Induct Zyonn into the Hall of Fame

A forum containing past Assembly discussions.

Moderator: Speaker

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Induct Zyonn into the Hall of Fame

Post by Manson »

Zyonn
Inducted on _____
The first (according to Kandarin) of many that found themselves in The Rejected Realms after ejection by the burgeoning New Pacific Order, Zyonn swiftly embraced her newfound role as a Reject, arguably developing the community as a whole during the next decade and defining what it means to be rejected.

In her case, rejection meant pride and integrity. Zyonn exemplified these values through her longevity, remaining a member of the community for more than a decade. Despite not holding political office, in her capacity she served as an RRA Officer at the head of a platoon for a few years and as Vice Delegate for seven years until her resignation in 2018.

Deeply involved in regional culture, she helped build the “Kandy’s BBQ” theme that we know and love today through her in-character roleplay contributions and forum posts.

Outside of The Rejected Realms she was, at one point, Security Commissioner and later High Commissioner of Lazarus. This period was a tense and anarchic time for the region, as the sitting Delegate had gone inactive and Zyonn was expected, along with the cabinet, to pick up the reins. She was to assume the delegacy, that much is known, but this did not happen due to the region’s unpredictable and frankly unstable environment.

Overall, Zyonn is known across the world as a stateswoman, soldier, rum enthusiast, and goddess. Without her, TRR would definitely not as storied of a region as it is today.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Guy

Re: Induct Zyonn into the Hall of Fame

Post by Guy »

Not marked up, but some suggested changes below:
The first (according to Kandarin) of many who found themselves in The Rejected Realms after ejection by the burgeoning New Pacific Order, Zyonn swiftly embraced her newfound role as a Reject, arguably developing the community as a whole during the next decade and defining what it means to be a Reject.

In her case, rejection meant pride and integrity. Zyonn exemplified these values through her longevity, remaining a member of the community for more than a decade. Despite not holding political office, in her capacity she served as an RRA Officer at the head of a platoon for a few years and as Vice Delegate for seven years until her resignation in 2018.

Zyonn was deeply involved in regional culture, and helped build the “Kandy’s BBQ” theme we know and love today through her in-character roleplay contributions and forum posts.

Outside of the Rejected Realms she was, at one point, Security Commissioner and later High Commissioner of Lazarus. This period was a tense and anarchic time for the region, as the sitting Delegate had gone inactive and Zyonn was expected, along with the cabinet, to pick up the reins. She was to assume the delegacy, but this did not happen due to the region’s unstable environment.

Overall, Zyonn is known across the world as a stateswoman, soldier, rum enthusiast, and deity of the Church of Zyonn. Without her, TRR would definitely not as storied of a region as it is today.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Guy wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 02:56
Not marked up, but some suggested changes below:
The first (according to Kandarin) of many who found themselves in The Rejected Realms after ejection by the burgeoning New Pacific Order, Zyonn swiftly embraced her newfound role as a Reject, arguably developing the community as a whole during the next decade and defining what it means to be a Reject.

Zyonn was deeply involved in regional culture, and helped build the “Kandy’s BBQ” theme we know and love today through her in-character roleplay contributions and forum posts.

Outside of the Rejected Realms she was, at one point, Security Commissioner and later High Commissioner of Lazarus. This period was a tense and anarchic time for the region, as the sitting Delegate had gone inactive and Zyonn was expected, along with the cabinet, to pick up the reins. She was to assume the delegacy, but this did not happen due to the region’s unstable environment.

Overall, Zyonn is known across the world as a stateswoman, soldier, rum enthusiast, and deity of the Church of Zyonn. Without her, TRR would definitely not as storied of a region as it is today.
I like these changes but I didn’t want to outright mention Zyonnism because people will vote against due to that. :P

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Guy

Post by Guy »

I don't think 'goddess' makes sense in any other context - either it's about the Church of Zyonn, or it should be removed. (I mean, fratt is a goddess too, but we didn't induct him into the HoF for that.)
Manson

Post by Manson »

Guy wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 06:50
I don't think 'goddess' makes sense in any other context - either it's about the Church of Zyonn, or it should be removed. (I mean, fratt is a goddess too, but we didn't induct him into the HoF for that.)
That’s fair. Anyone have any other revisions and/or suggestions this morning?

Manson

Post by Manson »

According to Kandarin, the first of many who found themselves in The Rejected Realms after ejection by the burgeoning New Pacific Order; Zyonn swiftly embraced her newfound role as a Reject, arguably developing the community as a whole during the next decade and defining what it means to be a Reject.

Overall, Zyonn is known across the world as a stateswoman, soldier, rum enthusiast, and deity of the Church of Zyonn. Without her, TRR would definitely not be as storied of a region as it is today.
Guy’s edits plus more edits of mine.

Guy

Post by Guy »

According to Kandarin, Zyonn was the first of many who found themselves in The Rejected Realms after ejection by the burgeoning New Pacific Order. Zyonn swiftly embraced her newfound role as a Reject, developing the community as a whole during the next decade and defining what it means to be a Reject.

