Mistress of Chaos [DEAD]

For all your roleplay needs.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Mistress of Chaos [DEAD]

Post by Manson »

After several years of traveling the world and conquering nations with the mighty Kygarian army, Natasha Ruth, a Kygarian soldier, receives an honorable discharge and returns to her family. Convincing herself she is not complete without a significant other, falls in love with a former librarian, Alison Vogel. However, after a year of being together, Alison is murdered by a dangerous psychopath looking to get revenge on Natasha. Vowing revenge, Natasha rounds up a group of people to help her track down Joseph Wren, the Alvani soldier who killed her lover. The year is 1643, however, no real life nations exist. The world is ruled by three nations: Kygaria, Alvaniy, and Lounemim. Kygaria and Alvaniy occupy 90% of the world, while the measly Lounemim occupys only 10%. Here is the character creation template:

Character's Name:
Features
Background:
Nation of Birth:
Talents:

To sign up, simply list your character's name, background, their gender, features, talents, and etc.

Note: Human characters only.
Last edited by Manson on 16 Mar 2019, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Mistress of Chaos [ACTIVE]

Post by Catalyse »

I think you'll need a bit more background and setting. :P The RP's plot seems a bit too narrow though.
Formerly former things.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Catalyse wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 00:00
I think you'll need a bit more background and setting. :P The RP's plot seems a bit too narrow though.
I know. I'll edit later, that's just all I came up with in three minutes. :p

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Fauxia
Nation: Fauxia
Discord: Fauxia#1470

Post by Fauxia »

Yeah, what time period is this? I will join, certainly, but I need to know more
Deputy Officer of Being Irrelevant
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Post by Nequedum »

Same here. Maybe provide us with a character creation template to use?
Manson

Post by Manson »

Edited!

Nequedum

Post by Nequedum »

Character's Name: Lorine Marinbrie
Features: A slim tall man with a complexion equivalent to the icy mountain-tops of Lounemim. He is not prominently muscular, but has an appearance that radiates independence common with all from his nation.
Background: He comes from a lesser noble family and has grown up with a fascination for mechanical weaponry due to his poor ability with any heavy melee weapons such as a halberd, the traditional weapon of the Lounemim who produce them alongside plate steel to be able to efficiently guard their mountain passes with their relatively smaller population than the other two nations. He has no aspirations of obtaining knighthood for his family name, but instead intends to prove his small nation the value of muskets in the future of warfare, before, as he fears, it is too late. He is driven by his father's memory of Alvaniy's attack using matchlock muskets to capture the very same fortress-city, Bria, his family name originates, and this will be his reasoning to join Natasha's group of which also seeks vengeance. His surname comes from marine and Bria, seeing how Bria was a coastal city, theoretically protected by the mountainous region and thin passes a few city's lengths away from Bria's walls, and made vulnerable by the use and prominence of gunpowder. After the city fell, his family relocated to the nation's Capital, Lounem, where Lorine was later born.
Nation of Birth: Lounemim
Talents: Skilled in his knowledge for mechanical components, wielding a doglock musket and sparring with a rapier. His fascination in mechanical weaponry but partriotic upbringing has left him to prefer the Lounemim native doglock muskets over the cheaper to produce but more recently invented flintlock muskets of Alvaniy. This is minimal worry for his nation however, as their armies are far less hefty to man with their limited population. Lorine also practiced his hobby of sparring obsessively, locking himself away for hours at a time only to enter a tournament and beat up someone less experienced than he is. He uses this as a coping mechanism seeing how his slim build and passion in musket weaponry is something he is shunned for among his peers and the noble class.
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 20
Religion: 8
Charisma: 12

I hope it's okay if I came up with some of Lounemim's history and culture in my app, as nothing was mentioned so I just assumed nothing was made yet.

