Induct Fratt into the HoF (not the HoA, he rents)

A forum containing past Assembly discussions.

Moderator: Speaker

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Induct Fratt into the HoF (not the HoA, he rents)

Post by Manson »

Draft 1
Title. The text definitely needs to mention more of his actual achievements. Tried to be kinda funny and it turned out a little too praise-y at times. Suggest edits. Argue with Fratt about his induction.
Fratt

Frattastan, Fratt, or Frattles, as he is dearly known, is a longtime member of The Rejected Realms that has served in innumerable capacities throughout his time here, including that of Delegate, Officer, Forum Administrator, High Commander of The Rejected Realms Army, and Citizenship Councillor. For many, Fratt is synonymous with TRR, and TRR with Fratt.

Fratt became the legendary personality he is today through being true to himself in its entirety. Alongside Fratt’s commitment to defending being unwavering, his acceptance of others and his openness as a player haven’t faltered either.

Getting his start within the NationStates world as a native of San Francisco Bay Area, a Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) member, Fratt developed an early interest in defending. The FRA, one of this universe’s mythical paramounts of gameplay, quickly sucked Fratt in. About three years into his presence on this site, Fratt, with a growing knowledge of TRR through his time in and leading the FRA, chose to humbly introduce himself to the region (with many of its denizens already knowing and respecting him) undoubtedly at one of the most significant times in its history: shortly after Kandarin’s departure from the game. This foray into TRR would foreshadow his decision to join the RRA, which he now affectionately calls “my baby”.

Two years later….Fratt is Delegate. Always a “Great Reformer”, Fratt took the delegacy at a crucial time. Whamabama through his puppet, Collector of Souls, had a rocky delegacy, dealing with mass backlash as a result of his own actions, an imperialist coup, and general inactivity and disinterest. When election season came around, Fratt, with the support of the region, announced his candidacy. Little did he know that his delegacy would lead to multiple treaties, regular foreign updates, other major diplomatic successes, departmental overhauls, and just overall, massively increased participation from citizens. Five years and nine years later respectively Fratt would have to pick up the pieces again, being trusted to fill the role in and after periods of intense unrest and instability.

Always choosing to carry himself diplomatically, Fratt’s levelheaded demeanor has made him de facto the most popular choice for Foreign Affairs in any cabinet, and for years now he has also served as one of the region’s three Citizenship Councillors responsible for handling immigration and significant matters of regional security in addition to being a Forum Admin.

It goes without saying that TRR should be incredibly thankful for Fratt. He exudes ability. His constant, reassuring presence in the region and his willingness to be a mentor has inspired many. His acceptance of new, different people and new ideas has gained him an ultimate respect among even the region’s newest and most painstakingly ignorant members. In turn, his lack of desire to shoehorn himself into politics has earned him the trust of many thanks to his establishment as a modest, guiding figure that the region can lean on.

For a region that’s been honored by Fratt for currently over a decade, this has been way too long coming, it’s time to give that honor back.
Last edited by Manson on 24 Jan 2024, 22:09, edited 6 times in total.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

Re: Induct Fratt into the HoF (not the HoA, he rents)

Post by Altasund »

Fully believe Fratt should be inducted, however I've not been around long enough to appreciate many of his accomplishments.
The "literally" in "with the support of literally pretty much everyone in the region' sounds clunky and doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the text.

"now known affectionately as [his] "my baby"." could be better as "which he now calls "my baby"" or something.

Maybe provide some detail on things like '"other major diplomatic successes"?

Would suggest replacing "His seemingly constant presence" with "His constant and reassuring presence" - which perhaps captures better the aura of things such as when we elected him during the Europeia shit, with citizens knowing he would be able to cope with whatever drama went down

There's several places, notably both "who presumably see" and "His seemingly constant presence", where there's an element of doubt in the text. Surely if he's deemed laudable enough to induct into the HoF, we can safely assume people "see Fratt as a modest, guiding figure" without expressing that we don't know exactly what's going on in people's heads? I get that you're trying to take a lighter tone with things like that, but to me it just sounds like we're not entirely sure what this "Frattles" entity we're inducting actually does.

Beyond that, full support. As I said, I'm not best placed to know about Fratt's contributions to the region, but hopefully that's enough thoughts to get other people to say things.
Non scribatur.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Made a couple of edits. Thanks for your suggestions, Alta. Included most of the quick ones. Definitely will include more of a focus on Fratt’s diplomatic achievements.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Salem
Nation: Dakota
Discord: dakadak

Post by Salem »

Fratt's wonderful and should 100% be inducted.

My only criticism of this is the mention of "forum administrator" as I don't believe an OOC position should be mentioned in an IC award/hall of fame/etc.
he/him
frattastan wrote: All the raiders died on first night, that's what matters.
guy wrote: Yeah makes sense. Just go to Koth
Fuck you’re a weird unit sometimes
But yeah shit in peace.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Salem wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 18:49

My only criticism of this is the mention of "forum administrator" as I don't believe an OOC position should be mentioned in an IC award/hall of fame/etc.
Fair. Sedge’s entry mentions his role as a forum admin briefly as well though.

Salem
Nation: Dakota
Discord: dakadak

Post by Salem »

Manson wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 00:54
Salem wrote:

Doesn't mean we have to repeat it.
he/him
frattastan wrote: All the raiders died on first night, that's what matters.
guy wrote: Yeah makes sense. Just go to Koth
Fuck you’re a weird unit sometimes
But yeah shit in peace.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Salem wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 20:24
Manson wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 00:54
Salem wrote:

Doesn't mean we have to repeat it.
I don’t necessarily see “Forum Administrator” as completely OOC, seeing as it’s a role that can mean a couple different things. Ultimately I feel though that it’s worth including because it’s a testament that Fratt is trusted enough by the community to manage something so important.

Manson

Post by Manson »

I’d like to continue to pursue this. Any comments?

BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

guess i didn't archive this then

I'm generally supportive of putting fratt in the HoF.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

Post by Altasund »

Had hoped people who knew more about Fratt would suggest edits, but ig if no-one has anything to add and assuming Manson's happy with it, motion to vote?
Non scribatur.
Kayden Nation
Nation: Kayden Nation

Post by Kayden Nation »

Fratt should 100% make it
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Will leave this til tomorrow to allow any additional comments, but otherwise will put it up at some point then
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

"That dramatic quote from Oppenheimer about salmon and potato salad."
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Post by Catalyse »

What did they mean by this.
Formerly former things.
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Catalyse wrote:
20 Feb 2024, 16:03
What did they mean by this.
It was a really good salad
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup

Return to “Discussion”