Challenge for the EiC Vacancy

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Challenge for the EiC Vacancy

Post by Manson »

I’m kinda disappointed in TRT’s current complete lack of activity so I’m challenging. I previously resigned from the role a few months ago due to RL stress that hasn’t entirely lifted, however, the role shouldn’t sit empty.

If you guys choose to elect me (or if someone else runs, which in that case I’ll drop out of the race) again I’ll be centering releases more around TRT’s “Brief News” serializations led by Bow and Aga and attempt to spark some more onsite engagement through spotlighting various RMBers every week or couple of weeks.

Questions please. Thanks.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Re: Challenge for the EiC Vacancy

Post by BowShot118 »

so how do we know you'll actually do something this time
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Manson

Post by Manson »

BowShot118 wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 16:26
How did we know you’d do anything as Speaker?

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Manson wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 16:29
BowShot118 wrote:
Track record, my point is there hasn't been an even remotely active EiC for a couple years at this point, which includes you.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Manson

Post by Manson »

BowShot118 wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 16:30
Manson wrote:
BowShot118 wrote:
Track record, my point is there hasn't been an even remotely active EiC for a couple years at this point, which includes you.
Interest in TRT has waned. This has been discussed a multitude of times with little interest from staff to engage in said discussion.

We’ve had participation from new writers like Westinor and Applebane but outside of like four people there’s no engagement.

If you read my initial post as me promising to completely revive and rebrand TRT you’re mistaken. I said I would release brief news on a regular timetable and if something of note happens or someone else wants to contribute that’s cool as well.

BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Manson wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 16:33
BowShot118 wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 16:30
Manson wrote:

Interest in TRT has waned. This has been discussed a multitude of times with little interest from staff to engage in said discussion.

We’ve had participation from new writers like Westinor and Applebane but outside of like four people there’s no engagement.

If you read my initial post as me promising to completely revive and rebrand TRT you’re mistaken. I said I would release brief news on a regular timetable and if something of note happens or someone else wants to contribute that’s cool as well.
Having a plan is great but if there's no confidence you can execute it, and no interest within existing TRT staff to do anything, then how do we know you'll be able to achieve it?
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Manson

Post by Manson »

There’s been interest in waves with Thepeopl, Applebane, and other contributors sharing ideas but little follow-through at large due to a lack of direction and a lack of proper staffing.

I think spotlighting an RMBer every week is definitely possible. If you’re asking about my confidence in releasing a full issue anymore, unless I’m writing 3/4 of it, probably not.

Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Post by Nequedum »

Very happy to second- thanks for your interest in keeping TRT going!
LiberzanEmpire
Nation: Liberza
Discord: liberza

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

I agree. You miss a hundred percent of the shots you don’t take—we either keep the status quo and TRT stays deader than the groundhog my dog killed a year or two ago, or at least give Manson a shot at reviving it. I don’t care about track record or confidence if nobody is caring to do anything about TRT anyways.
Sometimes, I dream about bacon

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P
Salem
Nation: Dakota
Discord: dakadak

Post by Salem »

When was the last time you wrote a TRT article?
he/him
frattastan wrote: All the raiders died on first night, that's what matters.
guy wrote: Yeah makes sense. Just go to Koth
Fuck you’re a weird unit sometimes
But yeah shit in peace.

Return to “Campaigns”