Region Name Consulate

Moderator: Salem

Oxes Republic
Nation: Oxes Republic

Region Name Consulate

Post by Oxes Republic »

Hello! This is the Offical Consulate of Region Name. We are a union of about 30 nations who are active and have a large Regional Government. We have alliances and wish to be diplomatic with TRR. Many of us have been their and enjoyed it so kudos to you guys We will post updates here. Thanks for the consulate!
Oxes Republic

Re: Region Name Consulate

Post by Oxes Republic »

So what kind of updates are we supposed to post?
thechurchofsatan

Post by thechurchofsatan »

That's up to you guys. The standard in NS involves landmark growth (like increasing to twice as many nations as before), laws passed since last update, successful military operations conducted, important discussions the region had, discussions on world assembly resolutions, substantial roleplay news, regional policy changes, new treaties, etc. That's just the norm though. If allowed by your region’s government there's all kinds of things you can do. I've broken from traditional embassy usage a couple times with varying degrees of success but that's pretty rare. So I'd suggest you guys get creative, go nuts. ^_^

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Oxes Republic

Post by Oxes Republic »

Thank you! We should have our first Regional update Saturday
thechurchofsatan

No problem. Lookin' forward to it! ^_^

Oxes Republic

Post by Oxes Republic »

Ok this is late but a lot has happened in our region. Starting with

Its Election Season!
Our current WA Delegate, Pius Desurongcrandis, is up for re-election on May 16th, and is facing Immigration Official, Melon ia, who is attacking his conduct and lack-thereof as WA delegate.

Speaker Shift
So I was Speaker till Saturday but then got bored and quit. I passed 8 pieces of legislation in my term and my puppet, The Cow and Dairy Isles is now Speaker. I’m in TRR now because I banjected myself just because. We had a special election and the biggest discussion was on militarism. I argued that growing militaries does not establish peace but just gives more capable nations the “bully pulpits” to control other nations and Liru Arma argued that peace treaties would just lead to alliance build and international pressure and lead to worse war.

Regional Bannings
Our WA delegate ejected 4 nations that did not endorse him by a given time without any telegramed warning or trial which is very illegal in our region (breaks about 4 separate laws) just because our judicial official isn’t active, so TRR now has 3 new members! (one rejoined)

Our Alliances
We wrote a treaty with The Undying Region and are going to begin writing an extensive treaty with Greater Astoria (remnants of Manasawala with no Hamramstan), including an international support program and an embassy support program and a World Cup style competition (still being worked out)

Hockey?
If you follow Hockey you know these playoffs have been amazing. Pius and I founded a Hockey Region called the NHL and you have about 4 days to join before we close for the season and finish it off (we close once everyone has ten games because I do the games). This is kind of an ad but hey, why not?

Thanks TRR!
thechurchofsatan

I hope the mudslinging in the election is kept civil and professional! If it gets too nasty that kind of politics can tear a region apart.

Banjecting yourself. huh? Seems an odd solution but it's not the first time somebody's done that, heh. Militarism is a tricky subject. There's no simple option really. One way or another it's a gamble. The notion that treaties lead to alliances isn't necessarily true. Non-aggression pacts are perfectly capable of sustaining a neutral diplomatic relationship.

The only thing I'm focused on in the NHL right now is Steve Yzerman becoming the Wings' next GM. ^_^

Good to hear from you guys! I hope things go well for ya. :)

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Oxes Republic wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 01:15
Our WA delegate ejected 4 nations that did not endorse him by a given time without any telegramed warning or trial
I saw that, was wondering what had happened.
Oxes Republic wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 01:15
I passed 8 pieces of legislation in my term and my puppet, The Cow and Dairy Isles is now Speaker.
Well, that must be fun. :P
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
ZZwatermelon
Nation: Melon ia
Discord: ZZmelon#8688

Post by ZZwatermelon »

I'm another nation from Region name.
I know the last update was only two days ago, but a good amount has happened, so I thought I would post an update here.

During and after the Speaker elections, the two candidates were very respectful of each other, despite Liru Arma seemingly threatening warfare if he lost, though he later clarified that he meant legal cases if any legislation conflicted with our charter.

After the Elections concluded, it was brought to my (The immigration officer) attention that an old enemy of ours was planning an attack on our Region. There had previously been conflict between our two nations in the Oasis Sector Z vs Region name War, which had high casualties.

So far direct conflict has not come about, however, after our intelligence gathered that Oxes republic was being used as a pawn in attempt to weaken our current WA delegate, our forces took control of the capitol. Unfortunately, Their leader evaded capture and fled to one of the enemy nations.

An election was held and a new leader was instituted, however there is no official region wide plan if the attackers invade.

In the meanwhile, Our new speaker has passed their first legislation, The Region name Law enforcement act.
It essentially forces the WA delegate to implement laws passed by the Speaker or face impeachment.

