Events using NS Features Brainstorm

Where the Officers and others plot to keep the region active.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Events using NS Features Brainstorm

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Hello everyone,

As you know over the last 5 months we've introduced a variety of new events to the region and expanded our options for recurring cultural games and activities. They have been fun and I hope we keep using those ideas, but one thing that is disappointing to me in some ways, is that a lot of our games and events aren't related to playing NS. So I think it would be a good idea to kind of brainstorm around some of the core features of the game and see if we can put some interesting spins on them and have some fun together. The way I see it the features to focus on would be issues, challenges, and cards.

I'll get us started with a few ideas. Please feel free to comment and give your own ideas (even for features that I don't mention)

Issues

- People pick 1 issue their nation answered a week and write a newspaper article about it and we can make a sort of RP paper about our nations through compilation.

Challenges

- Have some sort of fight club. Let's say people sign up to be a part of it. If you defeat someone via a sanctioned challenge you take their spot in the regional ranking. Perhaps in order to stave off absurd amounts of challenges we could put a card price so winner is also playing for some sort of money prize in the challenge.

- Unicorn Jousting. It'd be a combination of roleplay and using the mechanics of challenges. I've already written something detailed up about this idea. Click the spoiler below to read about it.
CLICK ME CLICK ME CLICK ME

Cards

- Currency system. Cards make for a natural currency system, the problem is deciding on what that currency system is for, what are we spending on?

- Card Stock Market game. Everyone starts with $1 on their nation and nothing else. You have a month to increase your starting value as best as you can. You can't answer issues to get new packs on that nation during that time and you can't gift cards to yourself from another one of your puppets. The object is to see how well you can invest in the market.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Sarah

Re: Events using NS Features Brainstorm

Post by Sarah »

Issues -

I like the RP issue idea! There's a lot of people already doing that on the RMB, this could be a citizenship incentive.

Something that could be interesting is take a specific stat and race to see who can get it highest/lowest. If people don't want to mess up their nations, we could all use puppets. Just have a list organized of which puppet is which. I would say don't tell people what the stat is, so people don't make a puppet nation geared towards that beforehand.

What about using NS cards to sort of Gamble on the fight club challenges? That's probably what the unicorn jousting is like but I can't click on it right now because I didn't open this in a new window and I don't want to lose what I have so far ..... So will come back to that.

Actually. Will keep thinking and come back to all of this. This is just round one from me. Go team :-D
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

For cards I think we could set up a regional currency. For example, our Delegate's card could be worth a set amount, an Officer's card be worth another set amount, the Speaker's card worth another set amount, and Zyonn's card worth even another set amount.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Deadeye Jack

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Manson wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 20:17
For cards I think we could set up a regional currency. For example, our Delegate's card could be worth a set amount, an Officer's card be worth another set amount, the Speaker's card worth another set amount, and Zyonn's card worth even another set amount.

Right I get the potential for cards as currency exists. I guess what we're less clear on is what is the currency system used for. I think that's the key to making it worthwhile because if there is nothing to "spend" on then what is the point of the currency. I'm open to hearing suggestions

Manson

Post by Manson »

Deadeye Jack wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 20:34
Manson wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 20:17

Right I get the potential for cards as currency exists. I guess what we're less clear on is what is the currency system used for. I think that's the key to making it worthwhile because if there is nothing to "spend" on then what is the point of the currency. I'm open to hearing suggestions

Maybe graphics, art, badges, etc.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Bormiar
Nation: Bormiar

Post by Bormiar »

I agree with Manson and Jack's idea. Here's another I just thought of:

Have a competition of who can create the best unique collection. For example, Candlewhisper Archive has only cards with eyes on them.

As for awards, I'd be happy to collect TRR, or other cards, in my nation Twertis to be used to give out as awards. I think that would really help to foster more participation and more work on behalf of the participants. Cards that would be given out in normal events would include newer people and old people (like delegates) Nai, Catalyse, Neq, CoS, current officers and speaker Manson, Libertarian Republics, Guy, Uni, Souls, Wabbitslayah, Zyonn, and Kyo.

And for large events like Rejectmas I think a CG or Kandy would be in order.

Let me know what you think (I really wanna do the cards reward idea, spend my bank on something more meaningful).
Last edited by Bormiar on 30 Apr 2019, 21:03, edited 2 times in total.
The Second Coming is nigh upon us.
Bormiar

Post by Bormiar »

Also Manson, wouldn't your idea conflict with the fact that if I wanted something I could just buy cards with bank and buy whatever I want?
Deadeye Jack

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Sarah wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 20:01

Something that could be interesting is take a specific stat and race to see who can get it highest/lowest. If people don't want to mess up their nations, we could all use puppets. Just have a list organized of which puppet is which. I would say don't tell people what the stat is, so people don't make a puppet nation geared towards that beforehand.
Yeah I think it could be fun and come with a decent prize to get people interested.
Twertis wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 21:25

Have a competition of who can create the best unique collection. For example, Candlewhisper Archive has only cards with eyes on them.
This is an interesting idea that adds some spin to it. Maybe there could be different aspects to it too like highest value collection that fits the theme. Or cheapest. Maybe the theme could be more vague and people would have to present a showcase explaining how their card collection ties to the theme.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I just realized the unicorn jousting was a spoiler not an external link .... Anyway. Round two.

