Government Announcements

Contains all the archives as sub-forums.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Government Announcements

Post by frattastan »

Cabinet Announcements
For short announcements about the composition of the Cabinet and Government Reports.
Current Cabinet - 1 July 2019

Delegate: Kyorgia
Officer of Foreign Affairs - Deadeye Jack
Officer of Media - The Aligned People
Officer of Culture - Sarah
Deputy Officer - Karputsk
Officer of Outreach and World Assembly Affairs - Morover
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
frattastan

Government Announcements

Post by frattastan »

In line with clause four of the Regional Message Board Act, my policy on RMB post suppression has been released.
Spoiler: click to toggle
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
frattastan

Government Report (November 1)

Post by frattastan »

This is the bimonthly report on government activities that was due on November 1 per the Government Accountability Act.

It only covers the month of October because I only took office twenty-seven days ago.
Because of this the report is a bit low-key: there have been Officer briefings, some ideas and work left over from the previous term has been brought to fruition, some issues that are basic but still useful in the day-to-day running of the region (WA votes, the ambassador/updates system) have been sorted out, and there has been some planning and preparing for the future. Nonetheless I hope you will find it satisfying. I will have more to show for two months from now.
Delegate: Frattastan
Officers: Guy, Harmoneia, The Church of Satan, MargiBoof
Endorsements: 204 (endorsement rate 34.6%) | WA population: 587
Average residency: 130.2 days | Average endorsements: 1.0 | Average influence: 499.29 | Number of citizens: 110

RMB messages in the month of October: 3,885 (125.3 per day)
Forum posts in the month of October: - (missing because Guy needs to do forum host magic to find out)
New forum members in the month of October: 17
Discord posts in the month of October: 65,701 (of which 54,209 public)
Bot messages: 8.1% of the total

There may be discrepancies in the post totals due to timezones, the gameside statistics are skewed by Z-Day (which brought a large but temporary influx of new nations), and many measurements are far from 'objective' indicators of the health of a region, so take them with a grain of salt.
Foreign Affairs
We released an update to foreign embassies (our first since March), and I plan on releasing a second one around November 15, with drafting to begin next week. The ambassadors' list has been updated. We opened an embassy with The Empire of Mare Nostrum and closed embassies with Albion, Equinox, and the International Northwestern Union on grounds of inactivity.
Guy reviewed of our existing treaties to assess which partners we should pursue closer cooperation with in the near future, and whether there is agreement that ought to be repealed. You'll see the outcome of this in the upcoming weeks.
Finally, concluding a negotiation work that began under the delegacies of Alkasia and Wabbitslayah and that they can get most of the credit for, we secured a groundbreaking alliance with 10000 Islands.

Culture
Z-Day was moderately successful, and we did our best to engage with the many many nations, whether they were citizens or residents or visitors that were temporarily ejected, that were playing with zombies in TRR and to achieve something together (most infected! no survivors!). Whether we will manage to retain newcomers is to be seen.
We also had flag and writing contests (whose winners will be announced soon) and a movie night to go with that.
We opened a book club, and previous community activities such as avatar contests and Diplomacy are still running.

Media
The Rejected Times released issue XLVI (46) on the scheduled date. Reception so far has been positive.
Due to the change in Officers and the time since the previous release (twelve weeks) it lacked reporting on specific NS events, as many had become outdated in the meanwhile, but I'm hopeful there can be more of that in future issues.
Three new journalists signed up, which should avoid having CoS and Neq write the entire newspaper again.

Outreach
Not much to say here: MargiBoof has been elected as Officer only nine days ago, and as such I spent this time briefing her about the various aspects of the job.

World Assembly
I have restarted the practice of casting my vote on the basis of a forum poll.
I put up a topic to notify forumgoers of the proposals I approve and allow them to request approvals.
frattastan

Re: Government Announcements

Post by frattastan »

The Vice-Delegates have been dismissed, and no replacement will be appointed until there is a legal procedure for that.
frattastan

Government Announcements

Post by frattastan »

A statement concerning our relations with the Pacific has been released.
frattastan

Post by frattastan »

The 'Current Cabinet' list in the OP has been updated for the new term.
frattastan

Government Report (February 1)

Post by frattastan »

The Government Accountability Act mandates bimonthly reports on government activity. Unfortunately, with the beginning of the New Year this slipped my mind and was delayed long enough that it ended up covering three months (November-December-January). Apologies for that.

