South Pacific Consulate

Moderator: Salem

Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

South Pacific Consulate

Post by Altasund »

Welcome to South Pacific's consulate in TRR!
I'm Johanneslanden, SP's current MoFA.
Non scribatur.
Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Re: South Pacific Consulate

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Welcome. Looking forward to see what news comes out of South Pacific
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Altasund

Post by Altasund »

excitement builds as Altasund realises he actually has something newsworthy to put here

SP's just had it's delegate elections, and Johanneslanden (my handsome self) has been elected to the position (HYPE)
Holly United, the previous delegate, has been appointed as my replacement as MoFA, and the Customs and WA Ministries have been merged under Maowi.

I'm sure that everyone who's reading this has, by now, heard of all the Crystalsummer/Wonder Woman stuff (if I need to, I'll write out the whole story here, but I'd prefer not to). Recently, Crystalsummer decided to change the flags of two of his main puppets in Crystal Lake to that of South Pacific. It was unanimously agreed among the cabinet, and there was no opposition when it was announced on the RMB, that due to this, South Pacific will be (yet again) finding a new flag. It has been decided that this will be opened to all residents, who will be able to submit their own flag designs, and the region will then vote on which design they like best through a poll. Currently, South Pacific's flag has been reverted to one of our older flags.

Luv, Alta <3 <3 <3
Non scribatur.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

I'm aware that Wonder Woman was his alt and that he betrayed the trust of SP and TEP, but what do you mean "the full story"? Did he do something else?
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Morover
Nation: Morover

Post by Morover »

Altasund wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:02
excitement builds as Altasund realises he actually has something newsworthy to put here

SP's just had it's delegate elections, and Johanneslanden (my handsome self) has been elected to the position (HYPE)
Holly United, the previous delegate, has been appointed as my replacement as MoFA, and the Customs and WA Ministries have been merged under Maowi.

I'm sure that everyone who's reading this has, by now, heard of all the Crystalsummer/Wonder Woman stuff (if I need to, I'll write out the whole story here, but I'd prefer not to). Recently, Crystalsummer decided to change the flags of two of his main puppets in Crystal Lake to that of South Pacific. It was unanimously agreed among the cabinet, and there was no opposition when it was announced on the RMB, that due to this, South Pacific will be (yet again) finding a new flag. It has been decided that this will be opened to all residents, who will be able to submit their own flag designs, and the region will then vote on which design they like best through a poll. Currently, South Pacific's flag has been reverted to one of our older flags.

Luv, Alta <3 <3 <3
Congrats on the delegate election! You'll do great.

And Maowi is smart and capable - he'll do great in his new merged position.
Altasund

Post by Altasund »

Morover wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 17:01
Altasund wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:02

Luv, Alta <3 <3 <3
Congrats on the delegate election! You'll do great.

And Maowi is smart and capable - he'll do great in his new merged position.
I know, I'm incredibly lucky to have him!
And thanks!
Non scribatur.
Deadeye Jack

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Congrats on your victory Alta.

Altasund

Post by Altasund »

Deadeye Jack wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 18:46
Congrats on your victory Alta.
Thankyou ^-^
Non scribatur.
kyorgia

Post by kyorgia »

Im very sad you are not endorsing me like a good citizen i mean uh congratulations alta
Kyorgia
Altasund

Post by Altasund »

kyorgia wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 21:54
Im very sad you are not endorsing me like a good citizen i mean uh congratulations alta
But I'm not a good citizen
I thought everyone knew this
Non scribatur.
Karputsk

Post by Karputsk »

Congrats Alta, I saw Lep taking the delegacy and had wondered what was going on. Makes sense now. Best of luck!
Altasund

Post by Altasund »

Karputsk wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 21:09
Congrats Alta, I saw Lep taking the delegacy and had wondered what was going on. Makes sense now. Best of luck!
Yeah, that was because we all forgot that Holly resigning from the WA would leave me and lep with the same number of endorsements
Non scribatur.
Altasund

Post by Altasund »

Hello peeps!
Welcome to South Pacific’s first ever regional report. I’m sure you must all be so incredibly excited about this. Since there isn’t a prior report to mark the start of the timescale of this one, I’ll just include all the events of note that I feel happened recently enough to merit entry into this.

