News from the front lines

Foreign Affairs announcements and news from the rest of the NationStates world.

Moderators: Salem, Delegate

Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

This thread is for any and all discussions of military activity in NationStates. All nations are more than welcome to post news reports or play-by-play analysis of raids, defenses, liberations, etc. - and even to do a little bragging, if you feel like it. ;) We only ask that you keep the discussion free of flames and insults; the thread will be monitored to make sure that the everyone plays nice and the fighting stays out on the battlefields where it belongs.

Enjoy!
Kandarin the Younger/Lirantha
~
sedge
Nation: Sedgistan
Discord: sedge#3069

Post by sedge »

I'll admit I'm having fun watching CG struggle against influence in Utopia :P Given the amount of time the invaders were there before the region was liberated, she'll probably be stuck there for several more days.

The RMB conversation is also great fun - I know I was always against defenders posting on the RMB when in the FRA, but it can lead to amusing exchanges between defenders, raiders, natives and random observers, when it does happen.

It would probably be a good choice for a featured region in the WFE.
CrazyGirl

Post by CrazyGirl »

Sure, laugh :P

The influence the raiders managed to build up is a pain. Getting there though. Normally I would be against posting on the RMB as well, to save the native comments, but in this case the invaders already had cleared off any native comments with their "all clear" after every update.
sedge

Post by sedge »

Good point.

And yes, I will keep laughing :D
Halcones

Post by Halcones »

10th February 2011, Major update

No records beaten, but again The Black Hawks swooped through Nationstates, claiming all in their path. A further 10 regions were taken. Timing was almost always accurate, rarely beyond 10 seconds, with the best timing of 2 seconds! This is the second time we have achieved such an accurate timing, claiming the region within only 2 seconds from arrival. There was no fenda resistance, though we were able to cause mass fenda casualties in the many regions we captured. Namely Moperville, in which TITO still had access to delegate controls. We were so fast that they were unable to do anything. In all raids, fendas had no time to respond, or simply just gave up.

This time, not only small, weak targets were shot down. The Black Hawks also hit bigger, more valuable targets, namely Iran and Draconian Alliance. Both these regions had delegates. In the case of Draconian Alliance, the native delegate had reigned for an impressive 1191 days! His time had come.

The full list of victims claimed last update is:

Neuropa
Coalition of Christian Nations
Downunder
Moleton
Moperville
Iran
Republicans
Hippie Islands
Bordeaux
Draconian Alliance

Troops involved were Halcones, Soaring Tikal, Tramiar and Free Noldor States. Congrats all.

All shall fall in our path. Nobody is safe now.

- Halcones
chin-chillas

Post by chin-chillas »

Halcones wrote:
10 Feb 2011, 09:42
All shall fall in our path. Nobody is safe now.
Except regions with more than about 8 nations...
Halcones

Post by Halcones »

Lol. Typical of you to say such a thing, Chin Chillas.

Check out Iran - that has more than 8 nations. For only two raiders to be able to outwit the FRA consistently, is quite remarkable. Get your troops together, CC. It's getting embarrassing.
chin-chillas

Post by chin-chillas »

Did you seriously just try to counter my point by saying that only one of those ten regions mentioned have more than 8 nations? Like, seriously? And that one region is Iran? As in, the region stuffed full of Persian empire puppets that sleep for 28 days and wake up en masse?

OK then. :tinfoilhat:
chin-chillas

Post by chin-chillas »

Didn't do so well this last update either. ;)
Halcones

Post by Halcones »

Hey I wasn't raiding last update. I left it in the hands of other troops to see how well they'd do. They still claimed 2 regions, and you got kicked from one of them!
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Spotted invasion (with sleeper) 10 hours before update.
Orders to move in and endorse were plainly ignored slightly overlooked.
Banjected.

I'm having a bad day.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Halcones

Post by Halcones »

What happened there then? Which region was it? I've banjected you a number of times in my raids :)

News from The New Inquisition: Two regions successfully captured at minor update with no fenda resistance: Marxist Leninist Party and Leiran.
Anur-Sanur

Post by Anur-Sanur »

Hey Halcones, put a sock in it.
Dyr Nasad

Post by Dyr Nasad »

He brags, we laugh, things continue..
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

Hey, that's what this thread is for. ;) As long as everyone remembers to keep it light-hearted, we can all have some fun with this. Figure a little polite trash-talking keeps folks motivated. ;)

Thanks for posting the news, Halcones!
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

Lots of visitors from Greece today. It seems the delegacy switched hands last night to put Grandon in the seat, and then the Founder (Yauna) was revived and banned everyone (and unbanned the folks Grandon had ejected).
~
sedge

Post by sedge »

Yeah, there's been endless rivalries there between the 'Persian Empire' and 'native Greeks'. Apparently the founder was handed over to a Persian, who lets the nation CTE, then revives it as soon as someone tries to re-found. Amusingly, Persian Empire has been conquered by Greek nations in revenge...
Evil Wolf

Post by Evil Wolf »

Lone Wolves United has successfully raided Middle Earth.

Behold, for my eye sees all.

sedge

Post by sedge »

Meh... I thought you might've raided a region with a delegate for once.
Evil Wolf

Post by Evil Wolf »

Evil Wolf

Post by Evil Wolf »

TITO got its ass kicked.

Maybe the FRA would like to give it a go? :P
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

Mm. I will never understand why people use the same nations/forward bases for liberations. It only works with careless or newbie raiders, or if you can move in with less than maybe 30 seconds to update. Sheer outnumbering might work (obviously not in this case), but why compromise your chances by announcing that you're coming?
~
Evil Wolf

Post by Evil Wolf »

Overconfidence and hubris is probably to blame.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Raiders from Unknown have just been beaten up by the delegate in Islam.
An active native and a little telegram can do wonders, sometimes :D
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Shanghai

Post by Shanghai »

Curses! I was simply attempting to take up arms for my beloved region, by attempting to infiltrate the (hilariously small) region that was planning to invade us. ((Read: I was bored, and wanted to screw with someone)).

Long story short, Operation: Love is War didn't work out.

Short story long, I began a War of Succession in my region, after losing delegate-ness to someone else, which sparked a civil war.

A short time later, I received a telegram from a "BranRiech", asking about the war. Intrigued, I checked out his region, which was a staging point for invasions, and noticed the message, "One of the regions under our surveillance has erupted into civil war."

So, logically, I contacted my opponent OOCly, and offered to begin Operation: Love is War, an attempt to infiltrate and screw with the region by posting misinformation and faked telegrams.

I got found out and ejected.

That, or the guy's just an idiot (No, really, I cleaned up his posts to put them here), and ejected me anyway.

Now, I'm fighting to convince him to let me back in.

Return to “The World”