[IDEA] Weekly History Game (Name Undetermined)

Where the Officers and others plot to keep the region active.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

thechurchofsatan

[IDEA] Weekly History Game (Name Undetermined)

Post by thechurchofsatan »

Okay so as was suggested in the Assembly a competitive means of teaching our region's history is now being discussed...here! I'm thinking weekly like Popmaster. But first and foremost we need to work out how it's going to...work out! Should they be multiple choice questions? Just a question with no answers presented? I'm thinking the former. Should we do it Jeopardy style, with categories, point values to correspond with increasing difficulty? Maybe just categories for each round like in Popmaster? If we do categories how should we categorize the questions? Era? Military? Legislative? Cultural? In-game? Offsite? There's so much to work out!

Thoughts?

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Re: [IDEA] Weekly History Game (Name Undetermined)

Post by Catalyse »

Weekly is a bit too often. For one, popmaster has a more general appeal, not everyone will be into a TRR/NS history quizz, but a lot more people will be into a music quizz, but even popmaster is starting to wear me out a bit with someone hosting it every week.
Formerly former things.
Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Most of the competitive trivia I've seen at festivals has been ask a question with no choices and see who the first to answer is. As far as the weekly thing, I too think that might be a bit too often but mainly because there isn't as much to work with as there is with a variety of RL categories. We might exhaust our whole question list faster than we can replace it.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

It needs a simple name. Something that players can easily remember.

Also, a Jeopardy setup would be amazing! I don't see a problem in doing this once a week or once every two weeks. Once every two weeks would probably be best, though.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
thechurchofsatan

Okay so how about every two to four weeks?

Manson

Post by Manson »

thechurchofsatan wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 20:39
I'm set on two.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Deadeye Jack

Post by Deadeye Jack »

thechurchofsatan wrote:
Sure, we can play it by ear and see how popular it is and also when people sit down to think up questions we'll see how difficult of a process that is for them.

On the other hand I had an idea if we wanted to make them quizzes for completion instead of competitive trivia. Top scorers or perfect scorers could get some kind of card reward.

Manson

Post by Manson »

Deadeye Jack wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 21:50
thechurchofsatan wrote:
Sure, we can play it by ear and see how popular it is and also when people sit down to think up questions we'll see how difficult of a process that is for them.

On the other hand I had an idea if we wanted to make them quizzes for completion instead of competitive trivia. Top scorers or perfect scorers could get some kind of card reward.
Interesting thought. Want me to create a demo quiz, grab a small group of people, and have them test it out tomorrow?

Morover
Nation: Morover

Post by Morover »

I really like this idea. I'd definitely be down.
thechurchofsatan

Deadeye Jack wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 21:50
I like this idea even better! It would give people more time to delve into the historical archives. They'd have to sift through the information. What concerns me are the prizes. It would require maintaining a supply of cards of all rarities. The number of participants with a score fitting a certain rarity of cards could possibly exceed that of the promised prize. To remedy that I think maybe creating multiple questionnaires of increasing difficulty (Easy, Normal, Hard, Extreme). However I do realize that could more quickly exhaust our supply of questions. Maybe keep it to just two difficulties? I'm not sure.

Manson

Post by Manson »

We had six participants, Jack had the highest score.

1. Deadeye Jack (10/10)
2. Morover (7/10)
3. Bormiar/Twertis (6/10)
4. Thepeopl (5/10)
5. Bowshot and Neop (4/10)

Here was the code for the first quiz. I called the dispatch "Rejected Jeopardy" because I couldn't think of a better name.

Code: Select all

[center][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/EExJIOD.png[/IMG][/center]

Hello, and welcome to Rejected Jeopardy. I am your host, Manson, and today we're going to be demoing a quiz based on The Rejected Realms' history for The Rejected Realms Historical Society (TRRHS). The rules are simple, there are five categories. [B]Government[/b], [b]Culture[/b], [b]Military[/b], [b]Media[/b], and [b]Persons of Interest[/b]. There are two questions in each category, which is in total ten questions. You are to answer the following questions to the best of your ability. You may look at pinned dispatches and the forum. All of the answers are on the forum except for two, which are in pinned dispatches. The person with the highest number of correct answers will receive an Epic card that has something to do with The Rejected Realms. The runner-up will receive an Ultra Rare card that also has something to do with the region. Pretty simple, right? When you're done answering the questions, please submit your answers to me by telegramming me or by DMing me on Discord at MM#5169. You have until [b]July 21, 2019[/b] to do so.

[B][Size=125]Questions[/size][/b]

[Box]
[B]Government[/b] - Which year was our current Constitution ratified?

[B]Government[/b] - What is the role of Speaker? What does it do?

[B]Culture[/b] - What is TRR's nickname? Hint: Is named after an early native Delegate.

[B]Culture[/b] - Where does The Rejected Realms Historical Society store valuable essays, lectures, and articles?

[B]Military[/b] - When was the Rejected Realms Army (RRA) founded? (Exact date, please.)

[b]Military[/b] - Which region did the RRA defend from Ireland in 2003? 

[B]Media[/b] - Which TRT issue covered the banjection of Benevolent Thomas (who was at the time Delegate) from 10000 Islands?

[B]Media[/b] - What is the highest The Rejected Times (TRT) rank that a journalist can receive?

[B]Persons of Interest[/b] - Who secured The Rejected Realms for the Atlantic Alliance?

[B]Persons of Interest[/b] - Whose flag served as inspiration for the RRA and later TRR's flag?[/box]
I'm hopefully going to be able to create a leaderboard soon and a few graphs on who got what right and wrong, eventually I'll host a public discussion in TRRHS' subforum on the quiz. For now, I'm just going to send Jack a TRR Epic card and Morover an Ultra Rare TRR card. Congrats!

thechurchofsatan

Perhaps you should have sent them a survey or something also. For input on their experience with it.

Manson

Post by Manson »

thechurchofsatan wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 22:28
Perhaps you should have sent them a survey or something also. For input on their experience with it.
Great idea. Will be done as soon as possible.

Thepeopl
Nation: Thepeopl
Discord: Thepeopl

Post by Thepeopl »

Congratulations! And yay I beat the speaker.
Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

Post by Altasund »

Aaaaah, his was why you wanted me to do that quiz
Yeah, I'd have to actually memorise some TRR history stuff if we were to make this a thing
Non scribatur.
Deadeye Jack

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Altasund wrote:
27 Jul 2019, 23:34
Aaaaah, his was why you wanted me to do that quiz
Yeah, I'd have to actually memorise some TRR history stuff if we were to make this a thing
Don't even have to memorize. I just searched the forum for the answers

thechurchofsatan

Deadeye Jack wrote:
28 Jul 2019, 02:17
Don't even have to memorize. I just searched the forum for the answers
Which is exactly how we figured it was gonna go down. ^_^

Return to “Culture Office”