Giang delegacy campaign?

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Giangsang
Nation: Giangsang
Discord: giangsang

Giang delegacy campaign?

Post by Giangsang »

Hello. After a good many months of RO-ship, most of which has been spent as officer, I'm running for delegate of TRR.

I am probably most known for my RMB presence. I've been on the RMB every day since December 2022 with only some very few weeks at break. I've been an active Regional Officer since April, spending all of April through December integrating gamesiders to the region, with the past couple months spent primarily on enforcing RMB rules and etiquette.

As a principle of a good democracy, transparency and good communication with the citizenry is extremely important. I value the freedom for citizens to voice their concerns or support for proposed changes within the region of any kind.

And now onto my plans for each one of the major portfolios. I've decided to keep Outreach as one singular portfolio since that's how its been for almost a full officer cycle now.

Culture:

The best thing about Vis's latest term as Culture Officer was the revival of the Culture Calendar, which disappeared under Liberza due to his focus on gameside culture. Gameside culture is important, but it seems now that it was a mistake to neglect the offsite culture, which was the effect not having a culture calendar had.

The Culture Officer regularly conducting polls together with the pollster helps with keeping RMB civility, and utilizing staffers to aid in certain fields (like the QotD) are smart ways to help keep the gameside entertained and civilized. This should be done more.

Another thing that needs mention is the FA aspect of culture. Maintaining a degree of cultural collaboration with our regional allies as well as participating in interregional cultural events in general is something we ought to continue for obvious reasons (following treaty obligations + fun). I plan on this aspect remaining mostly unchanged from a purely cultural perspective.

Outreach:

Overhaul the information dispatches. Keep them well and updated, further utilize them, and fix some navigatory issues. The info dispatches are not used at their utmost potential as it currently stands. Currently they're mostly just dispatches collecting a bit of dust, while they can be much more. The combination of their illusive nature, and their disappointing lack of a lot of essential info leaves much to be desired. They're good and all, but they have the potential to be great.

Somewhat related to this is internal recruitment. TRR has struggled with integration for my whole time here, and focusing on integrating newer gamesiders would greatly aid in bridging the gap between gameside and the offsite. We need to do things like post links to the citizenship applications and Discord server on the RMB at regular intervals, and hold events where gamesiders and offsiters get to collaborate in some way. Just having people interact with the offsite for a start.

Not looking RMB-wise, most of our residency is just your regular issue-answerers. Here we need to use telegrams for recruitment, since it's clear they work. Telegramming nations about what they can do to help the region and why, as well as informing the onsite of the rest of our region is really, really important if we want any recruiting done. Telegramming WA nations specifically about recruitment can be done while endotarting too, since you'd be TGing them anyway about endorsing you.

The gameside doesn't receive nearly enough information about important occurances in TRR, such as elections, reports, cultural events, and other essential updates. This most certainly both enforces a gap between gameside (many of whom don't even know we have elections, government debates, treaties, democracy, etc.) and the offsite Discord/regional forum dwellers. Now I doubt sending a regionwide telegram every time we hold a game night is necessary, but at the very least making regular RMB posts about certain ongoing regional happenings and having regional TGs over major events will cause people to be more aware of what happens in the region.

Reintroducing the concept of RMB watchdogs as a way to help moderate the RMB and in certain cases softly introduce some people to a semblance of regional authority would also be something to strongly consider. I don't know why the idea was rejected under Fratt, it worked fine and had all the upsides of that 'Syndicate' idea proposed a while ago, if anyone remembers.

Foreign Affairs:

With the creation of frontiers we now have a plethora of new potential regions to get closer to. In particular, some of the FOCUS regions (The Wellspring, Community, Carcassonne, Valley of peace, Vibonia) have been suggested as reasonable regions that we should try to build and maintain good relations with.

We have plenty of embassies, and even treaties, whose role seems to be to collect dust in the archives. Here we need to either reform the treaties, or try to get them to work again.

I like the transparency that's been going on with more recent FA decisions being done after conversating with citizens. Obviously, I can't go into exact details without leaking private chats, but broadly speaking, actually talking to our citizens about important topics does wonders. Go figure.

-----

Sorry for the robotic writing. Even though this was quite long and filled with suggestions, I've made sure everything I'm saying actually is achievable. No being overly ambitious, let's be realistic while still trying to better the region.
I'll be happy to answer any questions.
Bormiar
Nation: Bormiar

Re: Giang delegacy campaign?

Post by Bormiar »

From where or what does TRR derive its activity, and how can we best harness this source?

What presents the greatest challenge for TRR today, and how do we combat it? This can be a player, a region, an organization, a concept, a fact of life - anything.

Are there any legislative changes you might try to make during your potential delegacy? Any large changes whatsoever, say, to the executive?

