A WA Discussion

A forum containing past Assembly discussions.

Moderator: Speaker

Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

A WA Discussion

Post by Gorundu »

Citizens,

When I ran to be WA Officer, my ultimate goal was to work towards the objectives set out by Guy a couple months ago in his non-campaign campaign (even if I didn't say so at the time because I didn't want to set unrealistic expectations):
WA: Ensure our regional interests are represented in the WA. Promote local GA/SC authorship. Promote robust debate of WA resolutions on the forums. Engage on-site in the WA.
However, in trying to work towards these objectives, I've realised that there are significant obstacles for each of them. So I want to put it out to the citizens to see if together, we can find ways to overcome some of these. I'll be going through and detailing my thoughts on each of the objectives.

Ensure our regional interests are represented in the WA: For this one, I do have something that I think will help - check it out here. But otherwise I'm unsure what else we can do here beyond what we already do with the PfS (which is less my purview and more of the Delegate's anyway).

Promote local GA/SC authorship: This one is pretty much a lost cause to me. It's simply not how things work in reality - regions can't encourage authorship, people become authors by participating in the WA forums, or existing authors find regions to settle in based on their interests and needs. We can help any citizens interested in writing a proposal, but that's really on a case-by-case basis.

Promote robust debate of WA resolutions on the forums: My idea of proposal overviews is largely targeted at this objective - I had hoped that with easier-to-understand breakdowns of proposals, it could encourage people to discuss more. But I've come to realise that the work probably isn't worth it - in the GA there just doesn't seem to be many people who would be more interested because of the overviews. You can't have robust debates when there are only one or two people interested in talking about it. As for the SC...let's just say when opinions are already pre-determined, there's not much point to having debates.

Engage on-site in the WA: I think it comes down to interest again. Reading through discussions on the WA forum is exhausting. Could pinging WA staff more work? Possibly, but I feel unlikely.

So, what do we think? Are these objectives realistic? Are there different ways we can achieve these objectives?
Officer of TNP Affairs

Return to “Discussion”