Rejected Newsletter

Where the Officers and others plot world domination.

Moderators: Salem, Minskiev, Delegate

Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Rejected Newsletter

Post by Catalyse »

So, the idea is to start doing some sort of newsletter to distribute to our allies but which, with some adjustments, could be alos distributed internally.

We can try doing this bi-montly instead of montly if we don't have enough material to cover for a monthly release or because of time constraints. I'm fine with a bi-monthy release.

What could our next release cover?
  • Delegate Election;
  • Officer by-Election;
  • Assembly Business;
What else? I would also include stuff about the regional map and such in the regionwide telegram but that's probably not something that should go in the version distributed to our allies.
Formerly former things.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Re: Rejected Newsletter

Post by Manson »

I already wrote about the Del election. Honestly, I think it’s a little late to touch on the Officer elections. That was 2 months ago.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Manson wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 16:02
I already wrote about the Del election. Honestly, I think it’s a little late to touch on the Officer elections. That was 2 months ago.
Depends what this is for - if this is intended to be information first, like an update, then I think it's fine. If this is intended to be like TRT then definitely too late - but I don't think that's what's wanted. Depends when the intended publication is.

As for you already writing about the Del election, that's fine imo, trt is a different entity and the purpose is different. TRT has its analysis, opinions etc, it's never just been a "regurgitate facts" entity.

The listed categories are good imo. Writing about what's happened "culturally" in TRR could also be good, particularly if this is ideally going to be dual purpose. I don't see any issues with including culture/more internal stuff in these updates given it's not going to cover (presumably) anything private/for cit eyes only. If our allies care about it, great, if not, who cares? As for removing stuff for an internal publication, I can't think of anything that should be sent to our allies but shouldn't be sent internally.

I'm happy to write whatever's necessary but what I write will be more boring and factually oriented.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Manson

Post by Manson »

BowShot118 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 17:15
Manson wrote:
Depends what this is for - if this is intended to be information first, like an update, then I think it's fine. If this is intended to be like TRT then definitely too late - but I don't think that's what's wanted. Depends when the intended publication is.

As for you already writing about the Del election, that's fine imo, trt is a different entity and the purpose is different. TRT has its analysis, opinions etc, it's never just been a "regurgitate facts" entity.

The listed categories are good imo. Writing about what's happened "culturally" in TRR could also be good, particularly if this is ideally going to be dual purpose. I don't see any issues with including culture/more internal stuff in these updates given it's not going to cover (presumably) anything private/for cit eyes only. If our allies care about it, great, if not, who cares? As for removing stuff for an internal publication, I can't think of anything that should be sent to our allies but shouldn't be sent internally.

I'm happy to write whatever's necessary but what I write will be more boring and factually oriented.
The del election piece wasn’t written for TRT, it was written for the update Salem was working on before Cat was elected.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Manson wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 18:35
The del election piece wasn’t written for TRT, it was written for the update Salem was working on before Cat was elected.
Ahhh, fair enough then
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Catalyse

Post by Catalyse »

Manson wrote:
I meant the officer by-election, not the general election, sorry.

Can you post the draft you wrote?
Formerly former things.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Catalyse wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 14:52
Manson wrote:
I meant the officer by-election, not the general election, sorry.

Can you post the draft you wrote?
Here it is:
With Officer elections concluding in April, May 1 brought another wave of politicking in the form of Delegate elections.

With the incumbent Minskiev (Walrus) choosing to stand down, opting instead to bring an end to over a year of delegacy, the race saw many nominations but ultimately four confirmed candidates: Bowshot118 (Toerana), Catalyse, Cookies, and Koppalan Moon State.

With a joke campaign seemingly centered around the pastafication of the region coming from Cookies, a light campaign from the Koppalan Moon State centered around the world’s ever-hovering threat of nuclear annihilation (N-Day), alongside more concise platforms from Bowshot118 and Catalyse, Catalyse, who previously occupied the delegacy from 2017-2018, was elected as Delegate in a landslide victory, receiving 21 votes.

It’s uncertain what Catalyse’s election will look like for the region but congrats to her on getting her second wind and many thanks to Walrus for his service.
It’s fairly short and to the point. Let me know if you want more content.

Catalyse

Post by Catalyse »

In light of the current events I'll just move forward with doing a regionwide newsletter. Posting a generic foreign update on the NSGP forums doesn't really make sense in the current situation.
Formerly former things.

Return to “Foreign Office”