The Royal Messegner

Moderator: Salem

JayDee

The Royal Messegner

Post by JayDee »

United Kingdom, Mini Update #4 wrote: Weekly Mini-Update
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
To all our friends in Ireland, Happy St. Patrick's Day! You might remember that in our last mini-update we announced our St Patrick's Day festival - well, it is finally here! Yesterday, the Culture Office published the festival map, that outlined where all everyone can find all the spam games, forum games, trivia and discussion topics. Whatever you're doing for St Patrick's Day this year, we hope you enjoy it!
New Mayor of London
On 15th March, the Deputy Mayor of London, James D Hamilton, introduced a motion to the City Council of London to begin the process of impeaching the Mayor of London, Samuel Kohnaarik. When announcing the motion, James cited that the Mayor had not been online for a period of 10 days. No debating took place and voting began without any objections to the removal of the Mayor. When the vote ended, there were 11 votes in favour, 0 against and 0 abstains. James D Hamilton took over the office of Mayor, with immediate effect. In this debut Address to the residents of London, the Mayor said:

[i]"Ladies and gentlemen, Though it is sad that the previous mayor was impeached due to inactivity, we must look to the future and what we can make of London. Samuel was a good mayor who had a strong start to the term, it's a privilege to be taking over from someone who had such a strong start. This is my first public office position and although I didn't stand for mayor, I have plans to revitalise the economy. Samuel has put forward some good ordinances to get the economy started, it is now up to me to get the economy running during the remainder of this term and will see the revitalization of the economy through. Revitalizing the economy can be a tough job, but with th start of this term, it Is there to be accomplished. Together we can help make London's economy thrive. Over the next few weeks, my ideas for the economy and London will be revealed publicly with proposals coming forward. Admittedly the first day of two will be slow as I find my way around London. Together we can help make London's economy thrive and make London a place for everyone. Thank you. "[/i]

[center][img]http://z5.ifrm.com/30228/125/0/f5222831/britannia.png[/img] [big][big] [b]Thank you for reading![/b][/big][/big] His Majesty's Foreign Office will be releasing these mini-updates every week, in addition to our monthly updates.[/center]

Return to “United Kingdom”