Woohoo!

Good-tempered discussion of the real world.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Woohoo!

Post by Manson »

Marilyn Manson released his first single from his future album Heaven Upside Down today

The Single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhzjOOVcY5k
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Vulturret

Woohoo!

Post by Vulturret »

Good song, enjoyed listening to it!
Vulturret
Former Speaker of the Assembly (two terms)
Zavina

Woohoo!

Post by Zavina »

I find it difficult at times to understand what Marilyn Manson is trying to get at , at times . Such as in his song , " Beautiful People" , he seems to fault capitalism , and consider Fascism to be a better alternative :nazi: . However , in his Antichrist Superstar Tour , he proclaimed Christianity to be fascist , as he lit on fire a Bible . So logically , wouldn't that mean that Christ is the answer to the problems created by the "beautiful people" ? :P
Somehow though , I rather doubt that was his intended message . :lol: Anyway , although I am admittedly not really a fan , I might check out his latest album anyway , just out of curiosity . :evil:
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Woohoo!

Post by Nequedum »

Zavina wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 22:49
I find it difficult at times to understand what Marilyn Manson is trying to get at , at times . Such as in his song , " Beautiful People" , he seems to fault capitalism , and consider Fascism to be a better alternative :nazi: . However , in his Antichrist Superstar Tour , he proclaimed Christianity to be fascist , as he lit on fire a Bible . So logically , wouldn't that mean that Christ is the answer to the problems created by the "beautiful people" ? :P
Somehow though , I rather doubt that was his intended message . :lol: Anyway , although I am admittedly not really a fan , I might check out his latest album anyway , just out of curiosity . :evil:
Capitalism isn't a political system. Fascist states can also be, and usually are, capitalist. Most songs have multiple meanings but I think the obvious meaning of "Beautiful People" is a critique of the group being named in the title. Whether beauty is belief, or wealth, or physical looks. He's saying the whole idea of a select group of people standing out as being beautiful above everyone else is disturbed, so you're looking at it trying to apply your own biases evidently (or you didn't look hard enough). PS MM was also not the only songwriter who worked on that song.

Return to “The Peanut Gallery”