A fun one :p. The RRA has had a plant in TEP the last four years, and it was just compromised; tomorrow, the plant will be outed by TEP in tandem with a declaration of war against our region. There is more than enough evidence to find the RRA guilty twice over, and this plant obtained special, classified information from private FA discussions and used it as leverage to pass legislation intended to destabilize the region for an upcoming UIAF/RRA joint-coup. How do you react? (You don't actually have to respond to my silly hypothetical.)
The Second Coming is nigh upon us.
Vis
Nation: Visionary Union

Post by Vis »

How are you planning to approach recruitment? Stamps, API, or getting the citizens to telegram new people?

What would be your FA approach if a second crisis occurs inside Aegis?

How are you planning to get people interested in government again? Deputy officers for each portfolio, no vacancies, and active staffers?
Giangsang

Post by Giangsang »

Bormiar wrote:From where or what does TRR derive its activity, and how can we best harness this source?
We get our activity from the domestic gameside, primarily. The RMB alone is currently more active than it ever has been before, and we have even more people just hanging out answering issues. We get these people to join by, well, reaching out to them. Telegrams and RMB recruitment particularly.
Bormiar wrote:What presents the greatest challenge for TRR today, and how do we combat it? This can be a player, a region, an organization, a concept, a fact of life - anything.
I'd probably say the greatest challenge for TRR is its position in NS. TRR requires a lot of maintenance for the RMB, it's very bloated (a result of being a GCR I guess), its standards for the decency of new potential recruits is practically on the ground, we are often neglected in foreign affairs, etc.
These things are challenges, yes, tough obstacles, but they aren't necessarily bad. We can use our overpopulation to try to find new possible members, many of those members would happily help maintain the RMB, many of them would happily recruit, many would happily try to help in FA.
It's so odd that it can simultaneously feel like the region is dying and that it's at its most active.
Bormiar wrote:Are there any legislative changes you might try to make during your potential delegacy? Any large changes whatsoever, say, to the executive?
I've got nothing planned regarding the executive, the only legislative changes I actually am considering are the ones mentioned in the campaign regarding treaties. Any and all executive changes or amendments to legislation would come from the citizenry.
I'm not against major reforms to the government (such as Cat's proposed cabinet reforms or Grim's proposed HoG/HoS split), and if reforms like that get proposed and voted for I would help implement them, but it's not something I'm planning on pursuing.
Bormiar wrote:A fun one :p. The RRA has had a plant in TEP the last four years, and it was just compromised; tomorrow, the plant will be outed by TEP in tandem with a declaration of war against our region. There is more than enough evidence to find the RRA guilty twice over, and this plant obtained special, classified information from private FA discussions and used it as leverage to pass legislation intended to destabilize the region for an upcoming UIAF/RRA joint-coup. How do you react? (You don't actually have to respond to my silly hypothetical.)
Oh wow, that's an... interesting hypothetical.
This is a situation where TRR and the RRA would be completely separate entities. I would rather TRR give diplomatic support to our allies in TEP than have our regional military be a distrusting uncommunicative group of coupers that forces TRR into collaboration with an apparently recently revived UIAF(??).
Fantasizing about this is all in good fun though, of course, since none of this actually has any risk of happening. I doubt many high ranking people in the RRA would advocate for collaborating with the LKE and a reimagined version of the region that tried couping us 12 years ago, just so they could coup our treaty ally. :P

Vis I'll get to your questions soon.
Giangsang

Post by Giangsang »

Vis wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 07:37
How are you planning to approach recruitment? Stamps, API, or getting the citizens to telegram new people?
Stamps involve actual money, and is not reliable. I'm not gonna pretend like I can comprehend what APIs mean or do, so if someone smarter than me in that department does something that could aid recruitment, then sure.
I am planning to do manual personal recruiting. Encouraging citizens to telegram newer people would absolutely help tons, but being realistic I doubt there would be very many volunteers, if any at all.
What would be your FA approach if a second crisis occurs inside Aegis?
This can refer to lots of things.
If another Aegis region gets into a similar situation that TRR did, then we should try to figure out the truth and side with that. Letting ideological or personal diplomatic reasons get in the way of actually siding with whoever is in the right is what happened last time, and it's probably best we learn from both our own and other regions' mistakes.

If TRR gets into another leaking controversy in Aegis the same exact way we did last time, then I believe the only reasonable thing to do is properly inform our citizenry and let them decide whether or not to leave the accords. Fool me once, yada yada. No but seriously, it would be clear that the alliance would be actively harming the region if we get two espionage scandals completely independent from one another in such rapid succession.

