Regional Activity Idea -- Currency

Where the Officers and others plot to keep the region active.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

The Aligned People
Nation: The Aligned People

Regional Activity Idea -- Currency

Post by The Aligned People »

My proposal for a new regional activity would be to create a regional currency and set up betting/gambling activities for things such as the outcome of sporting events, news headlines, NS events, etc. I would want to set up a regional bank that would oversee and plan all of the betting/gambling activities, as well as keep track of who has what amount of money. Everyone would start with a set balance and to ensure that people could stay eligible we could institute a "pass go collect 200" type policy so that people are credited automatically every so often.

I did touch base with Deadeye Jack and he brought up some concerns that are more than credible:
1. Are we just trying to see who can have the most amount of currency, or will we create things that can be bought with the currency?
2. How are new people that want to get involved going to get caught up?
3. How would the system be maintained?

My thoughts on the above:
1. The main thing that I can think of right now as far as spending currency goes would be to use the gifting system of the trading cards on NS. So Nation 1 sends TRR Currency to Nation 2 and 2 gifts 1 the card. And as Jack brought up, just using the gifting system of the trading cards would not be enough as it pertains to the options of being able to spend what you have. So, any more ideas as to the possibilities of spending the currency?
2. My suggestion would be to credit those people with the same amount everyone else was credited from the start. However, we may have to deal with puppets and people not telling that they have one so they rack up a lot of currency with their various nations. I don't think this would be a problem if there was any way to get a plugin on the forum (a big if...I know) so that way we could credit currency per IP, not per nation. Any other thoughts on how new people could get caught up?
3. Of course, getting a plug-in would be the best situation and the most ideal, but that's only in a perfect world. As Jack said, only admins could say whether or not a plug-in like that is even possible. Plug-ins aside, what else could be used to keep and maintain a system like this?

Let me know what you think,
-TAP
Last edited by The Aligned People on 27 Feb 2019, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
The Aligned People ~Former Officer~ "We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end."
Xanderstralia
Nation: Nintendo Switch Parental Controls

Re: Regional Activity Idea -- Currency

Post by Xanderstralia »

How about we just get an economy bot on the discord and that's that.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Xanderstralia wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 13:47
Is that one of those things where you spam !work or !payday? I wouldn't call that "activity". :P
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Xanderstralia
Nation: Nintendo Switch Parental Controls

Post by Xanderstralia »

frattastan wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 14:19
Xanderstralia wrote:
Is that one of those things where you spam !work or !payday? I wouldn't call that "activity". :P
Well kinda except that's not an effective way to get money
There are much more effective and risky ways to get money
The Aligned People
Nation: The Aligned People

Post by The Aligned People »

Xanderstralia wrote:
I am currently doing some research with regards to using a Discord bot. I have started to play around with some of them on a discord I made to test the bots. There are definitely a few good options out there, and once I get some roles made with perms and get all that "fun stuff" set up on the bots, I could invite some people from the culture office or anyone who would want to test them out. As of right now, I don't have a timetable or projected finish date for configuring some features of the bots, but I will try and keep regular updates on this board.

Note: any configuring that I am doing is just going to be the basics so we can get some idea on how it would go fully configured. (i.e. there would need to be a lot more configuration if this did happen than what I am doing for testing purposes).
The Aligned People ~Former Officer~ "We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end."

Return to “Culture Office”