In Zyonn's case, rejection meant pride and integrity. Zyonn exemplified these values through her longevity, remaining a member of the community for more than a decade. Despite not holding political office, she served as an RRA Officer at the head of a platoon for a few years and as Vice Delegate for seven years until her resignation in 2018.

Overall, Zyonn is known across the world as a stateswoman, soldier, rum enthusiast, and deity of the Church of Zyonn. Without her, TRR would definitely not be as storied of a region as it is today.
A couple of minor improvements to the wording.
Manson

Post by Manson »

I’m very satisfied with your latest draft, Guy. Does anyone else have any more additions?

Manson

Post by Manson »

If not, I’d like to present Guy’s latest draft to the citizenry for the proper motions so we can get this to vote. :)

Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Post by Deadeye Jack »

I'm not sure the parts about what she did outside of TRR sit well with me. This is TRR's Hall of Fame for contributions to TRR, is it not? Otherwise Guy's edits look better
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Manson

Post by Manson »

Deadeye Jack wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 20:56
I'm not sure the parts about what she did outside of TRR sit well with me. This is TRR's Hall of Fame for contributions to TRR, is it not? Otherwise Guy's edits look better
Sedge and CG’s Hall of Fame entries mention their coup of TSP and defending. Additionally CG’s mentions the Pacific and Nai’s mentions Equilism. I don’t see the issue here but I do agree I prefer the most recent draft Guy published.

Salem
Nation: Dakota
Discord: dakadak

Post by Salem »

Manson wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 04:23

Overall, Zyonn is known across the world as a stateswoman, soldier, rum enthusiast, and deity of the Church of Zyonn.
I'm really uncomfortable with how personality cult-ish the last sentence sounds. Would be against this due to this line. Don't really know how I'd fix this aside from just having it removed.
he/him
frattastan wrote: All the raiders died on first night, that's what matters.
guy wrote: Yeah makes sense. Just go to Koth
Fuck you’re a weird unit sometimes
But yeah shit in peace.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Salem wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 03:02
Manson wrote:

Overall, Zyonn is known across the world as a stateswoman, soldier, rum enthusiast, and deity of the Church of Zyonn.
I'm really uncomfortable with how personality cult-ish the last sentence sounds. Would be against this due to this line. Don't really know how I'd fix this aside from just having it removed.
It was originally much more subtle. :P

thechurchofsatan

Post by thechurchofsatan »

Given how much time has passed since the last post, I hereby motion this to vote.

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Guy

Post by Guy »

Salem wrote:
Manson wrote:

Do you think the whole sentence should be removed, or just "deity of the Church of Zyonn"? I share some discomfort about the latter, but I think the rest of the sentence is okay.
thechurchofsatan wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 14:44
Given how much time has passed since the last post, I hereby motion this to vote.
I think debate has evidently not exhausted, so I will not yet be putting this to a vote.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Guy wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 11:35
Salem wrote:
Manson wrote:

Do you think the whole sentence should be removed, or just "deity of the Church of Zyonn"? I share some discomfort about the latter, but I think the rest of the sentence is okay.
thechurchofsatan wrote:
I think debate has evidently not exhausted, so I will not yet be putting this to a vote.
If we leave in goddess instead, I feel like it’s less uncomfortable. What are everyone’s thoughts on that? If everyone is still adamantly against it, leaving it out works for me.

Guy

Post by Guy »

Manson wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 15:05
Guy wrote:
Salem wrote:

thechurchofsatan wrote:
If we leave in goddess instead, I feel like it’s less uncomfortable. What are everyone’s thoughts on that? If everyone is still adamantly against it, leaving it out works for me.
As I said, I regard that as much worse. It is definitely more strange without context.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Guy wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 15:14
Manson wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 15:05
Guy wrote:

As I said, I regard that as much worse. It is definitely more strange without context.
We can just outright remove it then. As I said on Discord, “I don’t care overall about mentioning Zyonnism, it’s an insignificant footnote in Zyonn’s actual time here”.

It’s completely alright to remove and does nothing but pad the proposal at hand.

Manson

Post by Manson »

My proposed final draft:
According to Kandarin, Zyonn was the first of many who found themselves in The Rejected Realms after ejection by the burgeoning New Pacific Order. Zyonn swiftly embraced her newfound role as a Reject, developing the community as a whole during the next decade and defining what it means to be a Reject.

In Zyonn's case, rejection meant pride and integrity. Zyonn exemplified these values through her longevity, remaining a member of the community for more than a decade. Despite not holding political office, she served as an RRA Officer at the head of a platoon for a few years and as Vice Delegate for seven years until her resignation in 2018.

Overall, Zyonn is known across the world as a stateswoman, soldier, rum enthusiast, and icon. Without her, TRR would definitely not be as storied of a region as it is today.

Manson

Post by Manson »

I’d like it if someone could second my latest draft so we could get it to a vote and either reject it or make use of it. Thanks.

BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Manson wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 15:58
I’d like it if someone could second my latest draft so we could get it to a vote and either reject it or make use of it. Thanks.
Seconded
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Guy

Post by Guy »

I’ll put this up to a vote tomorrow.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Guy wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 12:47
I’ll put this up to a vote tomorrow.
Cool, thanks.

Return to “Discussion”