A couple months back, we introduced the latest revision of the Constitution, in which a number of articles were improved, and two whole new articles added. Voted into law at the end of July, it marks the latest form of the constitution, which was first created by former delegate Lingang over four years ago, but was first introduced as law under a year ago by former (shamed) delegate Mysterious Wonder, a.k.a. Crystalsummer. This latest revision ties up a number of loose threads, which is vital considering it’s the only legal document in effect in the region. The constitution may be found here.

Shortly after the passing of the revised constitution, we held a flag competition. South Pacific’s regional flag was at that time being flaunted by Crystalsummer’s puppets, and, considering we were trying to distance ourselves from him, it was decided to hold an event in an effort to get members of the region to both design and choose SP’s new flag. A total of seven entries were submitted, and although the votes were fairly evenly spread, Johanneslanden’s entry won the competition, providing the region with the glorious flag it displays today.

South Pacific also recently signed the first inter-regional treaty in its history: the Treaty of Friendship, made with Aukumnian Imperium. The treaty, which may be viewed here, was designed to promote closer ties between the two regions. It was in place for just under a week, until it was declared null and void by delegate Johanneslanden following the disintegration of Aukumnian Imperium into two unofficial successor states. South Pacific will be attempting to build up relations with these successor states to the same level as it formerly enjoyed with Aukumnian Imperium.

And, finally, N-Day. The region was unsure of its plans for N-Day right up until around two days before. The faction, Bikini Bottom (whose beautiful name was provided by the eloquent Vice-Delegate The lepearchauns), held only around eight individual members, but, with the aid of the puppet armies of Lep and Panther, held its own for at least the first two hours. Later in the day, South Pacific’s N-Day turned into a war against the faction ANAL, which was sheltering the supremely wicked and treacherous former delegate Densaner, who harassed the forces of Bikini Bottom in what is now recounted in hushed tones to younglings in the region as “the Great Betrayal”. Despite losing the majority of its forces in the fierce fighting that ensued, the menacing traitor was at last destroyed by the ancient puppets of Lep, thereby allowing Bikini Bottom to claim victory over ANAL. Although Bikini Bottom was later steamrollered by Canopy Command, the destruction of the diabolical Densaner allowed the region to celebrate its victory once the apocalypse was over. Following the event, Ducktator Johanneslanden created South Pacific’s first award, the Golden Bikini, which was given to all who contributed to the region’s N-Day. A brief description of each member’s activities in the faction, compiled by Panther, may be viewed here.

In a more serious afternote, I would like to use this report to help draw attention to my wonderful MoFA, Holly United’s latest dispatch. Holly’s recently gone on temporary leave from my government for personal reasons following his Aunt’s suicide (hence why it’s me writing this report, not Holly). He has written a dispatch concerning the subject of suicide, and had asked that I pin it to South Pacific’s WFE. Therefore, I want to provide a link to that dispatch here.

This month’s report was written by Johanneslanden, with contribution from Maowi.
Non scribatur.
Deadeye Jack

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Thanks for the update from South Pacific

Altasund

Re: Feb 2020 Update

Post by Altasund »

The major event marking the beginning of this term was probably the region’s brief and farcical flirtation with Communism.

The first sparks of revolution occurred not long after N-Day, and some say the turbulence of those days following the nuclear devastation was likely the casus belli of the event. Others say it was but the accidental stroke of the pen by our esteemed World Assembly Minister.

Whatever the case, the pitchforks came out and banners were raised and paeans to the worker were being sung in the streets.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1150195

The culminating event occurred when our World Assembly Delegate succumbed to the enthusiastic pressure of the citizenry and raised the flag of the revolution to fly over the region:

https://i.imgur.com/ue6UubT.png

Soon after, folks grew bored of this little diversion, and the region returned to its regularly scheduled programming. (However, some in the region still think back wistfully on the occasion…)

The Regional Map Project was revived, with new additions spurred by renewed interest:

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hol ... id=1137917

December saw new elections in South Pacific for the delegacy. A long-standing resident and former delegate ran against our incumbent, with the result being another term for the sitting delegate.