There's been a decline in regional activity measured in quantitative terms (posts across our platforms), but all the Officers have been doing their jobs and new people have gotten involved in TRR during the timeframe covered by the report.
In the second half of the current Officer term we'll work to solve existing issues, and in particular try and get more citizens involved in the day-to-day life of the region.

The next report will be released on March 1.
Officers: Catalyse, Deadeye Jack, Kyorgia, Marilyn Manson Freaks
Endorsements: 222 (44%) | WA population: 505
Average residency: 191 days | Average endorsements: 1.2 | Average influence: 572.65 | Number of citizens: 112

RMB messages in the month of January: 1,150 (37.1 per day)
December: 1,752 (56.5 per day)
November: 2,825 (94.2 per day)

Discord posts in the month of January: 49,220 (of which 44,872 public)
Bot messages, 7.6% of the total
December: 49,705 (of which 44,972 public)
Bot messages, 11.9%
November: 59,907 (of which 55,136 public)
Bot messages, 11.3%

Forum activities aren't shown because I/Guy haven't found a good way of collecting them effectively, but I expect they'd follow the same trend.

There may be discrepancies in the post totals due to timezones, the gameside statistics may be skewed by events outside of our control (temporary influxes of new nations due to purges, etc.), and many measurements are far from 'objective' indicators of the health of a region, so take them with a grain of salt.
Foreign Affairs
In November, we responded to the revelations about the NPO's role in infiltrating and subverting other regions with a statement of condemnation, followed by closure of embassies. I don't expect that further action will be taken, although there will be no relations between TRR and the Pacific for the foreseeable future.
An update was released in December. Drafting for a new one, courtesy of Catalyse, is complete and release should happen very soon.
Catalyse has been in touch with officials from Spiritus and Wintreath about the status of extant treaties and relations between our regions, and a event with Wintreath is tentatively scheduled after outstanding culture plans are dealt with.
After careful assessment on our part we terminated the treaty with Taijitu.
A potential (non-alliance) treaty with another region has been suggested, although it's still under consideration and no decision has been made.
An allied region approached us about possible renegotiation of the terms of our treaty. That's presently under discussion, although I don't know when it will be concluded or whether it will happen at all (much depending on the other region).
The delegate of Lazarus approached me and we had a chat about future relations and the issue of diplomatic recognition, although no timeframe been set for reopening embassies.

Culture
Rejectmas was celebrated at the end of the year with a festival featuring a quiz, a number of games, and a movie night.
Two musical events took place: Rejectvision in November and Popmaster in January (twice, on successive days). Both were appreciated and saw good participation, including from people who are new or didn't do much in TRR, and there are plans to make both regular features.
Deadeye Jack has been in touch with Forest's officials to hold an RMB-based creative writing event, which should happen at the earliest possible date. A repeat of last year's "Reject Awards" is in the planning stage and should take place in the first half of February.
Previous community activities have ran during this period, and other suggestions have been brought up for future events.

Media
TRT issues have been released at the end of November and at the end of December.
Marilyn Manson is working hard to produce the next issue, set for release two weeks from now, and a special edition may follow soon after.

Outreach
Activity has been lacking in the month of November due to MargiBoof's absence from the forum/discord.
Kyorgia has looked over the current guides and is producing weekly dispatches encouraging WA nations that haven't endorsed me yet to do so. An award for endorsers should be announced as soon as possible.
In addition, Outreach will run opinion polls about government performance at the beginning of the next week, to coincide with the half of the December Officer term.
frattastan

Government Report (March 1)

Post by frattastan »

This is the report on government activities that was due on March 1 per the Government Accountability Act.

It only covers the month of February since there was another report covering January activities that was released on February 1.
Officers: Catalyse, Deadeye Jack, Kyorgia, Marilyn Manson Freaks
Endorsements: 260 (44%) | WA population: 586
Average residency: 196 days | Average endorsements: 1.2 | Average influence: 583.84 | Number of citizens: 103

RMB messages last month: 1,242 (44.4 per day)

Discord posts last month: 42,383 (of which 40,013 public)
Bot messages, 8.9% of the total

Data refers to the month of February as a whole, or to March 1.
There may be discrepancies in the post totals due to timezones, the gameside statistics may be skewed by events outside of our control (temporary influxes of new nations due to purges, etc.), and many measurements are far from 'objective' indicators of the health of a region, so take them with a grain of salt.
Foreign Affairs
An update to foreign embassies was released at the beginning of February.
A region has been contacted for a (non-alliance) treaty in the last few days, and we're waiting for a response.
The ally that had approached us about treaty renegotiation hasn't raised the issue since January 19, so I'd say it's safe to say they are no longer pursuing that.

