Government Announcements - Jamie

Contains all the archives as sub-forums.
Cove
Nation: Chimes
Discord: JamieNS#9042

Government Announcements - Jamie

Post by Cove »

I would like to began by thanking everyone who supported me in the election and I hope to make you all proud. Being elected delegate is a privilidge and I look forward to getting stuck in, so to speak. To begin with, I must address the issue regarding the cabinet, of course with myself being elevated to the delegacy, this means we now have two positions in effect uncovered.

However, after discussions with my cabinet, there will be a small reshuffle of the incumbent officers pending the results of the impending officer challenge.

Foreign Affairs - Neq
Neq has done incredible in their term as Officer of Foreign Affairs and has really hit the ground running with regards to improving our ambasaddor system and negociating the WA Block. I am more than pleased to keep them in this position in my cabinet and look forward to working with them more.

Culture - Nakari
Nakari is one of the most enthuastic culture focused individuals I've ever encountered in NS - so it shouldn't be to anyone's suprise that I am indeed keeping them in this role. Throughout this term a number of interregional events have been scheduled, one in which TRR will be an organiser for the first time and I look forward to working with Nakari on this. Nakari also fully envisions my cards passion, being one of the highest ranked nations in the region for deck value and I look forward to developing card events with them.

World Assembly - Robespierre
This will be the big change to my cabinet, Robes will be moving to the officer of WA Affairs. Robes shares my vision for domestic WA growth and my hope for more TRR authors to come forward and author proposals (myself included, I hope!) and I look forward to developing the WA program with them.

Outreach - Jamie/Outreach Team
Outreach will remain in a similar position to the previous term pending result of the Officer election, I will do regular endorsement runs and welcome new citizens and nations to the region as appropriate, and will be supported by the incredible outreach team in regards to regular endorsement dispatches and RMB posts.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to serving the region as your delegate!
~ Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms ~
~ Former Officer for the World Assembly ~
~ Ex-Speaker of The Rejected Realms Assembly (2 Terms) ~
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Re: Government Announcements - Jamie

Post by Cove »

WA Block Representatives

In accordance with the requirements of the treaty, my initial WA Block Delegation is as follows:

Jamie
Neq
Sarah
Frattastan

Fratt will be serving on a short term basis in order to help with the initial start up of the block so membership may change further down the line.

Furthermore, WA Staff members can pass on any feedback or recommendations to myself and they will presented to the block as appropriate.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

RMB Policy

In order to resolve any issues with a RMB suppression policy going forward, I have released my new RMB rules - which are linked in the WFE accordingly.

I have highlighted the changes below.
Multi-Posting
Multi-posting is when someone posts more than once without someone else having posted in between.
When it comes to moderating Multi-posts, we have a 3 Strike Rule.
Strike 1 - First Offense. No official warning will be given, simply a reminder to use the edit button.
Strike 2 - You will be officially warned and reminded of the rules
Strike 3 - You will have the multi-post, and any further multi-posts suppressed.
Exceptions to the rule:
- Posting 3 or more times in a row. This is spam, and will be suppressed regardless of content.
- Double posts containing meaningful content will not be suppressed. "Meaningful content" is defined by the moderator.
- The rule does not apply if it has been 30 minutes from your last post
Don't Multi-post, use the edit button if you have more to say.
I have moved the policy from one warning > suppress to a three strike system. We are the region of second chances and it's important to me to have a balance to between leniancy and fair.

The other small change in policy will be regarding to suppressing individuals banned from the Forum/Discord is I will be allowing RO's of the RMB to operate with their own discretion, there won't be a mandated suppress all rule, but if any of these indviduals cause issues on the rmb then they would be suppressed as appropriate. Likewise, if they engaged in a repeated pattern of bad behaviour on the RMB, the same rules would apply.

Full Dispatch Link: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1269269
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

Officer Update

As a result of the conclusion of the recent election, I am appointing Aga to Officer of Outreach - Aga has shown real passion for outreach and has a number of ideas to improve engagement and get people involved in the region and I look forward to working with them.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

WA Voting Update
After consolution with the cabinet, we have decided to add a new feature to the WA Voting process - RMB voting! From the 12th February, WA Residents can now lodge their vote on the rmb of Rejected WA Office - which will be counted towards the tally appropriately. In order to prevent abuse, there are restrictions in place for votes to be counted here.
  • Votes can only be counted once - people who voted on the forum and rmb can only have one vote.
  • Non-Citizen WA Voters must have been endorsing the delegate for 7 days before being able to vote.
  • WA Voters must have been endorsing the delegate for the entirety of the vote - unless they hold citizenship.
  • Anyone banned from off-site forum or discord is not allowed to vote.
  • Citizens can still vote by either forum or rmb. as they prefer.
The proposed format for RMB Voting would be as follows:

Code: Select all

TRR Nation: 
Do you hold Citizenship on the forum?: Yes/No

Vote: 
The latter would be to allow non WA citizens to vote on the rmb, if they so prefer. Votes would be checked throughout votes as normal. The reasoning for this is the amount of active WA residents we have on the site that are not active forum side, it is important that if they have opinions on WA issues, we represent them appropriately, this also gives existing forum WA voters an alternative way to vote if they so prefer.