The rest of December involved the holidays. Gifts were exchanged, well-wishes were made, and good cheer was spread, accordingly.

In January, a series of alterations were proposed to the Constitution of South Pacific. Those passed thus far have involved delegate-suppression of posts to the Regional Message Board, as well as embassy and treaty requirements. Still on the agenda for vote are changes to election protocols and regional emergency provisions.

February saw our esteemed and communist-sympathizing World Assembly Minister successfully pass their second General Assembly Resolution – for which we as a region are quite proud:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pa ... /council=1

Featured Selection from our Culture Minister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1gDSa ... e=youtu.be

Featured Holiday Limerick:

In the North there once stood a Pole
Past which Santa just happened to stroll
Large crowds of elves
Threw money and yelled
While his Missus did dance and cajole

World Assembly Voting Information
Spoiler: click to toggle
This month's update was written by Panther
Non scribatur.
Altasund

Post by Altasund »

South Pacific Regional Update December 2020

Incumbent delegate secures second term
The Winter Elections this year were the most hotly contested the region has seen for some time. Four candidates in all ran, though two - Mauryavarsha and former acting-delegate Holly United - dropped out mid-way through, endorsing incumbent Panther and former delegate Densaner respectively.
The final results were: Holly United: 1; Mauryavarsha: 2; Densaner: 3; Panther: 20. Thus, with a resounding 77% of the votes, Panther will remain Delegate of South Pacific for a further six months.

Foreign Ministry reorganised
The Department of Foreign Affairs saw reorganization following the inauguration of the delegate’s second term. Americatain was brought into the government as “Foreign Affairs Commissioner,” a position which will take point in all dealings with our embassy regions and interact with his counterparts in their ministries. Rongorongo, the former Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, will handle things behind the scenes, such as organizing and maintaining the various embassies and ambassadors. Killiningo, the former Minister of Foreign Affairs, will stay on in an advisory capacity to assistent the new officers.
In this way, the hope is that it makes the Department of Foreign Affairs more flexible and efficient, allowing for those with less experience to get involved and contribute to the running of the government.

Embassy opened with The Social Liberal Union
On the 13th of January 2020, Ainland (founder of Social Liberal Union) removed and ejected the democratically elected government of that region. His reasoning behind this ‘coup’ was his belief the region shouldn’t have an embassy with North Korea, who openly “support” the real life DPRK government. The democratically elected government of the region, exiled from their home, luckily had a back up region. Although SLU was previously a close friend of South Pacific, we have decided to cut ties from the couped region. To reflect this, we have commenced the destruction of our embassy there, and have formed a new embassy in its successor, The Social Liberal Union. We value their friendship greatly, and look forward to strengthening our regional bonds.

Roleplay region founded
Following a poll held in August, it was agreed that a Roleplay would be initiated for those interested in the region, and on November 4th, the RP region was founded: Dreamtime, inspired by the popular name to refer to Australian Aboriginal mythology. This is not the name of the in-character land, so a new poll was made in order to name that land. Among five options, the name chosen was “Mayburra”, which means “many” in an Australian Aboriginal language. On November 11th, the roleplay applications were opened. November 12th was supposed to be the official launch, but this was postponed due to last-hour discussions about the land. The date was then set to November 26th, but it was delayed again, this time due to the region being ‘featured’. Panther then had to make a “cleaning” at the RMB due to the amount of comments congratulating the region for being featured, and to eject nations which were not interested in the roleplay but moved there just due to the region being featured. On November 30th, the RP was finally launched. The region currently has ten members, and was founded through a puppet of the present delegate, Panther.

This month’s update was written by: Americatain, Rongorongo, Panther, and Johanneslanden.
Non scribatur.
Altasund

Post by Altasund »

Americatain re-elected as delegate

Securing over 86% of the vote, Americatain has won another six months in the delegacy.
His opponent, Johanneslanden, has refused to concede and is currently pursuing multiple legal challenges against what he calls a "fraudulent and stolen election".

There are currently no plans to reshuffle the cabinet, meaning Densaner will continue as Vice-Delegate, and Johanneslanden as MoFA. We look forward to the next six months in government, and hope to see the same peaceful serenity that has marked the previous year.
Non scribatur.

Return to “Embassy Archive”