Benot
Nation: Benot
Discord: ven#8192

Carcassonne: July Update

Post by Benot »

Carcassonne: July Update
8th of Cielidor in the ninth year of the Glorious Revolution

The Government of Carcassonne

His Imperial Majesty, the Emperor Ysengrim, Protector of the Glorious Revolution

His Imperial Majesty's Government:
Minister-President Pauline Bonaparte
Chief Procurator Necroa
Minister of Culture and Engagement Dhofar

The Ecclesia:
Citizen-Speaker Epithemia
38 citizen-legislators

The Senate:
Epithemia
Pauline Bonaparte
Ytupuera

From the Minister-President's Desk

June was a very busy month for Carcassonne from every angle. Domestically, we continue to grow our role-play community, which is proving to be the source of the most activity on our Discord server. Last month, the Apollinia Union, a multilateral alliance of nations on and near the continent of Apollinia, continued to grow and determine its role in the international community. The Carcaso International News Association (CINA) was founded in June and seeks to report the latest news from the farthest reaches of Carcaso, our role-play setting. Finally, my own story, the medieval-set "The Treasure Voyage of Gang Ma", continues as the Qigezhouan admiral Gang Ma leads her treasure fleet to the frigid shores of Ytupuera.

I was also quite pleased this month to appoint Benot as Carcassonne's first Poet Laureate. Benot has quite the knack for writing poetry, and you'll see Benot post some occasionally on our Discord server! We hope in July to release the first edition of our regional newspaper, which will include a more in-depth dive into Carcassonne's culture and include more details than we can fit in these short monthly updates. As part of this, a selection of Benot's poetry will be in each edition. Be on the look out for this! We hope to have the first edition out soon.

Finally, the big news in June in our foreign relations work was Carcassonne's accession to FOCUS as a founding member. We'll have a little bit more on that in a later section, but let me say that I am pleased as punch to have been a part of the negotiations with our friends in Community and Valley of Peace. For my entire term as Minister-President, I have propounded the crucial role frontier regions like ours will play in NationStates world affairs. I am extraordinarily happy to have found diplomatic partners with a similar mindset. I hope that next month, Carcassonne will have more good news to share with everyone.

Pauline Bonaparte
Minister-President of Carcassonne

Emperor Ysengrim Takes a Regnal Name
In June, Emperor Gulliver Pembroke became Emperor Ysengrim! On the 26th of Lacidor (June 23), Emperor Gulliver announced the change in his throne room to a bevy of gathered citizens and Senators. Taking the name from a wolf in a medieval French fable, Emperor Ysengrim resigned from the World Assembly on his previous nation Marxosia and embarked on a short, five-day regency as he gathered the endorsements necessary to take the delegacy back from Pauline Bonaparte.

In Carcassonne, the Emperor serves as head-of-state and leads the military, known as the Grand Army of the Crowned Republic (GACR). Governance of the region and foreign affairs are left to the Minister-President. As head of the Grand Army, Emperor Ysengrim directed recent missions in Greater Sahara, helping in the liberation efforts of that region, and participated in an operation in The Perfect Utopian Region, supporting the effort led by Lone Wolves United. Elements of the Grand Army proved essential to the transition of power, and upon ordering their withdrawal from The Perfect Utopian Region, Ysengrim quickly was able to retake the delegacy in Carcassonne.

Carcassonne Joins FOCUS

On June 15, Carcassonne joined the Frontier Organization of Cooperation, Unity, and Security (FOCUS), an interregional alliance it co-founded with the regions of Community and Valley of Peace. FOCUS's goals are to promote bonds of friendship between its member regions and assure each other's mutual security. The three founding regions, as part of their accession, committed to recognizing their shared identity as frontier regions and collaborating with each other to help lift each other up.

FOCUS originally came about after Carcassonne signed its own treaty with Community. The two regions approached Valley of Peace about a new alliance, open to any frontier that might wish to join. The three partners, after a period of negotiation and ratification, then officially entered into the FOCUS treaty. The treaty itself calls for intelligence sharing, mutual defense, and diplomatic partnership. Carcassonne, Community, and Valley of Peace maintain a Discord server for the FOCUS treaty accessible here.

The member regions of FOCUS hope that, as the frontier update continues to inject much-needed fresh blood into NationStates and new frontier regions continue to mature, it will grow and serve as a model for cooperation and diplomatic collaboration among frontiers.

Return to “Carcassonne”