again, as I am very well aware that a rapid increase can lead to an even faster decline.

Whilst the content and topics of the articles may be chosen by the respective authors, I, when EiC, may make executive decisions on the matter.

Furthermore whilst I prefer a laissez-faire approach in giving the authors more personal responsibility on choosing their subjects and their preferred subject area, ideally evolving into experts on them, I will help out wherever needed, alongside publishing and editing articles on my own.

If you have any more questions, let me know. Preferably here.

Thank you all for your time and hopefully your vote,

Schwarz
Last edited by Schwarzherzistan on 25 Aug 2023, 09:22, edited 1 time in total.
Truly the peak of TRR.”-Anarchi
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Re: Schwarz for Editor in Chief

Post by Gorundu »

How much writing do you envision you would contribute personally during your term, and what will you do if interest in writing remains low as through the past few years?
Officer of TNP Affairs
Schwarzherzistan

Re: Schwarz for Editor in Chief

Post by Schwarzherzistan »

As I laid out in my campaign, I will be the gofer, the person Friday, a general factotum, so as much as I can. To answer your second question, I envisage tackling this issue from multiple angles, which may include themed writing festivals; though first and foremost I will focus on the most important issues of TRT, the staggeringly low publication cycle and the fashion of the content. Recruitment comes straight afterwards though, don’t sweat.
Truly the peak of TRR.”-Anarchi

Return to “Campaigns”