Pile War In St Abbaddon

Foreign Affairs announcements and news from the rest of the NationStates world.

Moderators: Salem, Delegate

Topid2
Nation: Topid

Pile War In St Abbaddon

Post by Topid2 »

Hello, to some old friends, some new faces, and one secret Brit.

I've come to deliver a request to one of the greatest defender power house regions left regarding my home region: St Abbaddon.

For those who don't know, my name is Topid, a former WA Author and Defender with the FRA/UDL. Up until 18 months ago this week I was also a member of the region St Abbaddon. When I first came to St Abbaddon it was a one nation (Hawkswind). I had a conversation with Hawkswind for some reason (be in WA campaigning, or maybe a defense) and really loved the region for its potential. Over the years Hawk and I remained close friends and I would drop in to keep the region's numbers up through recruitment and keep him or someone he liked in the seat. Then, came DEN, and Hawk left the game. The Predator disaster played out, and to my surprise in the course of months I had this region dropped on me at one of the worst times in my life as I was sitting for the CPA Exams and needed to be spending hundreds of hours after work at a computer studying. I kept finding myself distracted by NS, so I quit cold turkey. At the time, I said I'd be gone about 18 months.

Out of nowhere, NPO moved into the region and started stacking Kitsco. I was informed by Lenly that NPO had told Kitsco if he did not ban me, then they would take the delegate position from him and do so themselves. So, Kitsco informed me he would ban me, and I left to spare the wasted influence because I care so deeply for St Abbaddon.

They did this because I owned the region "Pacifica" and had used it during the NLO coup to post some anti-NPO messages. It was something I did to be funny between updates, and not a serious attempt to besmirch the NPO for anything other than the NLO coup. In truth, I hadn't ever been much of a critic of the NPO up until they threw me from St Abbaddon, and for what little it is worth now I wish I had never founded the region Pacifica. Ironically of course, the NPO never asked me to take down the anti-NPO messages until they were in St Abbaddon (which I did immediately upon their request) and they did not accept an offer to hand over Pacifica in exchange for their leaving St Abbaddon alone. All of which flies in the face of their alleged goal, because when I finally did return to activity, I found myself unable to go home and only left with "Pacifica" - a situation that has led exactly to the only place it ever really could - the place they said they both claimed to be acting against but undoubtedly made more likely.

At this point the back-story is old news, but what is new news is that I have put together a coalition to return myself to the delegacy. This coalition is at this point certainly not made up of people that are pro-Topid or pro-St Abby, but mostly anti-NPO and pro-chaos. Unfortunately, at update our trigger was a bit off, and we missed update. As such we are facing grim odds in a pile war for a safe and free St Abbaddon.

I have asked TBH, and had assurance from Souls, that Kitsco be permitted to stay in St Abbaddon so long as he obeys all endo caps. I am not a hypocrite, and when I criticize removing people from their home region for political reasons that is not propaganda. I won't stand for an eye for an eye.

Over the next few hours two sides will battle it out via numbers. One side wants to see all the natives of St Abbaddon allowed to stay in their home. The other wants to purge natives politically - as they always have. My side will lead to a lively and healthy St Abbaddon that is recruiting and growing. The other side has shown for months that they're okay with an inactive delegate that merely holds on to his seat because of a handful of endorsers flying foreign flags. Our side is the moral side. Our side is the side for the natives and that all defenders should back, GCR politics be damned.

I ask, as the hardest working and oldest native left of St Abbaddon, that the RRA support my bid to bring peace and life to my home.

And as a final note, speaking as Topid an old friend to some of you, I realize one person I have received aid from has done a lot of bad to TRR in the past. You've known my views and my politics well, that's not something I support. In a lot of ways, what was done to you is not that different than what has befallen me though. So I get it. As I said earlier, I'm not a hypocrite, and I am not going to pretend that everything my partners here have done or will do is excusable or savory. And yet, defenders have always strived to put the pleas of a native above their own political rivalries. That is what I ask of you today. Look past the people involved here, and look toward what we are working towards. There is no doubt my efforts are morally right, and that my side in this fight for St Abbaddon will lead to a better future for this region. So please put politics aside, and do what defenders should do.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Re: Pile War In St Abbaddon

Post by Manson »

I hope the RRA actually participates. It would be nice to see you as Delegate again.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

As things stand now the RRA won't deploy in support of either side.

I can say that we appreciate your situation. I agree that you have the right to reside in your home region and I understand your decision - when the NPO imposed its protectorate on and chased you out of St Abbaddon there were strong arguments among defenders, that were placated only in part by StA being allowed to stay relatively untouched in the following months. I cannot fault you for trying to return.
However we cannot support you as lead, and much less we can support The Kramer, who was unquestionably an invader lead (even if they had your permission/encouragement/might maybe turn the region into a better place).
Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 21:04
I hope the RRA actually participates. It would be nice to see you as Delegate again.
Kitsco is as much of a native as Topid. We're not going to overthrow him, sorry. :P
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Ah, in addition I will vote against any attempt at repealing the Liberation resolution to force a lockdown or a refound.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.

Return to “The World”