Proposed HoF Act Amendment

A forum containing past Assembly discussions.

Moderator: Speaker

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Proposed HoF Act Amendment

Post by Manson »

As it currently reads:
1. This Act is known as the Hall of Fame Act.

2. The Hall of Fame shall be established to honour and memorialise past or current members of The Rejected Realms who have contributed greatly to the region, along with their contributions to the region.

3. The Hall of Fame shall be hosted in its own section of The Library of Spurned Knowledge, where each inductee to the Hall of Fame shall have a thread listing their noteworthy contributions to the region along with a short biography of them, which shall be maintained by the Government.

4. Other than the requirement for any nominee to the Hall of Fame requiring three citizens in support, the procedures to induct someone into the Hall of Fame shall be the same procedures as the ones the constitution defines for votes on laws.

5. The same procedures as described in article 4 shall be followed when removing an inductee from the Hall of Fame. Players that are Delete on Sight or broken community guidelines shall be immediately stripped of their membership in the Hall of Fame.

6. Inductees into the Hall of Fame are granted honourary citizenship. The requirements for maintaining citizenship do not apply to honourary citizenship. An inductee's honourary citizenship is terminated upon removal. No rights attach to honourary citizenship.
My proposed edit:
1. This Act is known as the Hall of Fame Act.

2. The Hall of Fame shall be established to honour and memorialise past or current members of The Rejected Realms who have contributed greatly to the region, along with their contributions to the region.

3. The Hall of Fame shall be hosted in its own section of The Library of Spurned Knowledge, where each inductee to the Hall of Fame shall have a thread listing their noteworthy contributions to the region along with a short biography of them, which shall be maintained by the Government.

4. Other than the requirement for any nominee to the Hall of Fame requiring three citizens in support, the procedures to induct someone into the Hall of Fame shall be the same procedures as the ones the constitution defines for votes on laws.

5. The same procedures as described in article 4 shall be followed when removing an inductee from the Hall of Fame. Players that are Delete on Sight or broken community guidelines shall be immediately stripped of their membership in the Hall of Fame.

6. Inductees into the Hall of Fame are granted honourary citizenship. The requirements for maintaining citizenship do not apply to honourary citizenship. An inductee's honourary citizenship is terminated upon removal. No rights attach to honourary citizenship.
There’s no point in clause 6 as honorary citizenship is useless. The concept of “honorary citizenship” has never been defined except in the sense that it doesn’t encompass the rights and benefits any other citizenship may have. So, let’s do away with it and let the HoF just be a cool trophy case.
Last edited by Manson on 19 Nov 2023, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

Re: Proposed HoF Act Amendment

Post by Altasund »

Presumably, if I'm reading it right, it means people in the hall of fame are citizens regardless of if their nation cte's, so if kandarin or gres would be able to return to trr without having to debase themselves to being approved by citco
Whether we want cg and sedge to have permanent citizenship is a different discussion, ofc

If we get rid of 6, we might as well get rid of 5 - surely someone can be dos onsite without needing all record of their work for trr being excised from our collective memories, if we're treating it purely as a "cool trophy case".
Non scribatur.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Altasund wrote:
19 Nov 2023, 03:46
Presumably, if I'm reading it right, it means people in the hall of fame are citizens regardless of if their nation cte's, so if kandarin or gres would be able to return to trr without having to debase themselves to being approved by citco
Whether we want cg and sedge to have permanent citizenship is a different discussion, ofc

If we get rid of 6, we might as well get rid of 5 - surely someone can be dos onsite without needing all record of their work for trr being excised from our collective memories, if we're treating it purely as a "cool trophy case".
You aren’t reading it right as “honorary citizenship” isn’t equal to normal citizenship. It could be argued that, sure, it allows honorary citizens ease of access and potentially even the luxury of not having to be accepted back into the citizenry but there’s zero precedent for this.

Like I was saying, honorary citizens aren’t the same as regular citizens. They don’t hold voting status and can’t stand for elections.

Yes, CG and Sedge are another discussion. We’ve discussed their relevance and ongoing relationship with the region time and time again and I’d rather that not derail this thread.

Lastly, the DoS clause is a little iffy, sure, but would a HoF really want to be the subject of an argument over whether or not it glamorizes rulebreaking behavior? Say Unibot got DoS for doing what he’s done. Do his contributions to TRR outweigh what he did? No, so it’d be really silly to erase that clause.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Guy

Post by Guy »

There is nothing to section 6 other than the ability to say you are an honorary (life) citizen of TRR. It is not meant to be particularly significant, to say the least. If we think it is pointless or harmful, I’d be comfortable with repealing it.

No objection to the removal of the superfluous words in section 2.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Guy wrote:
20 Nov 2023, 04:26
There is nothing to section 6 other than the ability to say you are an honorary (life) citizen of TRR. It is not meant to be particularly significant, to say the least. If we think it is pointless or harmful, I’d be comfortable with repealing it.

No objection to the removal of the superfluous words in section 2.
Cool. Yeah, I definitely think it’s pointless.

LiberzanEmpire
Nation: Liberza
Discord: liberza

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

I think this is a good idea.
Sometimes, I dream about bacon

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

I'm generally supportive of these changes as well
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Mad Jack
Nation: Mad Jack is Reject
Discord: St George#1524

Post by Mad Jack »

Seems like an inoffensive change.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Motioning to vote.

Giangsang
Nation: Giangsang
Discord: giangsang

Post by Giangsang »

Second the motion to vote
LiberzanEmpire
Nation: Liberza
Discord: liberza

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

seconding the motion
Sometimes, I dream about bacon

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Will put this up for vote in the mornin'
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup

Return to “Discussion”