Thank you!
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Sounds like are having an exciting time!
ZZwatermelon wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 23:02
despite Liru Arma seemingly threatening warfare if he lost,
Amazing.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
ZZwatermelon
Nation: Melon ia
Discord: ZZmelon#8688

Post by ZZwatermelon »

Hello there!
A lot has happened, but I'll be brief and let other nations fill in on other events.

Essentially, I am the new WA Delegate. Criminal charges were brought against the old one, and he was going to be ejected and removed from office. Unfortunately, he decided to not take it lightly, and went out by removing me from my previous governmental position as Immigrations Official, and ejecting me and other nations. As such, he was banned from the Region. Currently, I'm really more of a placeholder, as the Judicial official has stripped the WA Delegate of all their powers until the next election.

On a brighter note, there is no longer a threat of war from Oasis Sector Z, using inside intelligence as well as simply their plan being messed up by the power shift, they faded into the background.

This has been my brief update, Thank you!
Oxes Republic

Post by Oxes Republic »

Hi again! Sorry it’s been so long since our last update, but here’s what happened:

Melon ia was elected World Assembly Delegate by a vote of 6 to 5. They immediately got to work by closing over 70 Embassies with dead regions. The Cow and Dairy Isles remained Speaker and immediately put up to vote the 8th Amendment. The 8th Amendment basically guarantees the right to a fair trial if you are to be kicked or banned or both. It failed, because who wants a fair trial? To be fair it got 8 votes yes and 3 no but it needed 75% to pass and that it did not achieve. Now the Regional Peace Act which is an attempt to limit our 4 wars a month so less people die is being written.

Pius Desurongcrandis, our former delegate, founded his own region, Scoutenia which is growing quickly. We are holding a hockey tournament between Region Name and Scoutenia and the results so far are this:
Pius Desurongcrandis wins Scoutenia
The Vegans and The Cow and Dairy Isles have advanced to the Region Name Championship

Speaking of Athletics, we finally have an atheltic Committee Meeting pretty regularly. I am Chairman (As the Cow and Dairy Isles) And we have been developing the Region Name Games, our grand contest. Pius, since he basically made it, is participating in select events. It makes sense and we and really making progress.

That’s your Region Name Update! Good Luck Kyorgia!
Oxes Republic

First Update in 442 Days!

Post by Oxes Republic »

Knock Knock, or Clop Clop
Is this thing on? Oh, well, how are we not at the bottom of the list of active consulates. Well thats not our problem.

Its me, Oxes Republic coming back to you from over one year and pandemic ago. Given our Region has about doubled in age since last visited, I will only catch you up on major points.

Summer, 2019
I, (under my new main nation, Minimark) led a group of 3 people rewriting our Charter. Thats right, I rewrote our entire governing body and got it passed since I was last here with a bit of help. I was speaker at the time, but resigned in November when I wanted to give other people a chance.

January, 2020
Our largest rival Scoutenia collapsed leading to 6 new nations joining our Region. They came in with much different ideologies than us that led to some conflict, especially dealing with science and roleplay (there was space nukes and death stars, all you need to know). This influx of nations led to older nations like myself becoming a minority, which led to

March, 2020
In early March, before I knew if the pandemic would hit us or not, I left the Region in order to give the new guys a try. This was a regretful decision, because along with doing this at a stop point in roleplay, the pandemic hit dividing each member of my Region. The new nations from Scoutenia, led by Pius Desurongcrandis (delegate who was Impeached) didn't do anything and the Region fell into inactivity. I came back then, and with the help of WA Delegate Mundane, we wrote roleplay rules to get RP functioning and held various events to get it back like a land draft, into April of course.

July, 2020
Roleplay was slow to start, like very slow to start so I began it by having a civil war in my main nation, Minimark. Other conflicts occured globally that all reached a fever pitch of July 20th, when war raged throughout the Region. However I should have heeded your old advice and not let conflicts get carried away, because when I did things fell apart. Longtime nation Soviet Melonia II (he lost the password to #1) left and roleplay stopped again. Our main roleplay now is sports leagues which a few of us have developed (I run hockey and swimming).

August, 2020
You may be thinking why I came back here or how I remembered this. Well, it is all a result of an event of yesterday. From June on, I was running for World Assembly Delegate promising to strenghten our foriegn policy to attract new members (i've written 3 treaties already today). I won yesterday and am trying to restore our Region on a global scale. You've missed 2 Delegacys: Melon ia (also owner of Soviet Melonia II), resigned during the Charter-writing convention in which he participated and Mundane, our delegate from August last year to August this year, finished his term and became Speaker which was vacated by Soviet Melonia II.

So thats your update, I plan on doing these once every two weeks. We do have a newspaper where you can find the latest issue Here . So yeah, cheers to strong foriegn relations.

-Minimark, World Assembly Delegate of Region Name

Return to “Embassy Archive”