She's got a ticket to ride yesterday on a yellow submarine

A forum for reviews and discussion of games, books, music, film and other such things.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

Spartan Termopylae

She's got a ticket to ride yesterday on a yellow submarine

Post by Spartan Termopylae »

All over the telly are adverts for a particular film. The title he gives it away.

I've been reminded of how much the Beatles mean to me, as of I could forget. It started a few weeks back, when I showed the missus the carpool karaoke with Sir Paul. And now the film Yesterday is on the way. The Beatles are arguably one of the most influential and most covered bands in history. Growing up in the liverpool sphere of influence, with parents who lived the era in that magical city, I came to the Beatles at an early age. When the Anthology began to be released in the 90s, my childhood, I ended up with 3 or 4 on tape. The first album I bought for myself was Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, one of several contenders for the first concept album (the purchase was also my first on cd)

Wo here has an appreciation for the Beatles? A favourite album or song?

Personally I Lee the Revolver or Yellow Submarine albums, while I'm somewhat partial to Paperback Writer (as I enjoy writing) and The Fool On The Hill
The written word is one of the most precious things known to man.

We have barely reached a point where most appreciate this.

Wr addre nearing the point where were loose this
Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Re: She's got a ticket to ride yesterday on a yellow submarine

Post by Deadeye Jack »

How do you even pick a favorite song? The Beatles certainly weren't my era but I've definitely been exposed to their music. I'm not sure that I have a favorite and they have a lot of different things that they did.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Spartan Termopylae

Post by Spartan Termopylae »

Which one do you go back to most? Or gets you the most excited? Which one would you do at karaoke? 😁
The written word is one of the most precious things known to man.

We have barely reached a point where most appreciate this.

Wr addre nearing the point where were loose this
Thepeopl
Nation: Thepeopl
Discord: Thepeopl

Post by Thepeopl »

I sing "Yesterday " as a lullaby to my kids when they are ill. As it's one of the few songs that I know by heart. But I wouldn't recommend listening to me whilst singing. I do murder the melody.

Return to “Like or Dislike”