Post by Timothia »

RENEGADE ISLANDS ALLIANCE
Regional Population: 1,295
Delegate: Red Dusk (*87 Endorsements)
Security Officer: Red Dusk
Secretary of State: Timothia
Secretary of the Interior: Dixadoing

Hello, Red Dusk here.

On October 5th, I was officially elected as Delegate of Renegade Islands Alliance. Since then, I pushed to have the Foreign Update completed as soon as possible. It is months overdue, and I want to see our friends and allies in other regions hear about our successes.

I do wish to sincerely apologise for the lack of content from us in recent months. I hope to see that behind us now, with regular updates released.

Now, that aside, I wish to take a little bit of time to thank people for reading this update. A lot of work has been put into our region in the past few months, and it really is wonderful to be able to share the fruits of our labour.

Red Dusk
Delegate of the Renegade Islands Alliance

RIASF Update
In the past 3 months, the RIASF has seen unprecedented successes. Not only did it achieve a goal of 7 active members by the end of the Summer, it managed to surpass that goal. As of the time of the writing of this article, the RIASF boasts 12 trained sailors and about 5 sailors in training. Not to mention inquiries about the RIASF are flooding in from potential applicants.

In the past months, the Renegade Islands Alliance Special Forces has been extremely active and involved in various defender activities. Of note were the operations to liberate and refound Neko Sanctuary and it's help with the defeat of a massive group of nearly 40 raiders attempting to raid European Union, and immediately afterwards, Equestria. RIASF sailors have been present at numerous updates and have logged dozens of missions since the start of summer.

With only 2 returning members of the previous generation of the RIASF, Red Dusk has turned a group of newbies to R/D into an effective force, rivalling the forces of regions like The Grey Wardens. The Special Forces will do everything in their power to help defend regions. After all, the previous generation of RIA earned a commendation for their efforts. We're damn well going to prove we still deserve it.

Additionally, in the more recent few weeks, the RIASF pulled off an incredible milestone, bringing 7 people to update for a liberation, with an additional 2 on standby if the numbers were needed. These numbers made up nearly half the assembled forces, between 3 other organisations and the RIASF.

-Red Dusk

Foreign Affairs Update
The RIA Department of State is on the cusp of becoming an inter-regional phenomenon!

If you know anything about the RIA, you know that the last statement was very gutsy. The Department of State has a long reputation for inactivity and laziness pertaining to foreign affairs. Over the last three years, there have been far more months without an update than there have been with an update. We have rarely maintained a list of diplomats, and when we have, they have not been very active in their assigned regions. Since the reboot, every Secretary of State had been more immigration-minded. They have done an outstanding job at immigration, but foreign affairs has languished. Those days are over.

I've made bold claims before. I told a dying region that we were the best community on NationStates. I told a population of 120 that we could triple in size. I told Red Dusk that our military could flourish again. This isn't pride, this is a pattern, and I'm not about to let this pattern die. The Department of State will be top-of-the-line in our activity, publicity, and consistency. This update is not the sum total of what this department is capable of; you will see everything improve. Our region has too many bright minds and active nations to be poor at foreign affairs.

To be honest, it's been a while since I've failed at anything in the RIA, and there's nothing about the Department of State that makes it an insurmountable challenge. I bring a pedigree of success and a track record of getting things done to the office of Secretary of State, and I have no doubt that this will be the region's next success story!

-Timothia
Recruitment Update Last month, after a successful recruitment campaign which started way back in April, we stopped sending mass telegrams from the Kerg account and started sending them from the Shiz account. We received a wake up call two weeks ago that we could not solely rely on one person for mass telegrams with the huge imgur and Reddit bumps. We were successfully able to recruit hundreds of nations only because of a little luck and a few dollars of stamps purchased during the waves. We aren't sure how we'll move forward from this but we will likely ensure that more than one nation has stamps on them at al times. We will also be starting to train manual recruiters soon.

