CoD MW3

A forum for reviews and discussion of games, books, music, film and other such things.

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Delegate

Spartan Termopylae

CoD MW3

Post by Spartan Termopylae »

This is a brief review of the offline side of 'Infinity Wards' latest offering in the biggest game franchise in history. The absence of most of the original team is perhaps telling.

So. The game. Its set fairly soon after the climax of the last Modern Warfare, and you don't play as Soap at all. Makarov is chasing the fugitive Soap and Price, while the Americans are involved in a battle for New York.

Its pretty. The team working on the game developed some lovely visuals, and tied a coherent story into it. The gameplay characters dont shift too frequently, so you do get a couple of missions as each before changing. However, the aerial overwatch sections in the Spectre do end very abruptly, throwing you sharply back into the action on the ground.

The campaign gives you joy and dismay all in one package, but it keeps its totally unnecessary, skippable moment designed solely to shock (no spoilers from me). We see African grassland, Parisian crypts, the London underground, and part of Berlin, among other more traditional MW fare. But its a package that, on regular, falls in at under 6 hours gameplay, which is too short, and some of the checkpoints will spawn you in the middle of a gunfight when you die.

Spec ops adds to the experience, but only do Survival (read, Horde or Firefight) mode if you are feeling brave, or have a friend. Its a bitch.

Its a good game, but it wont come into its own unless you play online. As a full, £45 game, dont buy it unless you plan to go online. Wait till its drops in price, or buy it preowned.
The written word is one of the most precious things known to man.

We have barely reached a point where most appreciate this.

Wr addre nearing the point where were loose this
Tim
Nation: Tim Stark
Discord: Tim#6442

CoD MW3

Post by Tim »

^Agreed.

But the online is pretty amazing...

Still... I have Skyrim :P
Spartan Termopylae

CoD MW3

I could have Skyrim. Id not be paying retail price if I bought it. Im not buying it.

Get a review, even a provisional one, up

tupelope

CoD MW3

Post by tupelope »

You are forgetting a major aspect of the game, which is the online multiplayer.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Spartan Termopylae

CoD MW3

Not forgetting. Ignoring. Did say it was an offline review

Return to “Like or Dislike”