Resolution on NS moderation standards

A forum containing past Assembly discussions.

Moderator: Speaker

Guy

Resolution on NS moderation standards

Post by Guy »

The Rejected Realms Assembly finds:

1. Content that vilifies or humiliates a person or group of persons on the basis of their gender, gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability, or any other minority is categorically unacceptable. The Rejected Realms' status as a region of nations that have been ejected from other regions does not make such content more acceptable.

2. Beyond its effect on persons who are directly vilified or humiliated, allowing such content radicalises and facilitates the organisation of far-right groups.

3. NationStates openly allows, solicits, and causes the publication of such content.

4. Individual NationStates moderators share responsibility for its failures.

The Rejected Realms Assembly:

1. Supports all persons who have been affected by such content.

2. Condemns NationStates and its moderation team for failing to deliver acceptable moderation standards.

3. Calls on all NationStates moderators to consider whether their continued participation in the moderation team is consistent with their conscience and values.

4. Requires the Delegate to post this resolution as a dispatch and to pin it as the top dispatch.
I envisage this as a statement of where we stand as a region. More detail can be included, including fully developing the arguments, but it might be better to keep this short and sweet.
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Re: Resolution on NS moderation standards

Post by Gorundu »

I feel like such a resolution is as useful as Python's petition against the Frontiers/Strongholds change. Which is to say, not at all. This won't do any favours if our ultimate goal is to convince NS moderation to change their rules. Creating detailed arguments and a list of specific changes is what we need.
Officer of TNP Affairs
thechurchofsatan

Post by thechurchofsatan »

Gor is correct. This won't achieve anything, and we've long taken the position that hateful views are unacceptable as a default social policy in our community. We don't need a declaration-esque affirmation of it enshrined in regional law. Nor do we need to express our frustration with NS Moderation on the matter enshrined in law.

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Post by Catalyse »

Nothing against resolutions, which probably would have been of more use in the NPO embassy debacle, :P , but I don't like the thought of IC government crossing into OOC issues like NS moderation. I wince at the statements some regions made about the frontier/stronghold thing, and I wince at this.
Formerly former things.

Return to “Discussion”