-Kerg

Department of the Interior
Our growth this past month has been a fantastic surprise to us here in the RIA. It has created a lot of new concerns for the interior, which is a great thing - this is a new challenge for us and we all know challenges help us to grow. The concerns, at least, in my selfish opinion, lie with role-play opportunities and national/regional involvement. We, the RIA, want to connect with YOU - your nation, your region. So, let us share what’s been happening in our region, so that you can join in on the fun.

The Renegade (http://ria2016.wixsite.com/therenegade)
Two new contributors have been added to the newspaper staff as regular writers, which makes the staff at four members now. The Renegade, the regional newspaper, now has two featured sections, and a third is in the works:

1) What You Need to Know - a series written by the Secretary of the Interior about nations within the RIA, offering you a profile of RIA countries and their leaders.

2) Meet the Renegades - a series about nations from a more touristy, light hearted point of view. (Interviews and writings have begun on this project)

3) (No Clever Title Yet) - a political analysis of RP wars, elections and other official events.

As we continue working with our embassies, I hope to add another series which would be dedicated to YOUR regional news updates, so that our members are aware of your events as well. If you are interested in this, let me know - I’d love to add a foreign liaison to our team of contributors.

Role-play
New RP: A beginner’s RP has begun in the forum to help some of our new members from the last few weeks of growth. There are veterans who have volunteered to help with the project. Veteran players are considering some suggestions for stricter rules on the forum and many scenarios are quite active. RP continues to thrive in both RMB and forum. RP is now moderated a bit more by two new arbitrators to help keep an organized RMB by implementing a few new changes. RP content and posting suggestions are being offered as a means to reform our RP methods and improve on our RP experience for the users.

Game Night/Days/Weekends Coming soon…
My goal, for the rest of the year, is to create opportunities for RIA citizens, and international friends to gather and share a game and a laugh together. After I learned of other regions’ activities and community affairs, I was inspired to steal their ideas. :) We want to get to know you, other regions of the world! RIA citizens are interested in community games and international cultural events to promote our connections with one another and our embassy regions. We will be coordinating and planning to get these events on the calendar. Games of interest:

- Town of Salem
- Planetside 2
- Cards Against Humanity
- The Resistance
- Werewolves
- Monopoly & other board games and more!

Once events are scheduled, I’ll announce them. If your region would like to be involved please contact me or join in on the event if it’s already begun - The more the merrier. renegadeislands.proboards.com/thread/2650/games-weekends
————————
The RIA is looking forward to working with other regions in the near future. If you have suggestions, news, questions, anything, let me know. You can find me on Discord, RIA’s forum, RIA’s regional NS page. I want to provide quality events for my region and my friends all over the world.

-Dixadoing

Shizensky Update
In August, I made the decision to regain control over my nation and offsite forum accounts. I had to quit NS unexpectedly in 2014 and gave full control to HumanSanity. In the time that I was away, Tangaroan Islands and Benevolent Thomas also controlled my accounts. I'm not sure many people can say that they could give away the keys to a region like that and still come back to find things in one piece, or better yet - thriving! I'm thankful to have them as friends. Special thanks to Benevolent Thomas for basically giving Timothia free reign during the reboot that was kicked off in February. Timothia's efforts have led to one of the most prosperous times I've ever witnessed in the 12 year history of the Renegade Islands Alliance.

While I'm at it, a huge thank you to Timothia for writing a constitution that expects an inactive founder. Now that I'm back, my job is easier than it's ever been!
(Link to Shiz's return thread)

RIA Changes by the Numbers (since June 12th)

Net change in population: +99999 (Actual change of 825)
New forum members: +834
New embassies: The Order of the Grey Wardens, Gay
Citizens' Congress Legislation: 7 passed, 1 repealed

LINK
Operation: Reboot
Libetarian Republics
Nation: Libetarian Republics
Discord: LR#2079

RIA Update, October 2016

Post by Libetarian Republics »

Thanks for the update! :D

Return to “Renegade Islands Alliance”