Speaker's Office

An area for citizens of The Rejected Realms to discuss regional and legislative affairs.
Until you have gained citizenship, you will not be able to post in this forum or view the Citizens' Private Forum sub-forum. To get citizenship, apply here.

Moderators: Speaker, Deputy Speaker

Altmoras

Speaker's Office

Post by Altmoras »

The Rejected Realms

Office of the Speaker
Current Speaker: Aga
Current Deputy Speaker: Dimetrodon Empire

Please use this thread to pose any questions or inquiries you might have for the Office of the Speaker. (You can also contact me via Discord, however, I'd prefer any questions on procedure be posted publicly here).
Unofficial Procedures
  • Archiving: The Speaker will be archiving debate and vote threads after 30 days without a post in them, and election threads shortly after the end of the election. If you want to reopen an old debate just message the Speaker and ask to have it brought back onto the main floor.
  • Bringing matters to a vote: Ordinarily, a proposal will be brought to a vote at the request of its proponent and one other citizen. However, the Speaker may refuse to open a vote if they believe debate on the proposal has not exhausted. The Speaker will consider the nature of the proposal, its urgency, the length of time it has been debated for, and the course of the debate to that point.
  • Minimum debate period: The Speaker will not bring proposals to vote unless they have been debated on the floor of the Assembly for at least 48 hours, preferably longer. This requirement can be waived if the matter is determined by the Speaker to be urgent. The Speaker will consider requests for waiver and any views expressed on urgency.
Active Assembly Matters
N/A

Legislative Proposals
N/A

Elections and Votes
N/A

Matters of Debate & Discussion
N/A
Altmoras

Re: Speaker's Office

Post by Altmoras »

As I said in my campaign I will be running open applications for the position of Deputy Speaker, all citizens are welcome to apply regardless of seniority or experience. I have enough experience for the both of us so you just need to be coachable.

Please fill out the application below and post it in this thread if you're interested.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Any previous legislative experience:[/b]
[b]Why you want to be Deputy Speaker:[/b]
[b]Will you be consistently active from now until April?:[/b]
Bobberino
Nation: Bobby Rino
Discord: Bobberino#6969

Post by Bobberino »

Name: Bobberino (Bob)
Any previous legislative experience: Speaker's Staff in TNP
Why you want to be Deputy Speaker: I want to work on legislation in a region that's not TNP, and see how I'll do. I'm confident I can serve TRR well.
Will you be consistently active from now until April?: Yeah, just shoot me a DM and I can get to whatever is needed 9 times out of 10.
Altmoras

Post by Altmoras »

Bobberino wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 03:09
Name: Bobberino (Bob)
Any previous legislative experience: Speaker's Staff in TNP
Why you want to be Deputy Speaker: I want to work on legislation in a region that's not TNP, and see how I'll do. I'm confident I can serve TRR well.
Will you be consistently active from now until April?: Yeah, just shoot me a DM and I can get to whatever is needed 9 times out of 10.
You win by default, congratulations.
Vulturret

Post by Vulturret »

Congratulations to Bobberino on this appointment.
Vulturret
Former Speaker of the Assembly (two terms)
Altmoras

Post by Altmoras »

Vulturret Today at 12:01 PM
Altmoras's Office literally isn't even fufilling its own constitutional duties.
He's been inactive for three days.
Which transfers his duties to the forum administrators.
More than three, actually.
There seems to be a misconception being spread around that I don't log into the forums, which I can't blame anybody for having, since on my very own computer its telling me my last activity was December 10th, 2018, which doesn't even make sense. This leads me to the conclusion that Jolt's Activity Tracking is beyond scuffed. I check the assembly forums for anything that might need my attention at least once per day, usually more.

