Speaker's Office

An area for citizens of The Rejected Realms to discuss regional and legislative affairs.
Until you have gained citizenship, you will not be able to post in this forum or view the Citizens' Private Forum sub-forum. To get citizenship, apply here.

Moderators: Speaker, Deputy Speaker

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Re: Speaker's Office

Post by frattastan »

>_>
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Post by Gorundu »

I am appointing Morover as Deputy Speaker
Officer of TNP Affairs
frattastan

Post by frattastan »

They have been masked.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Guy

Post by Guy »

This ship might have sailed, but I do wonder: Why weren't the headings in the most recent amendment inserted into the text of the Constitution?
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Post by Gorundu »

Guy wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 09:35
This ship might have sailed, but I do wonder: Why weren't the headings in the most recent amendment inserted into the text of the Constitution?
I have now included the headings in the Constitution. A possible explanation for why it was not in the first place may be that the headings were not highlighted in the proposal as "substantive changes".
Officer of TNP Affairs
Cove
Nation: Chimes
Discord: JamieNS#9042

Post by Cove »

*dusts the speaker’s office*

I will not currently be appointing a deputy speaker. My first course of action will be tidying the Speaker forums.
~ Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms ~
~ Former Officer for the World Assembly ~
~ Ex-Speaker of The Rejected Realms Assembly (2 Terms) ~
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

Gorundu/An_Dr_Ew will be my deputy speaker to assist with the elections.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Cove

Post by Cove »

Dyl will be taking over as my new deputy speaker for this term.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Dyl
Nation: Khevo // Dyllypoly
Discord: DγΙ#4608

Post by Dyl »

Gorundu will be temporarily serving as Deputy Speaker to run Speaker elections in my stead.
Former Speaker & Officer of Foreign Affairs "u r my hero" - Guy
- Reject Awards -
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Hey all - I'm looking to appoint a Deputy Speaker who will help me manage the running of the Assembly and work on the goals I've set out for this term. I'll be opening the position to any interested citizen, but I'd love to take on a deputy with less experience in TRR's government - a deputy position is a great way to learn the ropes! (I would know - it helped me out, too) :lol:

If you're interested, you can let me know either by replying here or sending me a DM on Discord - my ID is DγI#4608. I'm not looking for or expecting any prior experience or qualifications, so don't hesitate to apply!
- Reject Awards -
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Purple Hyacinth will be serving as Deputy Speaker for this term.
- Reject Awards -
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

I’m pleased to introduce the Bill Writing Guild - a framework designed to encourage cooperative legislating.
- Reject Awards -
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Progress Report - Winter Term

Speaker: Dyl | Deputy Speaker: Purple Hyacinth

Greetings Rejects!

Given the somewhat behind-the-scenes nature of much of the work of the Office of the Speaker, I find it prudent that the Office releases a short report on the actions taken and changes made by the Speaker in the past term. Below you will find a list (with some links and images included in spoilers) of the work the Office of the Speaker has completed in the past 3 months.

Assembly Archives
  • Split each section of the archive (Assembly, Elections, and Citizens) into Discussion and Voting subforums, as well as a Campaign subforum in the Elections Archive, for easier navigation
  • Sorted over 1200 threads into their correct subforum
Legislation
  • Reorganized and updated the Legislation, Treaties, and Repealed Treaties subforums
  • Re-formatted and standardized each thread in the Legislation, Treaties, and Repealed Treaties subforums
Speaker's Workroom
  • Cleaned out the Speaker's Private Workroom
  • Created standardized Assembly templates for almost every Assembly matter (See below for images)
  • Created a schedule of regular Speaker duties (See below for images)
  • Wrote a Vote Counting Guide for future Speakers (See below for images)
Other
  • Established and opened the Bill Writing Guild
  • Continued work on an automated voting processor

Looking back at my campaign, much of what I intended to accomplish was accomplished - as well as a multitude of other plans that only came about later down the line. I've got no idea if future Speakers will continue this report, but I believe it's a good precedent to set. Whatever may come in the future, I'm pleased to have served as Speaker and to have made lasting contributions to TRR's community in the role.

