Quitting

Good-tempered discussion of the real world.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

Ryno

Quitting

Post by Ryno »

I think I am done with NS. For good this time. Not 100% sure yet, but it's looking like it. I'll just be keeping my main nation alive probably.

It was quite interesting here. I didn't do everything I wanted here, but it was cool.

Anyway I got a question for everyone (or two). When do you think you'll quit NS? When should someone quit NS?
Who am I? Ryno, protector of regions, great unicorn soldier, fighter for NS purity, and bringer of greatness to TRR.
#notmywords
Warzone Codger

Quitting

Post by Warzone Codger »

Your main is here right? You are one of the furniture.

For me, the time is quit seems to the moment, when it hits you that you're having drama with people a decade younger than you. I cringe at myself sometimes.... so I'm hoping on cutting down on NS, or at least take it less seriously than I once did.
Also known as Jeffersonborg - re-educating ejectees one mind at a time.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Quitting

Post by frattastan »

Don't know when I will quit, but I am sticking around out of inertia. :P
I feel NS can work pretty well if you're tired or bored of it (for many people, at least): you can become less and less active, or stick around only for RMB posting and chats, or log only once every sixty days and return when something interesting happens.
Plenty of people are effectively "retired" and still keep their nations alive.

Will you check out here or on the RMB now and then, or are you done with everything NS-related?
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Ryno

Quitting

Post by Ryno »

Warzone Codger wrote:
08 Feb 2015, 09:28
Your main is here right? You are one of the furniture.

For me, the time is quit seems to the moment, when it hits you that you're having drama with people a decade younger than you. I cringe at myself sometimes.... so I'm hoping on cutting down on NS, or at least take it less seriously than I once did.
When I go into retirement mode my main is Ryno III. Which isn't here, but Ryno has really become my main recently. I'll be keeping both alive probably.

I know what you mean about talking to people younger then you by quite a bit.
frattastan wrote:
08 Feb 2015, 09:32
Don't know when I will quit, but I am sticking around out of inertia. :P
I feel NS can work pretty well if you're tired or bored of it (for many people, at least): you can become less and less active, or stick around only for RMB posting and chats, or log only once every sixty days and return when something interesting happens.
Plenty of people are effectively "retired" and still keep their nations alive.

Will you check out here or on the RMB now and then, or are you done with everything NS-related?
I'll be logging in and check in on the RMB from time to time. I won't be going on forums. If I did it wouldn't be for NS government type stuff.

Who am I? Ryno, protector of regions, great unicorn soldier, fighter for NS purity, and bringer of greatness to TRR.
#notmywords
frattastan

Quitting

Post by frattastan »

Hmhm. RMBs is more relaxing.
Forum can be fun too, but it's easier to get caught up in government/politics stuff.

Oh well. Good luck with everything.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Ryno

Quitting

Post by Ryno »

Thanks.
#notmywords
Libetarian Republics
Nation: Libetarian Republics
Discord: LR#2079

Quitting

Post by Libetarian Republics »

You should quit when you stop having fun is my expression. However, you have to define what's quitting first. :P For some, it could mean completely removing NS from your life while for others it's just casually checking in now and then. I know for many who were heavily invested in this game find difficulty quitting, and others like me would have an easier time not being involved with NS because of how little we invested in the game. The same goes for other MMOs honestly.

For me, I keep up with NS and other old MMOs despite not having the time to invest in them because they give me some comfort from reality. Having your major priorities with work and other real-life commitment drains me mentally and emotionally, and I'm sure it does for others as well. I usually go to see how the game and community are going, and it gives me a nice warmth. I say it's an equivalent to college students using Netflix :lol:

Wherever you're going in life, best of luck! and I'm sure TRR will be around ^_^
thechurchofsatan

Quitting

Post by thechurchofsatan »

Frankly I don't know when I'll quit NS. I play for 2 reasons, to have fun and to pass the time. I hope to see you around once in a while.

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
sedge
Nation: Sedgistan
Discord: sedge#3069

Quitting

Post by sedge »

You're not allowed to retire until COFR has taken over NS.
frattastan

Quitting

Post by frattastan »

Is that when you'll retire, sedge? :P
Ryno

Quitting

Post by Ryno »

sedge wrote:
11 Feb 2015, 13:05
I guess I got some work to do then. lol.
#notmywords
sedge
Nation: Sedgistan
Discord: sedge#3069

Quitting

Post by sedge »

frattastan wrote:
12 Feb 2015, 09:04
Is that when you'll retire, sedge? :P
That's a promise.
dogeisland

Quitting

Post by dogeisland »

unibot wrote:
12 Feb 2015, 15:31
There will eventually be a new region with the acryonym, COFR. :P

Ryno, sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving, bud. It was blast working with you in the government. Myself, I left NS because someone told me I needed to and I regret leaving - meant what I worked to create in NS was just suddenly cut short of my contributions. I'll probably slow down dramatically in my participation when I'm working full-time in a creative field.
You can't leave, Uni! You're awesome!
Dr. Doge
tupelope

Quitting

Post by tupelope »

goodbye ryno
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
dogeisland

Quitting

Post by dogeisland »

Ryno wrote:
12 Feb 2015, 09:24
sedge wrote:
11 Feb 2015, 13:05
I guess I got some work to do then. lol.
Hey, man. I didn't really know you, but you seemed like a pretty cool guy. I certainly hope you come back. Enjoy RL, man.
Dr. Doge
Ryno

Quitting

Post by Ryno »

unibot wrote:
12 Feb 2015, 15:31
There will eventually be a new region with the acryonym, COFR. :P

Ryno, sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving, bud. It was blast working with you in the government. Myself, I left NS because someone told me I needed to and I regret leaving - meant what I worked to create in NS was just suddenly cut short of my contributions. I'll probably slow down dramatically in my participation when I'm working full-time in a creative field.
Yeah it was cool working in the government here.
tupelope wrote:
13 Feb 2015, 03:16
goodbye ryno
Bye.
dogeisland wrote:Hey, man. I didn't really know you, but you seemed like a pretty cool guy. I certainly hope you come back. Enjoy RL, man.
Thanks.
#notmywords

Return to “The Peanut Gallery”