If you have any questions please direct them to my delegate's question thread. Thank you!
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

Grea Kriopia will be joining the WA Bloc delegation.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

This is the bimonthly report on government activity as mandated by the Government Accountability Act. This report covers the months of January and February.
Delegate: Jamie
Officers: Robespierre, Nakari, Neq, Aga

Endorsements: 191 (43%) | WA population: 442
Average residency: 197.75 | Average endorsements: 1.21 | Average influence: 694.07 | Number of citizens: 123

RMB messages in the month of January: 5,075 (163 posts per day)
RMB messages in the month of February: 6,375 (227 posts per day)

January
80,730 messages of which 62,276 are public
Bot percentage 4.9%

February
63,903 messages of which 43,658 public
Bot percentage 3.4%

I asked each Officer for summaries of what they are working on which are posted below.

Culture - Officer Nakari
The Culture Calendar has been going well with plenty of activities occuring. I'm currently finalizing the Calendar for this month and hope to include more events with our diplomatic partners. This month will also include the Reject Awards.
Foreign Affairs - Officer Nequedum
The Department of Foreign Affairs is currently in the process of ensuring our most recent Foreign Update, XXXIII, has been sent out to all of our embassies alongside our ambassadors still undertaking weekly tasks. This Diplomatic Corps reform has seen the productivity of the Department rise substantially and I have been extremely pleased by with its implementation, thanks to support from Robes, and how it has been received by the citizenry. A huge thank you to all the ambassadors that have taken part in this new venture for our region!

Regarding future projects, our Department has a few backroom dealings in store for you all but I'm afraid I am not at liberty to reveal much more.
Outreach - Officer Aga
Outreach Regular Projects: Outreach is currently running regular NNE dispatches and RMB awards. These help increase the engagement with the region and increase the endorsements on the delegate. Outreach has also run one opinion poll and is in the process of running one endorsement card draw, with the possibility of them becoming a regular feature in the near future.

Other Projects: The TRR Guide is now very close to completion. We are also working on TGing all citizenship applicants who have indicated an interest in the executive with details on how to apply.

Future Projects: currently we only have one future project in the pipeline before the term ends, which is the citizenship notification project. All nations who wish to receive citizenship pings on-site may be able to sign up to do so.

For more information, you can view the regular outreach updates here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=10031948
World Asssembly - Officer Robespierre
The question of increased domestic authorship and how to best achieve that has been something that the WA Staff and I have addressed over the course of the past few weeks. I feel as though in the future we’ll have a nice string of quality proposals coming down the pipeline, specifically in the SC, from TRR authors, as a result of these discussions.

I’m happy that my Office will be able to support our community members in their endeavors to write quality proposals and I’m more than happy to see Rejects voting earlier and voting more often under the current Delegate’s administration

Additionally, the Delegate and I have also worked consciously on bringing more voting power to gameside nations via the opening of the “Rejected WA Office” region. It’s important that those who are interested in the WA, regardless of where they primarily participate in our community, are able to have their input heard and have it factor into how our Delegate votes. I’m glad to see us bringing more power to them and I think that the efforts to consistently update the templates that we use to announce votes and discussions have been paying off as far as promotion for these new voting avenues goes

All and all, I’d say we’re on the right track.
Delegate - Jamie
Proirities over the last few months have been organising our role within the Partnership of Sovreignity and appointing representatives, the team of which is currently myself, Neq, Sarah, Fratt and Grea Kriopia. Other priorities have been the drafting of the foreign update, which has just been released. Nakari's cultural calender implementation has continued as planned. Outreach is now is being controlled by Aga who has hit the ground running with an outreach staff schedule as well as working on guides. The new WA Voting scheme is generating increased interest and as delegate I shall endevour to vote early to reflect the views of citizens and WA residents.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

Cabinet Announcements - April 2021

In light of the conclusion of the recent elections, I will be making the following appointments.