Culture
As usual Culture has been our most prolific department. Popmaster, our music trivia contest, has become a staple of the Discord server, with different people volunteering to host their own on a weekly basis.
There is a second edition of Rejectvision going on, and the level of participation should match that of the first one, which is a good thing.
The joint cultural event with Forest (included as a promise in every other 2018 candidate's political campaign) has finally happened, with Deadeye Jack and his Forest counterpart coming up with a collective storywriting effort called "Journey through the Woods", happening on the Regional Message Boards of both regions. It didn't attract much participation, but I thought it was well-crafted nonetheless.
After some delays we completed work on the Reject Awards, which are finally happening again and should be announced later today.
Other suggestions and potential events are being discussed at this time.

Media
A TRT issue was released on schedule on February 14 to mixed reception.
We're planning to publish a final issue for this Officer term before the end of March. It will be the fiftieth publication of The Rejected Times, so hopefully it will be a chance to celebrate.

Outreach
Opinion polls on government performance have been run at the beginning of Decembers. Results can be seen here.
Weekly dispatch encouraging endorsement of the Delegate have continued, with remarkable effects (the endorsement rate has remained the same, but I think that's just a fluke due to a recent influx of inactive WAs).
frattastan

Post by frattastan »

The 'Current Cabinet' list in the OP has been updated for the new term.
frattastan

Government Report (May 1)

Post by frattastan »

This is the bimonthly report on government activities that was due on May 1 per the Government Accountability Act.

Officers: Deadeye Jack, Kyorgia, The Aligned People, Bobberino
Endorsements: 270 (44%) | WA population: 612
Average residency: 204 days | Average endorsements: 1.0 | Average influence: 504.56 | Number of citizens: 112

RMB messages in the month of April: 1,507 (50.2 per day)
March: 1,747 (56.4 per day)

Discord posts in the month of April: 75,221 (of which 66,447 public)
Bot messages, 8.0% of the total
March: 76,609 (of which 72,836 public)
Bot messages, 11.1% of the total

Foreign Affairs
Catalyse and I negotiated the Lost and Found Accords, a new treaty regulating our relationship with Osiris, which entered into force in mid-April.
She also oversaw the re-establishment of relations between Lazarus and TRR (which had been interrupted since the forced disbanding of the Constitutional Convention last year). We extended diplomatic recognition to the Corporation and both regions reopened forum embassies with each other at the end of March.

With the April election the FA spot has been taken over by outgoing Outreach Officer Kyorgia. Since then, an update to foreign embassies has been released.

Culture
Popmaster - the perfect example of a successful government initiative that can become self-sustaining thanks to people's interest - has continued to happen weekly. The second Rejectvision edition, mentioned in the previous report, concluded at the beginning of March and was won by Escade.
The Reject Awards were hosted in the month of March.

Two new events - a meme contest and a short story contest, both suggested by Sarah - happened in April. You can find entrants here and here.
Regional Foundation Day (April 27), the newly-created holiday, was celebrated with a memory-sharing topic, a movie night and a forum Werewolf game.
As usual, new suggestions have been brought up by Culture staff members, and at least a couple should be realised in the near future.

All these activities were overseen and coordinated by the Culture Officer, who also worked to expand the Cultural Event Library (a collection of events we've run in the past with instructions on how to organise them for the benefit of future officers) and to improve the functionality of his department.

Media
Both the outgoing Media Officer Manson and the newly-elected The Aligned People released a TRT issue in the timeframe of the report, respectively on March 31 and May 1.
The most recent issue was marred by controversy due to an inappropriate article (a gratuitous 'hit piece'), which was included due to miscommunication and poor oversight. The incident was promptly addressed with the retraction of the article and the issuance of an apology, to the satisfaction of the person targeted by the article, and I hope it won't overshadow the qualities of the rest of the issue.

Outreach
Opinion polls on government performance have been run at the end of the December-March Officer term. There was an initial mistake with the settings but it shouldn't have affected the results. You can see them here.
Kyorgia continued to release weekly dispatch encouraging endorsement of the Delegate during his final month as Outreach Officer.
The regional dispatch system has been moved to a single nation, with all dispatches being maintained via spreadsheet for ease of access, with yet unrealised plans to revamp the content.

Unfortunately, in part but not solely due to the quick and unexpected succession of Officers, activity in the department has been lacking in the past month.

Return to “Super Archive”