Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

BowShot for Speaker

Post by BowShot118 »

Hi, I'd like to run for Speaker.

I quite enjoyed the job last time I had it, and am pretty familiar with how TRR works at this point. I don't have much to include here, given we've come to a consensus on most issues, but I am supportive of accepting nominations and seconds on the RMB from citizens again, requiring they explicitly inform the speaker of them doing so, just to try and make it a bit easier for gameside members to get involved.

I am also generally supportive of assisting the Delegate in going ahead with any trial run of Cat's proposed gameside reforms, as well as interested in appointing a Deputy Speaker should someone be interested in getting involved in the Speakership without them having much prior experience, or having been in the region for particularly long.

So, uh, yeah, happy to answer any questions. Thanks
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Warzone Codger

Re: BowShot for Speaker

Post by Warzone Codger »

Do you think the speaker should be active in interpreting votes and the opening and closing of votes in novel ways.
Also known as Jeffersonborg - re-educating ejectees one mind at a time.
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Warzone Codger wrote:
03 Oct 2023, 03:55
Do you think the speaker should be active in interpreting votes and the opening and closing of votes in novel ways.
It is definitely the Speaker's job to interpret individual votes and their meaning, within reason, the Speaker should make a reasonable effort to interpret votes on the basis of a clear intent (i.e. shorthand forms of names/common aliases in elections).

I'm not sure there are many novel ways to open and close votes though, happy to hear some though lol
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Warzone Codger

Post by Warzone Codger »

The Speaker is the one who decides whether a proposal becomes a vote, or if it needs further discussion or should be archived.

Plenty of creativity there.
Also known as Jeffersonborg - re-educating ejectees one mind at a time.
Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

Post by Altasund »

What will you bribe me with to get my vote
Non scribatur.
LiberzanEmpire
Nation: Liberza
Discord: liberza

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

^^^^^ this
Sometimes, I dream about bacon

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P

Return to “Campaigns”