Consultation: Proposed WA Voting Policy

A forum containing past Assembly discussions.

Moderator: Speaker

Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Consultation: Proposed WA Voting Policy

Post by Gorundu »

I think it's time for the government to adopt a formal WA Voting Policy, and I thought it's best that the Assembly is consulted on it before it is adopted. Here is a draft which I have come up with and consulted with the Cabinet on. The most important clause here is probably the last one, which essentially says the Delegate can change the vote based on regional interest - i.e. defender principles, protecting allies.
1. The WA Office should open a discussion and voting thread for a proposal as soon as possible when it is expected that the proposal will reach a vote.

2. Anyone may vote in the thread if they are a citizen, or a non-citizen with a WA nation in the region, for the duration of the vote.

3. The Delegate will vote in line with the regional interest. By default, the regional interest is to vote according to the forum vote.

4. The Delegate may vote at their discretion if the forum vote is tied for over 24 hours after the beginning of the in-game vote. If they choose to do so, they must provide a justification on the forum thread.

5. The Delegate may vote contrary to the forum vote if voting a particular way on a proposal is more consistent with regional policy as expressed by the Assembly in legislation and treaties. If they choose to do so, they must provide a justification on the forum thread.
Things I have considered but would like to listen to more opinions on:
- Allowing the Delegate to vote at their discretion if there are less than, say 3 votes in the thread, or perhaps restricting their ability to vote until there are more votes.
- Restricting the Delegate from voting in the first 24 hours if the margin is close (maybe 1 or 2 votes difference)
Officer of TNP Affairs
Spartan Termopylae

Re: Consultation: Proposed WA Voting Policy

Post by Spartan Termopylae »

Isn't this negated by us being in some voting bloc or some such? I seem to recall something along those lines
The written word is one of the most precious things known to man.

We have barely reached a point where most appreciate this.

Wr addre nearing the point where were loose this
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Re: Consultation: Proposed WA Voting Policy

Post by Gorundu »

Spartan Termopylae wrote:
08 Jul 2022, 17:08
Isn't this negated by us being in some voting bloc or some such? I seem to recall something along those lines
No. The voting bloc we are in doesn’t oblige us to vote in a particular way on any resolution. It can issue collective recommendations, but not make us vote a certain way.
Officer of TNP Affairs

Return to “Discussion”