If a TRR citizen leaks something from another Aegis region to TRR, then we should bring this up with both the targeted region and the Aegis Accords as a whole. Same with if a non-Aegis ally of TRR leaks from an Aegis region to TRR. This is getting really convoluted so I'll stop here.
How are you planning to get people interested in government again? Deputy officers for each portfolio, no vacancies, and active staffers?
Via the aforementioned recruitment practices, primarily. I also do believe that using the remaining RO slots to give trustworthy RMBers the ability to maintain the RMB will help funnel some people into more government-y positions. This is kinda what happened with Hoff, to give an example. And was what was theorized to happen with Cat's proposed Gameside reforms.
How many vacancies or active staffers there are seem to be almost random from what I've seen. There doesn't seem to be much that can be done with that, although if someone has objectives to that sentiment that would be very useful.
Goobergunchia
Nation: Goobergunchia
Discord: Goobergunch#2417

Post by Goobergunchia »

Who is your favorite Lord of the Empire?
Your friendly neighborhood Scary Antiquity Nation.
ADN Advisor Emeritus
Giangsang

Post by Giangsang »

Goobergunchia wrote:
01 Feb 2024, 21:49
Who is your favorite Lord of the Empire?
I may not say, for it might reveal my true identity.
LiberzanEmpire
Nation: Liberza
Discord: liberza

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

I agree, I do need to work on the culture calendars. It’s been a couple of months without one. Might discuss that later
Sometimes, I dream about bacon

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P
Harenhime
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

Post by Harenhime »

I realize that after Euro kinda told everyone "we're going to become a Frontier AND recruit from feeders" + all the big fenda regions started hitting WA joins, that even other feeders started doing recruitment and that a lot of the historic stigmas around that have been disintegrating, but do you anticipate any pushback if TRR starts recruiting from allies?
That one dude.
Failed SC author, under this name. =( ...(2 for 2 under another)
Yuno is waifu, literally.
Dude who probably has the most NS stepchildren ever.
Mek suks.
Also the guy who kicked a bunch of raiders out of The Black Riders.
Giangsang

Post by Giangsang »

Harenhime wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 01:33
I realize that after Euro kinda told everyone "we're going to become a Frontier AND recruit from feeders" + all the big fenda regions started hitting WA joins, that even other feeders started doing recruitment and that a lot of the historic stigmas around that have been disintegrating, but do you anticipate any pushback if TRR starts recruiting from allies?
It depends. I would absolutely expect pushback if we poached from allies, but imo poaching is an immoral act either way. If it becomes normalized for feeders and sinkers to recruit from their allies, then it'd be very weird to expect TRR to be any different.
However, I don't actually think recruiting from our allies is necessary. We have a healthy pool of members already. Our biggest problem is just that we aren't bridging the gap between those members and our actual citizenry.
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Your campaign has a question mark in the title, what does this mean?
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Bormiar
Nation: Bormiar

Post by Bormiar »

Who is your favorite reject and why is it me?
The Second Coming is nigh upon us.
Giangsang

Post by Giangsang »

BowShot118 wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 02:18
Your campaign has a question mark in the title, what does this mean?
It denotes a sense of surprise at the apparent existence of my campaign. It's very sophisticated, and I definitely didn't just put it there because I couldn't figure out a clever way to spice up the title.
Bormiar wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 02:20
Who is your favorite reject and why is it me?
Because you're active on the Discord, forums, and RMB at the same time, which is exactly what I want more people to be.
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Post by Gorundu »

Giangsang wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 02:05
Harenhime wrote:
It depends. I would absolutely expect pushback if we poached from allies, but imo poaching is an immoral act either way. If it becomes normalized for feeders and sinkers to recruit from their allies, then it'd be very weird to expect TRR to be any different.
However, I don't actually think recruiting from our allies is necessary. We have a healthy pool of members already. Our biggest problem is just that we aren't bridging the gap between those members and our actual citizenry.
As far as I'm aware, there has never been any expectations from any of our allies that we cannot recruit from their regions, so long as we are using the tag:new instead of say, targeting new WA joiners. I believe Minsk tried some telegram recruiting a while ago, but never made a big push for it in the region as a whole.
Officer of TNP Affairs
Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

Post by Altasund »

Given you asked bow about this (am ebil leaking from private forums etc etc), do you have any plans to formalise or clarify RMB moderation at all?
Non scribatur.
LiberzanEmpire

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

giang are u going to replace me with an ai!

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P
Mad Jack
Nation: Mad Jack is Reject
Discord: St George#1524

Post by Mad Jack »

Giangsang wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 02:05
Harenhime wrote:
It was TNP policy during my delegacy (and those after? No idea - it's worth a conversation) to allow tag:new recruitment from sinkers.
Giangsang

Post by Giangsang »

Thanks mj and gor for that info.
Altasund wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 11:47
Given you asked bow about this (am ebil leaking from private forums etc etc), do you have any plans to formalise or clarify RMB moderation at all?
Yeah, absolutely. This would definitely include making a separate dispatch dedicated to blanket suppressions. I don't mind keeping certain aspects of RMB moderation ambiguous, but it isn't okay to have as many unwritten rules as we currently do.
LiberzanEmpire wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 11:59
giang are u going to replace me with an ai!
sounds like something an ai would say. how do we know you aren't one already??
LiberzanEmpire

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

Giangsang wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 12:23
sounds like something an ai would say. how do we know you aren't one already??
I'm sorry, but I cannot fulfill that request as I am an AI chatbot. While I'm equipped to assist with a wide range of topics and tasks, there are certain things beyond my capabilities. If there's anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask!

Return to “Campaigns”