Closure of Forum and In-Game Embassies with United Kingdom

A forum containing past Assembly discussions.

Moderator: Speaker

Mad Jack
Nation: Mad Jack is Reject
Discord: St George#1524

Closure of Forum and In-Game Embassies with United Kingdom

Post by Mad Jack »

Citizens,

Today, after discussions with the Delegate and with the rest of Cabinet, I have taken the decision to close the forum and in-game embassy with the region of United Kingdom. This is due to the presence of the player Vac within their region. This player has a history of controlling and manipulative behaviour, amongst other concerning behaviours, and we would consider it to be a risk to the safety of our players should they be granted an opportunity to interact with our region.

I'm not someone who would ever seek to have a partner region exclude one of their citizens from the functions of their region, nor do I believe that meaningful relations can be had with a region that refuses to hear our concerns on matters on safety, and so I view this as the only moral option. United Kingdom appears to have refused to ban Vac because administrative bans are reviewable by their in-character judicial system and they did not believe it would hold up in court. Such a system invites problems like these, because they will be exploited by players who will take use in-character actions, like how Vac recently oversaw a by-election for United Kingdom's parliament, in order to appear to be a player in good standing, whilst they remain unreformed from previous, extremely concerning out-of-character behaviours.

I believe that closing the embassies, but I remain open to future communication should United Kingdom institute certain reforms that would enable them to reinforce the separation of in-character and out-of-character areas and remove problematic players from their community.
Harenhime
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

Re: Closure of Forum and In-Game Embassies with United Kingdom

Post by Harenhime »

Justified and based.
That one dude.
Failed SC author, under this name. =( ...(2 for 2 under another)
Yuno is waifu, literally.
Dude who probably has the most NS stepchildren ever.
Mek suks.
Also the guy who kicked a bunch of raiders out of The Black Riders.

Return to “Discussion”