Images (Click to View):
  • Portion of Assembly Templates
  • Regular Assembly Schedule
  • Portion of Vote Counting Guide
- Reject Awards -
Minskiev
Nation: Minskiev
Discord: walrus#8689

Post by Minskiev »

squeezes through doorframe

I'm currently looking for a Deputy Speaker, so if you're a citizen and wish to apply, DM me on Discord at walrus#8689. No prior experience necessary.

I'm gonna need a bigger chair than this one.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 11x WA author. Join the RRA here.
Guy

Post by Guy »

The OP of this thread has been updated with updated procedures about bringing proposals to a vote. As promised in my campaign, this will be supplanted in due course with a full procedure manual.

More excitingly, I am seeking expressions of interest for Deputy Speaker. For now, there is one Deputy Speaker portfolio open, detailed below; depending on the applications I receive, I may appoint more than one Deputy Speaker.
  • Assembly business - This is the 'classic' Deputy Speaker portfolio. You will help with opening and closing votes, vote counting, and so on. This portfolio is a good one for anyone who is considering running for Speaker in the future - I am happy to work with you to give you as much experience I can (and you want).
To apply, PM me here or on Discord in the next 72 hours (simpler than explaining time zones!). In the coming days, other opportunities may come up.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Section 2 of the Government Accountability Act (GAA) requires the Delegate to report to the Assembly on the government's achievements and plans within each portfolio on 1 November.

If the government does not make the required report within 48 hours of when it is due, section 4 of the GAA requires the Speaker to report this to the Assembly.

I report to the Assembly the government failed to provide the report required by the GAA.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

Requesting that the Speaker please update this thread.
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Done, thank you.
Guy

Post by Guy »

I have appointed Dyl as Deputy Speaker. Congrats :)
Manson

Post by Manson »

Requesting the “Current Officials” thread to be updated when you have the chance, Guy.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Guy

Post by Guy »

All done.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Hey everyone - delighted to be in this office again :) A few initial points of business:
  • The position of Deputy Speaker is open. Its primary duties include assisting in keeping an eye on discussions and opening/closing votes - essentially, helping with the regular functions of the Assembly. I'm also happy for it to be used as a starting role for someone who would like to learn the ropes of the Assembly and the Speaker's Office, as it's a great place to start in TRR's government. Let me know if interested!
  • The initial post of this thread will be updated in the coming days to ensure it accurately reflects current matters and procedures.
  • The following threads will be archived this coming Wednesday (January 19) unless there is expressed intent to continue the respective discussions.
- Reject Awards -
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

I’ll be appointing Ereh as Deputy Speaker in order to run the Delegate election.
- Reject Awards -
frattastan

Post by frattastan »

Voting in elections lasts four days.
Constitution, article 3.C wrote:... Assembly votes are four days long, apart from votes on amendments to the Constitution, which are seven days long. ...
The Elections Act doesn't mention any exception for Delegate elections.
See, for example, the votes that resulted in the elections of Nakari, Aga, Sarah, Jack, Kyorgia, myself. I think this has been the case at least since August 2017, but I haven't checked thoroughly.

This vote was kept open for seven days, but it appears it was irregular (although the outcome would've been the same - Jamie would've been elected in the first round).
Manson

Post by Manson »

frattastan wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 19:32
Voting in elections lasts four days.
Constitution, article 3.C wrote:... Assembly votes are four days long, apart from votes on amendments to the Constitution, which are seven days long. ...
The Elections Act doesn't mention any exception for Delegate elections.
See, for example, the votes that resulted in the elections of Nakari, Aga, Sarah, Jack, Kyorgia, myself. I think this has been the case at least since August 2017, but I haven't checked thoroughly.

This vote was kept open for seven days, but it appears it was irregular (although the outcome would've been the same - Jamie would've been elected in the first round).
Fixed, apologies, misread something, my head’s been out of the game for a while.

Return to “The Assembly”