Also, you used Lounemim first and then Lounenmim the second time. Can we stick with Lounemim please?
Manson

Post by Manson »

PowerPAOK wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 13:57
Character's Name: Lorine Marinbrie
Features: A slim tall man with a complexion equivalent to the icy mountain-tops of Lounemim. He is not prominently muscular, but has an appearance that radiates independence common with all from his nation.
Background: He comes from a lesser noble family and has grown up with a fascination for mechanical weaponry due to his poor ability with any heavy melee weapons such as a halberd, the traditional weapon of the Lounemim who produce them alongside plate steel to be able to efficiently guard their mountain passes with their relatively smaller population than the other two nations. He has no aspirations of obtaining knighthood for his family name, but instead intends to prove his small nation the value of muskets in the future of warfare, before, as he fears, it is too late. He is driven by his father's memory of Alvaniy's attack using matchlock muskets to capture the very same fortress-city, Bria, his family name originates, and this will be his reasoning to join Natasha's group of which also seeks vengeance. His surname comes from marine and Bria, seeing how Bria was a coastal city, theoretically protected by the mountainous region and thin passes a few city's lengths away from Bria's walls, and made vulnerable by the use and prominence of gunpowder. After the city fell, his family relocated to the nation's Capital, Lounem, where Lorine was later born.
Nation of Birth: Lounemim
Talents: Skilled in his knowledge for mechanical components, wielding a doglock musket and sparring with a rapier. His fascination in mechanical weaponry but partriotic upbringing has left him to prefer the Lounemim native doglock muskets over the cheaper to produce but more recently invented flintlock muskets of Alvaniy. This is minimal worry for his nation however, as their armies are far less hefty to man with their limited population. Lorine also practiced his hobby of sparring obsessively, locking himself away for hours at a time only to enter a tournament and beat up someone less experienced than he is. He uses this as a coping mechanism seeing how his slim build and passion in musket weaponry is something he is shunned for among his peers and the noble class.

I hope it's okay if I came up with some of Lounemim's history and culture in my app, as nothing was mentioned so I just assumed nothing was made yet.

Also, you used Lounemim first and then Lounenmim the second time. Can we stick with Lounemim please?
Oops! Perfect, I love it!

Accepted.

Fauxia

Post by Fauxia »

Character's Name: Kristoff Fiederowicz
Features: A tall, lanky man. Age is catching up to him, as his hair is turning gray, but he is still reasonably active, strong, and healthy.
Background: Fiederowicz comes from a family of highly successful and extremely wealthy merchants. After the death of his father in 1630, Fiederowicz, originally a merchant like his father, took his wealth and just quit. Single, he lives very comfortably, and plans to keep it that way. He may not be so famous, but if something is happening, Fiederowicz is likely connected to someone involved. He does two things, really: He helps people, in return for money, and he bribes people, with money. His wealth makes him powerful. He isn't someone you want to cross, but, even if he isn't such a public figure, if something is happening, you can bet your bottom gold piece Kristoff Fiederowicz knows more about it than you do. His information can be very beneficial, if you can afford it. His life is summed up by his quote: "A little money goes a long way. A lot of money goes seven times around the world and back."
Nation of Birth: Kygaria
Talents: Soft power. Being on the inside. Hiding in plain sight. Getting money. Getting what he wants done. Helping you if he likes you. Potentially killing you if he doesn't. Finding out information. Intelligence work.

Intelligence: 19
Charisma: 13
Manson

Post by Manson »

Accepted.

All characters have 50 points to spend on their stats.

Stats make characters more proficient in certain areas. The four stats are Charisma, Strength, Intelligence, and Religion. Charisma is how successful you are with words, Strength is obviously fitness, Intelligence is how smart one is, and Religion is how pious you are. Religion allows you to preform a prayer every day. Prayers can bring money, companions, and food. The higher the religion points, the more successful the prayer will be. Fill out your character stats like this:

Strength:
Intelligence:
Religion:
Charisma:

Remember you only have 50 points! Use them wisely!

Nequedum

Post by Nequedum »

Will we be using d20s? If so, I want this to be Lorine's stats. If not, I may give him more intelligence to reflect how he is far better with whatever alternative system you wish to use.

Intelligence: 20
Charisma: 12
Manson

Post by Manson »

Yes, we will.

Nequedum

Post by Nequedum »

Alright, sounds good! I may play with my stats a little.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Alright.

