Events using NS Features Brainstorm

Where the Officers and others plot to keep the region active.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Re: Events using NS Features Brainstorm

Post by Deadeye Jack »

I don't see why we can't use someone else's idea and bring it to our community for our enjoyment if that's what we wanted
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

BowShot118 wrote:
19 May 2020, 12:52
Aggie wrote:
19 May 2020, 12:51
What if we focused on the artistic side of cards? For example, best horse themed card, best Bee Gees themed card etc.
I think that could be a great idea, but would the region or a couple of judges choose which card is best?
Can we further discuss this? a plan with a timeline, maybe? I like the idea of region deciding, maybe we could do something gameside with polls? Would we do this weekly, monthly? Can we have card pulling events beforehand or tied into this? Something like today we farming for Horse themed cards, then we will have a vote for the best horse themed card pulled this day?
Robespierre wrote:
21 May 2020, 13:19
I definitely like the track that Bormiar is headed on when it comes to making spending bank more meaningful for regional growth. I’m definitely interested in developing on Jack’s card stock market idea, as that’s something that I think has a lot of potential and if we were to create a plan for it I think we could have success.

(The cards stock market idea is over a year old, I noticed. So if we haven’t acted upon that yet I definitely think we should as cards aren’t losing popularity and we’ve seen what happens elsewhere when regions make them a bigger part of the fun.)
Deadeye Jack wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 19:34

Cards

- Card Stock Market game. Everyone starts with $1 on their nation and nothing else. You have a month to increase your starting value as best as you can. You can't answer issues to get new packs on that nation during that time and you can't gift cards to yourself from another one of your puppets. The object is to see how well you can invest in the market.
I would love to see if we can get this started in July. If we're going with a month, start it on July 1st and see how it goes. So let's work on developing this further. How would we make sure everyone starts off with a dollar? is it a certain card? How do you invest?

Another way to go for the stock market could be tying cards to IRL stocks

Legendaries = DOW
Rares = Nasdaq

And we watch the stocks for a week and see how they go? That might be too close to gambling, though.
Deadeye Jack wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 11:05
I don't see why we can't use someone else's idea and bring it to our community for our enjoyment if that's what we wanted
Completely agree, this happens all the time. I put in my platform that I was taking the theme ideas from TNP. I think TSP does theme days b/c we do them. You get the idea.
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Post by Catalyse »

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but you could organize stuff like poll battles with other regions, like paper, scissors, stone games. That's something that's been done before too.
Formerly former things.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Catalyse wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 16:12
I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but you could organize stuff like poll battles with other regions, like paper, scissors, stone games. That's something that's been done before too.
Ooooh oh I like this. Easy to do. Involves regions we're friends with. Is gameside.
Awards and Stuff!
click me
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Sarah wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 16:04
I would love to see if we can get this started in July. If we're going with a month, start it on July 1st and see how it goes. So let's work on developing this further. How would we make sure everyone starts off with a dollar? is it a certain card? How do you invest?

Another way to go for the stock market could be tying cards to IRL stocks

Legendaries = DOW
Rares = Nasdaq

And we watch the stocks for a week and see how they go? That might be too close to gambling, though.
Deadeye Jack wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 11:05
Completely agree, this happens all the time. I put in my platform that I was taking the theme ideas from TNP. I think TSP does theme days b/c we do them. You get the idea.

I dislike the idea of tying anything onsite to something offsite. Some users see this game and the internet in general as a way to escape from real life. Alongside this, for likely a majority of people, especially those with little to no experience in that field, it will be essentially gambling, in my view. But being a child, I don't exactly have lots of experience there.

In reference to the "Card Olympics" like idea, the only spin on it I could think off would be requiring people to spend bank they earn to gain access to more cards, making it, in theory, more of a game of luck. But this could also discourage people heavily. We'd also have to rework prizes, as I doubt there would be people here eager to give over hundreds of bank worth of cards for prizes, if we don't gain any/only gain few contributions to a prize pool.

Overall, I dislike going forward with the idea since it would look a lot like we ripped the idea straight from the wider cards community.

Anyhow, me and Aga were working and discussing something on and off over the past week or two, that expands on Sarah's very rough "Pokemon" idea for cards. I'll leave the very much WIP dispatch I have below
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1383469

Alongside this, we have discussed when and how we would run card competitions (so the best card of any given theme), using a similar dispatch template to above.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1383315

Any thoughts on theme ect would be cool, such as how we would decide judges, would they be the contest runners, or would the winners be decided by a poll, but with a plan of multiple theme per contest, it could see a fairly lengthy polling process when we aim to run this every other week.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Aggie
Nation: Agalaesia
Discord: reversemilkshakeduck

Post by Aggie »

Howdy, and apologies for the delay in posting this. I hope this following post gives you an idea about what I think we could do.

So, my idea to do with cards in the NationStates Cards Exhibition. This is how an Exhibition would work.

Every weeks for an undetermined amount of weeks, the culture planning office would announce a "category." These could range from colors, to gif flags (usually more accessible), or things like former delegate and Epic Cards for people who know more about NS, depending on who you want to target this at.

Anyone can submit a card to the exhibition, however, they must own the card that they're submitting, and the card flag or nation name must line up with the category (so, if our category is 70s music, a card could have Rick Astley on their flag, for example). Submissions would ideally last up to a week, after which they would be closed down.

All cards will feature in the exhibition, however, people would vote on the "Featured Exhibition," which would effectively be the people's favourite card. This would ideally be done through a forumside poll, with links to the images of all the cards submitted.

Once that is done, images of all cards would be posted on an onsite dispatch, with some special award being given to the nation that submitted the featured card.

That's my idea in a nutshell. I apologize for the brief nature of this post, I'm currently on a mobile. I will fix up the "informational dispatch" about this event, and post it here once it is done (I'm almost finished, I just need to re-write elements of it, as it doesn't always come across very well). It would be nice to have submissions using links to cards through the onsite TG system. We would still have to manually check if people own the card that they submitted, but I would happily do that.

Again, apologies for the delay.
Aggie. Citizen of this Region
Also does many other boring things.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia

Return to “Culture Office”