Furthermore, I encourage citizens who have concerns with the operations of the office of the speaker to raise them in this thread here, where they are easier for me to see and respond to than random posts on Discord.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

Our treaty with Taijitu is still listed as active.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Altmoras

Post by Altmoras »

Good catch, fixed.
Vulturret

Post by Vulturret »

May I please inquire if the Speaker's Office intends to enforce its archival requirements for the Assembly floor? Multiple threads are now well in breach of the requirements brought forth by the Speaker's Office. The procedures can be found in the OP of this thread, but I have quoted them here for posterity:
Altmoras wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 02:41
Archiving: I will be archiving debate and vote threads after 90 days without a post in them, and election threads shortly after the end of the election. If you want to reopen an old debate just message me and ask to have it brought back onto the main floor.
Vulturret
Former Speaker of the Assembly (two terms)
Altmoras

Post by Altmoras »

Yep
Manson

Post by Manson »

There are a few dead topics that need archived. Could you please archive them?

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Altmoras

Post by Altmoras »

Yeah I think 90 days is a little too generous. I'll probably move that requirement to 30.
Manson

Post by Manson »

Altmoras wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 10:43
Yeah I think 90 days is a little too generous. I'll probably move that requirement to 30.
Thanks! Might wanna archive them then. :P

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 03:17
Altmoras wrote:
They were already archived when you made this post (the ones in the main Assembly forum, at least). He just accidentally left a link to the topics when moving them.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Altmoras

Post by Altmoras »

frattastan wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 08:11
Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 03:17
Altmoras wrote:
They were already archived when you made this post (the ones in the main Assembly forum, at least). He just accidentally left a link to the topics when moving them.
Yeah I suck at phbb and accidentally left the shadow topics in place.
Altmoras

Post by Altmoras »

I have two midterms, a quiz, and a paper due all in the first three days of next week. Needless to say, my activity will be limited until then, and it might take me up to 12 hours to respond to things that need my attention.
Manson

Post by Manson »

My first act as Speaker was to archive numerous dead and closed topics. Now hopefully the Assembly looks a bit cleaner and less crowded with unused topics. I'd also like to thank Alt for his service as Speaker. :)

Manson

Post by Manson »

The Rejected Realms | The Office of the Speaker

Esteemed citizens of The Rejected Realms, I have decided that as Speaker, from now on, I will remain unbiased and impartial in all standard votes. I will only vote in elections, and will abstain in all other instances. I have decided to do this because Speakers are intended to be unbiased in real life bodies and I encourage all future Speakers of the Assembly to continue this practice to prevent the citizenry from being influenced by the Speaker.

(Please note that I wanted to keep this post extremely short.)

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Will you continue submitting proposals and taking a substantial role in debates?
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Manson

Post by Manson »

frattastan wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 20:26
Will you continue submitting proposals and taking a substantial role in debates?
I will continue submitting proposals and will debate, but I will not be seen voting "Aye" or "Nay" or any variant of those. I will always abstain.

Spartan Termopylae

Post by Spartan Termopylae »

Doesn't participating in debates mean you come down on one side or another? Thus violating impartiality? I think the two are mutually exclusive
The written word is one of the most precious things known to man.

We have barely reached a point where most appreciate this.

Wr addre nearing the point where were loose this
Manson

Post by Manson »

Spartan Termopylae wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 22:00
Doesn't participating in debates mean you come down on one side or another? Thus violating impartiality? I think the two are mutually exclusive
Good point. I will refrain from participating in debates regarding Assembly matters.

Manson

Post by Manson »

Recently, and by recently, I mean this morning, I commissioned Malphe, a citizen, to make a seal for the position of Speaker based on the old department seals created around 2013-2015. I am extremely impressed with Malphe's artistic skills and applaud him and thank him for creating such an excellent work. I will be using this seal from now on in all official announcements in this thread. Three cheers for our favorite rodent! :)

Spartan Termopylae

Post by Spartan Termopylae »

Manson wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 19:42
Spartan Termopylae wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 22:00
Good point. I will refrain from participating in debates regarding Assembly matters.
Not quite what i intended
The written word is one of the most precious things known to man.

We have barely reached a point where most appreciate this.

Wr addre nearing the point where were loose this
Cove
Nation: Chimes
Discord: JamieNS#9042

Post by Cove »

Why do your archive topics so quickly when they’re barely a week old or even a few days old?
~ Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms ~
~ Former Officer for the World Assembly ~
~ Ex-Speaker of The Rejected Realms Assembly (2 Terms) ~
~ Former RRA Officer ~

Return to “The Assembly”