Relfa
Nation: Relfa/Relfinin
Discord: Relfa#1581

Post by Relfa »

I will make a character ASAP
Relfa
Relfa
Nation: Relfa/Relfinin
Discord: Relfa#1581

Post by Relfa »

Character's Name: Pierre Diotrich
Features: A short man, a bit overweight, but really muscular. Has a big scar that cross his face, which he says that he got from a bear attack, but he got it in a battle. Long blond/grey hair. He always seems tired.
Background: Pierre was born in the capital of Alvaniy, grew dreaming about becoming a soldier. His father was a former soldier, who lost both legs in a battle and died one month later, his father's death ocurred when he was 8. His mother was a very strong woman, that took care of three children alone, Pierre being the oldest one. Pierre became an Alvani soldier and was determined to honor his dad in the battlefield. With 25 years old. He was training young soldiers when Kygarian soldiers attacked their settlement, it was a total carnage, no chance for the Alvanis. Diotrich ran away and was considered a deserter. He found his new home in Kygaria and made a new identity to himself. He's still a patriotic Alvani, but brokenhearted, because he knew he wouldn't be able to come back. He found a job in Joseph Wren libary, to then replace him when Joseph retired. He was a good friend of Joseph and when he died, he became very sad.
Nation of Birth: Alvaniy
Talents: Pierre doesn't train for 12 years, so he's a little weakened, but he's still strong and. In the library he acquired a lot of knowledge. He has abilities to infiltrate between both kygarians and alvanis since he knows both. Can use weapons due to his time in the Alvani army.

Strength: 12
Intelligence: 18
Religion: 10
Charisma: 10
Relfa
Fauxia

Post by Fauxia »

Intelligence: 19
Charisma: 13
Manson

Post by Manson »

Are we ready to begin?

Nequedum

Post by Nequedum »

Aye, aye cap'n!
Manson

Post by Manson »

Alrighty.

I'll start writing tommorow.

Manson

Post by Manson »

Spoiler: click to toggle
Upon receiving the applications from the others, Natasha meets up with the others at a local tavern. It is a musty, dirty, and dank place. Full of disgusting and evil people. What would the party like to do?

Nequedum

Post by Nequedum »

Lorine made his way over to Natasha, having said his greetings and sorted out his belongings as the two waited for the rest of the group to arrive. The Marinbrie family of Lounemim had always gravitated around legality and this was an opportunity for him to catch a murderer and bring them to justice, hence earning himself the beginnings of the respect he knew he should command now that he was turning into his later years. His time as an accomplished fencer earned him fame, but his social context led to him keeping his interest in mechanics hidden. As was said, he came from a family of law and that means he should have no interest nor business in the practices of a laborer. This was his time to shine: to allow his intellect to blossom through the art of an investigator, and a private investigator at that. He trusted that the rest of Natasha's group would provide the muscle where he offered little.

Lorine pulled out one of the many recruitment flyers of which Natasha had distributed across the three major nations, raising his head from the parchment as he turned it around to face her and addressed her by name, "Natasha, as your job of sorts stated - we are looking for an Alvani murderer who has personally grieved you. This Wren character has most definitely fled beyond the influence of Kygaria where your nation would do what it could within its power to right this wrong, but other than that: what are we truly sure of? What I first would ponder on is his motivations - and let us not so quickly rule out the thing as a simple act of vengeance for your service as Kygarian soldier - and to that end I ask, was there anything about Mister Vogel and his private enterprise over the years that you may not have known? If the most logical conclusion is that this was an act of revenge after all, then was there anything so starkingly notable that you did over your service to wrong this Wren on such an intimate level as to make him act so sour and cruel?"
Manson

Post by Manson »

Natasha responds to Lorine, "War is the root of all grief. I'm not surprised about his vengeance. He is obviously still angry about the Great War. It's most likely because I crippled him during the final battle. That's why he murdered my lover."

Natasha moves her bangs from her eyes. "We must wait for the others. Here, have a glass of wine on me."

Fauxia

Post by Fauxia »

Kristoff enters in disgust at the place, used to his normal wealthy taverns.
“Violet almighty, you better pay me for my services,” he thinks to himself in disgust.”
Manson

Post by Manson »

Fauxia wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 21:25
Kristoff enters in disgust at the place, used to his normal wealthy taverns.
“Violet almighty, you better pay me for my services,” he thinks to himself in disgust.”
Natasha spots the man entering and recognizes him.

"Over here!" she yells as he walks in the tavern.

She grabs a stool from an unoccupied neighboring table and offers Kristoff a seat.

"Nice of you to join us."

Return to “Rejected Roleplay”