Issues -

Awards for answering issues. Go five days responding to all issues, something like that.

Every Tuesday people answer the first issue they have on their list, and then discuss how that would affect other nations in the region. Which could be like the newspaper thing. People discussing their RP article.

Challenges -

I still need to try these to understand how that work.

Cards -

What about turning the cards into some sort of like Pokemon type thing. My epic card VS your epic card. It would probably take some organization. But something to brainstorm.

Using cards as prizes. Win a fight club, get a legendary. Use that legendary to card battle someone and win their card. Yay two cards now.

Who can farm the most valuable cards in a sorted amount of time. Contest type thing.

I like the card theme idea, tbh. Would that be judged by a vote?
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Manson

Post by Manson »

Like we did in 2014, we could have our regional information nation (The Rejected Runekeeper) answer issues on behalf of the whole region. We could hold polls to answer issues and have TRT write special releases on what actually happened in TRR (our region) as a whole because of what we did.

Manson

Post by Manson »

Apologies for the doublepost, but, maybe we could do something like this.

TNP Card Lottery

Instead of endorsements though I'm thinking they could put in cards. The higher value of the cards they put in, the better their chances. We could select the winner via a spinny wheel. :P

thechurchofsatan

Post by thechurchofsatan »

Manson wrote:
02 May 2019, 01:37
We could select the winner via a spinny wheel. :P
Dabo!!!!

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Bormiar

Post by Bormiar »

Manson wrote:
02 May 2019, 01:37
Apologies for the doublepost, but, maybe we could do something like this.

TNP Card Lottery

Instead of endorsements though I'm thinking they could put in cards. The higher value of the cards they put in, the better their chances. We could select the winner via a spinny wheel. :P
That would be fun. I would want to run it for fun. All you have to do is create a nation with a couple good cards to start it up, then just log the entry cards and make a point system for that (For example, MV*10), then spin the wheel and divvy up the rewards.
Deadeye Jack

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Alright so I wrote up a TRR Fight Club type thing that uses Challenges if you want to take a look in event planning: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=10030546

The Pharcyde
Nation: The Pharcyde
Discord: The Pharcyde#3206

Post by The Pharcyde »

We could try to hoard TRR nation cards.
Manson told Jack to put these in his sig, so he presumably wants me to as well:

~Upvote Squad~
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Following up on the previous ideas thing,
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 2&t=484516

I never realised that this existed, so for my idea about collecting the most of x kind of nation starting fresh ect would essentially be almost entirely stolen from here, so the idea's been dropped.
Last edited by BowShot118 on 03 Jun 2020, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Aggie
Nation: Agalaesia
Discord: reversemilkshakeduck

Post by Aggie »

What if we focused on the artistic side of cards?
Last edited by Aggie on 19 May 2020, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
Aggie. Citizen of this Region
Also does many other boring things.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Aggie wrote:
19 May 2020, 12:51
What if we focused on the artistic side of cards? For example, best horse themed card, best Bee Gees themed card etc.
I think that could be a great idea, but would the region or a couple of judges choose which card is best?
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

BowShot118 wrote:
19 May 2020, 12:52
Aggie wrote:
19 May 2020, 12:51
What if we focused on the artistic side of cards? For example, best horse themed card, best Bee Gees themed card etc.
I think that could be a great idea, but would the region or a couple of judges choose which card is best?
Yup, or alternatively run a vote on it.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

This sounds interesting! Would you two like to run it?
Awards and Stuff!
click me
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Sarah wrote:
19 May 2020, 23:06
Sure, I can look into getting it set up
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Deadeye Jack

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Definitely interested in some kind of cards thing. Been wanting to see it for like a year

Robespierre
Nation: Inflection of Rejection
Discord: TheMacMilitant#1962

Post by Robespierre »

I definitely like the track that Bormiar is headed on when it comes to making spending bank more meaningful for regional growth. I’m definitely interested in developing on Jack’s card stock market idea, as that’s something that I think has a lot of potential and if we were to create a plan for it I think we could have success.

(The cards stock market idea is over a year old, I noticed. So if we haven’t acted upon that yet I definitely think we should as cards aren’t losing popularity and we’ve seen what happens elsewhere when regions make them a bigger part of the fun.)
Fmr. Officer of World Assembly Affairs Fmr. Officer without Portfolio
Fmr. Officer of Culture
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

Sarah wrote:
19 May 2020, 23:06
I can look into things with BowShot if you want.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

BowShot118 wrote:
19 May 2020, 12:46
Following up on the previous ideas thing,
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 2&t=484516

I never realised that this existed, so for my idea about collecting the most of x kind of nation starting fresh ect would essentially be almost entirely stolen from here, so the idea's been dropped.
I didn't realise I was editing the post and accidentally deleted everything that I had previously written, but this was what I was wanting to post.

Oops
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup

Return to “Culture Office”