Officer of Culture - Grea Kriopia
Deputy Officer - TBA
In light of Grea's platform, I believe Culture is the area that she can flourish in the most and I look forward to seeing her ideas in practice.
Officer of Outreach - Agalaesia
Deputy Officer - TBA
Aga has done excellent work at progressing with the Outreach program and creating new guides and refining existing dispatches and I look forward to seeing them continue their overhaul this term.
Officer of the World Assembly - Chipmunker
Deputy Officer - TBA
Chip's area of expertise firmly lies in the area of the WA and I look forward to seeing what they can bring to the table.
Officer of Foreign Affairs - Dyl
Deputy Officer - TBA
I never had any doubts that FA was the area Dyl belonged upon seeing their platform. FA is also the area I intend to be most involved in within this term and look forward to a fruitful partnership together in this area.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Forum permissions should be sorted out. If something is screwy or there are some abilities missing (stickies, announcements), let me know.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Cove

Post by Cove »

This is the bimonthly report on government activity as mandated by the Government Accountability Act. This report covers the months of March and April.
Delegate: Jamie
Officers: Grea Kriopia, Dyl, Aga, Chipmunker

Endorsements: 207 (44%) | WA population: 436
Average residency: 188.56 | Average endorsements: 0.98 | Average influence: 626.23 | Number of citizens: 125

RMB messages in the month of March: 4,865 (156 posts per day)
RMB messages in the month of April: 6,255 (208 posts per day)

March
63,505 messages of which 49,647 public
Bot percentage 2.0%

April
54,056 messages of which 40,491 public
Bot percentage 3.6%

I asked each Officer for summaries of what they are working on which are posted below.

Culture - Officer Grea Kriopia
I've been working with Culture staff to run the partial April Culture Calendar, and we've begun planning for May's Calendar. Twice-weekly RMB events have brought some wacky and fun gameside interactions, in addition to seeing the promising activity for Werewolf Wednesdays on discord! April also saw green Earth Day celebrations with TEP, Spiritus, and Forest plus a TRR Birthday Bash to celebrate the region's creation Reject-style. Looking ahead to May, you can expect to see a Game Weekend with Founderless and hopefully a Eurovision event with XKI/Thaecia on top of continued calendar activities.
Foreign Affairs - Officer Dyl
The first few weeks of the term were largely focused on a review of our current embassies and treaties, which involved an extensive evaluation and group discussion of each. We’re also currently in the process of preparing and delivering Foreign Update XXXIV. The next month will see us begin to push forward with several of our larger-scale plans, including the expansion of the Diplomatic Corps, cultural collaboration, and a few more behind-the-scenes matters that are probably best left private for now.
Outreach - Officer Aga
For the start of this term, I've been getting the ball rolling on several projects to complete for the rest of this term. Here's what happened:

- We're looking into coding arrangements and automation

- We've been running Outreach projects such as NNEs and Awards regularly

- Open Planning which allows humans to plan events without signing up to any departments has been set up

- Another Delegacy Endorsement Cards Draw!

Here's what will happen over the next month:

- Outreach will set up a badge program to reward people for working and participating in certain events. The badges will be displayed on a master dispatch of badges and on forum profiles.

- Dispatch re-organisation and unification will see it's first light with dispatches being reformatted and connected.

- Issues Answering contest which will have nations compete on getting to the top of certain statistics - there will be more on this later.

- Every regularly scheduled project will continue on as normal.
World Asssembly - Officer Chipmunker
Despite coming off a slow start where I was unable to get anything done due to real life, the WA Office has worked to increase it's effectiveness, with staffers being assigned their tasks for the term and formal voting recommendations on resolutions having been re-introduced. We've had some great debates and discussions in our threads due to the work of staff to encourage these activities, and started to log past delegacy voting records. In the next month we'll continue with recommendations, internal votes, and the retroactive logging.
Delegate - Jamie
A new cabinet means exciting opportunities for progression - this term will focus on building existing relations old and new in the NS world as well as growth internally through the mentorship scheme being worked on by Aga as well as the WA Office goals of encouraging domestic authorship as well as the relaunching of regular WA recommendations.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

Statement on New Pacific Order-The Rejected Realms Relations
Almost five years ago, the Peace Accords between the New Pacific Order and The Rejected Realms were declared null and void following a contentious year of relations between the two. However, circumstances and perspectives have shifted since then, and the governments of each region have agreed that now is the time to reconcile and begin to rebuild relations. As such, The Pacific and The Rejected Realms have begun the process of constructing embassies in hopes of working towards future communication and congeniality.

The government of The Rejected Realms looks forward to positive future relations with the New Pacific Order.

Chimes, Delegate of The Rejected Realms
Dyllypoly, Foreign Affairs Officer
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

Statement on NPO Embassy Closure

Due to recent events, regarding The Pacific within The Rejected Realms, I have liased with Xoriet and they have advised they do not wish to cause further internal drama - in particular making long term members leave. As such, the embassy between The Pacific and The Rejected Realms has been withdrawn. My support for the embassy is unchanged and I am saddened that it has come to this, but I will respect the decision by The Pacific. It is also my hope this will bring an end to any internal tensions brought about by this embassy.

Chimes, Delegate of The Rejected Realms
~ Former RRA Officer ~

Return to “Super Archive”