Stellar Cartography & Design

The space for our region's organized clubs and cultural activity groups.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

thechurchofsatan

Stellar Cartography & Design

Post by thechurchofsatan »

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you like making maps? Do you like designing your own images? The trees, the mountains, the rivers, the menu at Kandarin's BBQ & Grill. All of these things and more, such as flags and banners belong right here, where we'll not only create and share our own works. We'll also discuss relevant topics such as the impact of climates on various worlds and situations, artistic style and format in relation to contributed works, etc. Being a community organization this group belongs to no one. We are all equals before the eyes of art.

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Re: Stellar Cartography & Design

Post by Manson »

CoS, Neq, and I thought of this last night. I can't wait until we do stuff! :)
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Looks sweet. :)

I won't be able to help because I suck at making images, but I wish you good luck. :P
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Post by Deadeye Jack »

I will be monitoring this closely to learn who all the image creating experts are for...purposes.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Post by Nequedum »

Hey I only signed up for descriptive writing!
thechurchofsatan

So I think we ought to get this started by showing what we can do. I'm starting off with a (simple) map I designed. You don't have to make a map this is just what I chose to start with.
**Warning these are going to be huge images so I'll just post links rather than the actual images.**

http://i.imgur.com/guyVwC3.jpg

This first one is a desert with an enclosed mountain range containing an oasis (for weary or desperate travelers!) I decided it might look better if I tilted the image to better accentuate the height of the mountains.

https://i.imgur.com/wCBKbbS.png

This one however is the same map with less color. Admittedly the first one with more greenery would have made this one better for the purpose with which I made it. Anyways this one looks more like an old school map and because the color is so restricted it can be any kind of environment you want.
Last edited by thechurchofsatan on 11 Dec 2018, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Post by Nequedum »

I believe those are the same links? Don't worry I make that mistake all the time :P

That map looks super awesome though! Not where I imagine Glacikaldr would go but it may inspire me to make commission something similar...
thechurchofsatan

PowerPAOK wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 11:05
I believe those are the same links? Don't worry I make that mistake all the time :P
Nope! Never happened. Everything's fine. The links are fine. Post mistakes never happen. Everrrr. :P
PowerPAOK wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 11:05
That map looks super awesome though! Not where I imagine Glacikaldr would go but it may inspire me to make commission something similar...
I've made several maps actually. Made a new one for my nation like last week. It borders the vast warzone of Maxtopia. ^_^

Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Post by Deadeye Jack »

I'm not sure if this is the proper place or not, but I was wondering if any intrepid thread followers with skills would like to take a crack at making images for Reject Awards. Hit me up for details.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
thechurchofsatan

I took up a challenge (the gauntlet thrown down by Manson) to make my own variation of the region's flag earlier today. And so I began my work! With some brainstorming and a moment of clarity I found my vision! Coming to a machine uprising near you, I present: The Rejected Matrix!
Last edited by thechurchofsatan on 23 Apr 2019, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

thechurchofsatan wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 02:14
I took up a challenge (the gauntlet thrown down by Manson) to make my own variation of the region's flag earlier today. And so I began my work! With some brainstorming and a moment of clarity I found my vision! Coming to a machine uprising near you, I present: The Rejected Matrix!
Love it!

By the way, we should recruit for this place. Malphe is a great artist, I'll ask him if he'd like to join.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

thechurchofsatan wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 02:14
That looks pretty cool. :)
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
thechurchofsatan

frattastan wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 09:03
That looks pretty cool. :)
Thanks! I'm still not sure if I should call it "The Rejected Matrix" or "The Matrix Realms". :P

Return to “Community Centre”